It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun collector with ‘arsenal of deadly weapons’ arrested

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Eff New York.

Sanctuary States for gun owners people.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ha a bannana clip with 25 caliber rounds... No... Its a 25 round magazine, .22 caliber, for most likely a ruger 10/22. They do not even understand what they are trying to ban.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm sure I will be berated for this but just how many guns is too many to you guys, is there a line ?

+12 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I'm sure I will be berated for this but just how many guns is too many to you guys, is there a line ?

How many words is too much free speech?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nice. How about coin collector arrested for having a conspicuous amount of coinage on his personal property, inhibiting the flow of the economy.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yeah, everyone should be allowed to stockpile illegal weapons! Gun collector doesn't mean you are above the law and NYC is well known for their strict gun laws. This guy isn't smart.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yet ask any Progressive and they will swear they aren't coming for your guns.

We all know it is BS.

edit on 2018/5/1 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
Nice. How about coin collector arrested for having a conspicuous amount of coinage on his personal property, inhibiting the flow of the economy.

Well, they stole all his "cash" as well..... of course.

LOL

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, everyone should be allowed to stockpile illegal weapons! Gun collector doesn't mean you are above the law and NYC is well known for their strict gun laws. This guy isn't smart.

HE had them BEFORE the law was past. He was legal in this case. Also there were no Illegal weapons there. no AR-15s or "assault weapons." I got news anything can be a assault weapon. Thats anything you assault someone with.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Argen

Well, they stole all his "cash" as well..... of course.

LOL

Oh that will be taken to pay for a prosecutor to try and put him in jail for life.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Thems assault words!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

HE had them BEFORE the law was past. He was legal in this case. Also there were no Illegal weapons there. no AR-15s or "assault weapons." I got news anything can be a assault weapon. Thats anything you assault someone with.

www.nydailynews.com...

Among the weapons were three assault rifles — including a Fabrique Nationale model with a 50-round clip and two AK-47-style guns.

Where does it say that in the article? The only mention of the weapons history is that his father gave him the guns. The Act was passed in 2013 and I dunno if that grandfathered in weapons or not, but if you're gonna be a responsible gun owner you should know the laws, right?!?!

That said, hopefully the prosecutor isn't trying to jail this man for life unless its found he was up to some kind of malicious intent. I'll tell you, owning a handgun in NY, let alone NYC without a permit is your fault, not the states. At the end of the day, sounds like this guy didn't even bother or care to bother to look up and follow the laws of the state. It's that simple. You all may just be defending a lazy gun owner who doesn't care about the rule of law.

States rights, right?

edit on 1-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

LOL Thats gold.. You win..

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

State rights only so far as when they don't conflict with federal law.

Federal law being the second,fourth,fifth,seventh,eighth,and fourteenth amendments.

What New York did to that guy was 6 violations of his civil liberty.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

States rights end where your constitutional rights begin. In theory.
And a model is not a weapon. The Ak's were inherited and were under US law considered inheritence. if he was not going to ever use them then why need a permit? did they find any 7.62 ammo? Didnt sound liek they had.
And according to the constitution we dont need a permit, This is a great case for setting a precedent regarding NY laws being un constututional.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I agree on this one. What I read was illegal
possession of firearms and the guy is saying
he got them from his father. That sounds
like bullshlt to me. Gun collectors know the
laws and make damn sure everything is in
order. They avoid this from happening.
edit on Rpm50118v09201800000056 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

State rights only so far as when they don't conflict with federal law.

Federal law being the second,fourth,fifth,seventh,eighth,and fourteenth amendments.

What New York did to that guy was 6 violations of his civil liberty.

OH no..swills is right..we should just let the States rights supercede the federal ones.(sarcasm if you cant tell lol)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I agree on this one. What I read was illegal
possession of firearms and the guy is saying
he got them from his father. That sounds
like bullshlt to me.

Can ya prove that though? Its not about what you can accuse someone of. its what you can prove they did.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Of course not I'm just say'n. With the wording
of that article. The guy could be dealing guns
on the street. We don't know anything for sure.
Snap judgement check yourself before you
wreck yourself always.

I'M NOT A LIBERAL!
:lol
edit on Rpm50118v23201800000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What, you mean as opposed to that Shining Beacon of True Goodness, Knowledge, Truth, Light, and Wonderfulness that calls itself the State of New York?

Naaahh. let all the backwards-assed apes kill each other. Get it over with. Rip off the band-aid.

Just think about it, we could bulldoze the entire state, and build something really useful, like a skate park, or an air force base, or something else that's both useful AND cool.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join