It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West Calls Slavery A ‘Choice,’ Gets Schooled On History

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

The full interview is 30 minutes long, but most people just seem to want to pick and choose clips

Thanks for posting the full interview!!!

I'm not sure exactly who/what you meant by "most people," but I've noticed the same -- starting with TMZ and other media -- and I'm more than a little perturbed by it. Especially releasing the "slavery is a choice" comments without proper context. Kanye was sabotaged -- and, in effect, we all were. We've spent a week arguing about what Kanye "really" meant by his statements, and that never should have happened.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I really wish Kanya would stop this...
I was content disliking this man. I was perfectly content thinking he was just another douche bag thug artist promoting violence and disrespect for authority. But lately he is displaying a trait many liberals lack.

Independent thought

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

And here I was thinking conservatives were the ones who are cult like, blindingly following dear leader unshakable in their beliefs so much so they would have elected a known child predictor.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: gunshooter

Yes slavery was a choice of settlers to purchase and legally enslave people to use for labor purposes. A rough estimate would say that 98% were white men of European decsent purchasing and enslaving Africans. The slaves were purchased through in an intricate system which included white men, Jewish men, Arab men and African tribes which sold captured enemies to the aforementioned. what I have said is widely accepted historical knowledge.

missing my point I think. What I meant was its a persons choice to be a slave or free. simple...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Kanye West is referring to living in poverty in today’s world can be a choice with a lot of people who abuse welfare.Politicians uses them to vote for them never fixing the problem.
Mostly liberals on the democratic side but there is also republicans that are doing it.Now they want illegals immigrants to vote for them so they can stay in power.They never address job loss or massive debt or could care less about them..Form of slavery to abuse people this way.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I heard he further explained himself after the fact to say something along those lines. Thing is... is that what he really meant or what his handlers had him say to sugar coat it. If that is in fact what he meant I really can't argue with him but his erratic behavior and rants and raves of a crazy person reminds me that even a broken clock is right twice a day.
edit on 3-5-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
you really need to listen to Kanye's interview it's mind blowing

he's coming out with the truth about the music industry

this event is every conspiracy theories wet dream and all you guys can focus on is this?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Oh one thing, Colin Kaepernick!!,, all you folks talking about free expression of thought , where you at, he is still banned from doing what he trained for..oh should he still STFU and others like him just dribble their balls.
C'mon lemme hear from ya!!
edit on 4-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Man, this is the takedown of ALL TIME!

Some ordinary guy listens to Kanye's bizarre rap and quietly and efficiently TAKES HIM DOWN!

At about 1:50 in this video you will hear a devastating takedown of Kanye West

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice,” West said.

That’s when Lathan hopped up and said he didn’t think West was thinking anything. “I think what you’re doing right now is actually the absence of thought and the reason why I feel like that is because, Kanye, you’re entitled to your opinion,” said Lathan. The sportswriter and podcast host then explained what it’s like being a black man when you’re not famous or creatively talented like Kanye West:

You’re entitled to believe whatever you want, but there is fact and real world, real life consequence behind everything you just said. And while you are making music and being an artist and living the life that you’ve earned by being a genius, the rest of us in society have to deal with these threats to our lives. We have to deal with the marginalization that has come from the 400 years of slavery that you said for our people was a choice. Lathan said he was not only “disappointed” and “appalled,” but also hurt: “I am unbelievably hurt by the fact that you have morphed into something, to me, that is not real.”

When one speaks from the heart some light and truth come forth, that's what we witness in this video

...and then, of course, the people who have understood even a LICK of what Kanye has said... understands he is taking about the slavery between peoples ears... and yes, it is a choice.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I have always asserted that protesting the flag is exactly the rights that have been fought and died for.

Kapernicks actions were a celebration of those freedoms.

King James on the other hand says things that show he has little education. Free to say what he likes....but he sounded ignorant.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Metaphorically. Current slavery to the democratic political position. Reality knew what he meant.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Oh one thing, Colin Kaepernick!!,, all you folks talking about free expression of thought , where you at, he is still banned from doing what he trained for..oh should he still STFU and others like him just dribble their balls.

He isn't banned, is he?
I think it is just that no teams want to sign him due to his asking price and lack of talent/ability. If he actually had something that they wanted, the teams would sign him and put up with any public relations problems that came with him. NFL teams pick up A-hole players like Michael Vick and worse.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

He isn't banned, is he?
I think it is just that no teams want to sign him due to his asking price and lack of talent/ability. If he actually had something that they wanted, the teams would sign him and put up with any public relations problems that came with him. NFL teams pick up A-hole players like Michael Vick and worse.

Na na na!! It's a banned, the owners black balled him because they are afraid of El presidante Trump
Inside the Confidential N.F.L. Meeting to Discuss National Anthem Protests .
www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl
a reply to: Willtell

Metaphorically. Current slavery to the democratic political position. Reality knew what he meant.

Nope!! That's not what he meant, he said 400 yrs of actual slavery and perhaps mental slavery,as an after thought,stop cleaning up his sht.
edit on 4-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yep. People here are defending him without looking at what he actually said.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Why doesn’t Kanye at his next concert where the MAGA hat. Go to Chicago or any "hood" where he supposed to be from and walk around and say slavery was voluntary. And if he comes out alive then he should be commended!

Why? Are you suggesting blacks are violent thugs who will kill him for such behavior and attire?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Distraction tabloid news!! Great job kayne, the ADHD nation is now focused on you and stormy daniels. There surely is nothing else going on in the world.

-10 for real journalism again! You all argue about this nonsense and all lose at the same time.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

He isn't banned...nobody wants him because he is an egomaniac....not a team player.

Said it many times before....don't bite the hand that feeds you.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

He isn't banned...nobody wants him because he is an egomaniac....not a team player.

Said it many times before....don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Inside the Confidential N.F.L. Meeting to Discuss National Anthem 
mobile.nytimes.com...

Just in case you missed it the first time I put it out, here is the link again.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"Better to die on your feet, then to live on your knees"?
Some dead guy

Then there Gandhi saying on slavery? I wonder what Socrates an Plato thought of it?

I wonder if I'd ever have the...how do you spell it in Spanish?

Ever wondered why the Vatican banned suicide?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join