It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Border Security Your Taxes at work Hundreds of Migrants SITTING on top of border wall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Hard to get solid numbers but it seems like only 150-200 from the 1,200 made it to the Mex/US border.

Last that was heard was that Mexico offered asylum and those that did not accept had 21 days to leave mexico so it seems like mexico took in about 85% of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If these people want Asylum form a line and wait your turn but you start climbing 30 ft tall fences and sit on top and wave for the national news broadcast is absolutely ridiculous Where's Border security??? WHERE??? What the hell am i paying taxes for if the government- elected Cant secure the NATIONAL BORDERS?? i as an American tax & law abiding CITIZEN DO NOT WANT to see People ILLEGALLY climb and cross borders and have it broadcast in our face WAVING NON US FLAGS AS THEY COME IN so yea WTF Elected reps of government, please take decisive action right NOW. Or just tell the Citizens of the USA Plainly the USA now has completely open borders.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

"If they apply for and are granted legal citizenship then I welcome them."

Maybe, I still think their numbers should be reduced. I keep hearing, "If it's legal, it's OK." Well it's not OK. We don't need any more cheap labor right now. When this push to get illegal immigration under control started, the idea was to restrict immigration until we got it sorted out. Get out the illegals then start letting legals in at a lower rate. Now people are saying open the floodgate just do it legally.

The current laws are a big part of the problem. Let's fix them and after that process legal immigrants. People on both sides say the system is broken. There is going to less and less cheap labor jobs from now on. Automation like self driving trucks will throw many out of work. It's not just how many apply for asylum but with the chain migration each one will bring in a dozen more. We need to move toward a merit based system now.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The best picture I saw was someone holding a sign that states "Asylum is a right" from the fox news link. Why do ppl think everything is a right now a days? I think a 250k salary is a right, prove me wrong. lol

~Morpheus

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

We don't need any more cheap labor right now. When this push to get illegal immigration under control started, the idea was to restrict immigration until we got it sorted out.

Then why are crops rotting in the field because there aren't enough pickers.

www.politifact.com...
www.podomatic.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

read your first source to better understand why you fail.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

So you want the Border Patrol to shoot them off of the wall? Knock them off with poles? What exactly do you want to see?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

read your first source to better understand why you fail.

It's not a matter of whether you fail or not. It's a matter of how much are you willing to pay for fresh produce.

This current enough for you?

www.bloomberg.com...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Just watched a segment on fox news that shows and bunch of migrants SITTING on top of border wall for that matter where is the Mexican authorities as wellI pay Federal taxes to Secure our Border and now im watching hundreds of migrants just walk on in...... WTF IF THEY DID IT THE RIGHT WAY I WOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM But this is wrong and worry some JUST LOOK AT THE PICS WTF !!!

www.foxnews.com...

After they add the razor wire you won't see much of that. What I'd like to see is the Mexican Government get off it's A# and clean the place up. There are large areas over there not fit for an outhouse yet thousands of children are living in squalor digging through city dumps looking for things to sell. Any gov that ignores it's own people aren't fit to run a Country. Why are those assholes still in power? I think we're well aware of the answer to that one.

We found razor wire was never enough back in the 80's. You need electricity, around 3500v at 1amp to make a difference, otherwise, the government is just pissing into a headwind. Screw the politically correct garbage, one citizen dying because of an illegal is one too many. We are way past one too many.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I think you should read your link.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
If these people want Asylum form a line and wait your turn but you start climbing 30 ft tall fences and sit on top and wave for the national news broadcast is absolutely ridiculous Where's Border security??? WHERE??? What the hell am i paying taxes for if the government- elected Cant secure the NATIONAL BORDERS?? i as an American tax & law abiding CITIZEN DO NOT WANT to see People ILLEGALLY climb and cross borders and have it broadcast in our face WAVING NON US FLAGS AS THEY COME IN so yea WTF Elected reps of government, please take decisive action right NOW. Or just tell the Citizens of the USA Plainly the USA now has completely open borders.

I guess you didn't watch the video in the article that you linked?

Those sitting on the fence were protesters and probably legal immigrants, maybe even US citizens.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I have no idea why you are telling people on an internet forum "The current laws are a big part of the problem. Let's fix them and after that process legal immigrants." when it isn't up to them to do that.

Pressure your law makers and not the people who are pointing out that your law makers have let the situation pretty much remain the same for at least 50 years.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I don't know. It's certainly not because there is any kind of shortage of Mexicans in this country. From what I can see, many of them seem to prefer dealing coc aine in the cities to picking vegetables on the farm.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I guess I'm mostly speaking to the American voters here. And if you're not an American then who the hell do you think you are to try to tell us how to run our own country?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why was this moved to rants from current events it's not even on any news feeds anymore?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
I guess I'm mostly speaking to the American voters here. And if you're not an American then who the hell do you think you are to try to tell us how to run our own country?

Where did I try to tell you how to run your country?

All I did was point out who the fence sitters actually were and pointed out that the group requesting asylum at a port of entry were following the laws in effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join