It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant caravan reaches US, Mexico border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: carewemust

According to those that organized it, this is the tenth anual caravan.

ETA: The organization has been active for 15:
Pueblo sin fronteras

For more than fifteen years, members of Pueblo Sin Fronteras have been reaching out to the most vulnerable immigrants in the United States and to migrants and refugees on the move.

Thank-you for researching that. I don't think there will be an 11th caravan. At least not one that will come to the US/Mexico border.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why not?

There is nothing illegal in asylum seekers traveling in groups.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I am slightly confused by your comment. Are you in support of what I said or against it? Either way this forum is about the caravan with people trying get asylum in America. I do not know about their nationality so I can not be sure they are or are not from Syria. With that being said why would Syrian refugees be brought into the conversation. Unless of course said refugees are from Syria. Which wouldn’t make sense considering the route being taken and the cost of doing so.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm saying it didn't get publicized last year, but this year they're making an issue out of it. How much did it get publicized during the Obama years?

Generally speaking, all we get are vague stories about illegal border crossings.

This is only getting play because the press wants to make a point with it. Otherwise, they ignore it. They're playing it up now because of the Wall issue and the National Guard on the border. My guess is that they're hoping for some newsworthy drama they can use to make the administration look bad ... you know, rounding people up, shots of crying children, or shots of a flood of people a la Europe's shots of refugees from the Middle East invading them.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Not necessarily. Everyone who wants to cross into this country illegally knows you have only to walk over the Southern border. It is a common misconception that all the illegals coming over are brown-skinned Latinos. In reality, people of every skin color and nationality who want to come in illegally can and do exploit that border -- even white Eastern Europeans. So the idea that you would have Middle Easterners doing it isn't that far-fetched.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Press or no press doesn't mean they can't do things the same.

Still, you have to admit that if the same thing happened last year, the Trump admin didn't make a big deal about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You make a very good point, but I have never really looked too much into this. With my limited knowledge of this dilemma I would assume someone would rather seek asylum in the EU rather than spend all that money to travel to Mexico or even South America. But like I said I really don’t know much about this whole matter.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

If they go through legal channels to enter the country then I have zero problem with them coming here. If they want to cry and make a scene on the border then they can return to whatever rock they came out from under.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 4/29/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Where's the California National Guard ?

😃💡

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

If the US wanted to put the resources into enforcing our laws they would have a long time ago. The US wanted a cheap labor force and Europe did the same under the ruse of helping Syrians when it was really just economic refugees.

I say just let them in and vet them before you let them roam free. Path to citizenship and a community service job working off cost of staying.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Sorry for the snarky comment. I've just read for so long that all those European immigrants were supposed to be Syrian refugees when 90% of them were clearly from Africa. I connected that with this situation where the "refugees" are clearly migrants. Of course they are not refugees - there is no war or natural disaster in Honduras. It is just a crime infested s***hole. Both cases are kind of fraudulent.

Probably many of these people just got a letter from a friend or relative talking about how great being in a gang in America is so they left Honduras to join them.

Of course the other poster is also correct. Middle Easterners do cross that border but I think it's unlikely they would hike through Mexico from Honduras to do so.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Meh don’t worry about snarked comments here. I do it often just to piss others off. Hell I have even trolled the mods lol. Well tried at least. The biggest attribute that you have shown is integrity and that is the most valued asset here. Congrats to you!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

(Foxnews.com)-A group of about 50 Central American migrants who fled southern Mexico in late March have reportedly reached the U.S. border and plan to seek asylum.

.........................“Since yesterday, some began to cross into the United States to turn themselves in from Tijuana and request asylum. We understand more of (the migrants) will do the same,” Jose Maria Garcia, director of Juventud 2000, an organization dedicated to assisting migrants, told Reuters.

www.foxnews.com...

Live stream here

If you were to read Jimstones blog you will find he discusses the actual distance to travel which inlcudes over mountaines, the make up of the groups who are elledgedly making this this trip and so on.

One can see that its highly unlikely that anyone will make the ditance in the time. It quicly becomes evident that if as you say, these caravans are begining to arrive then its likely its a put up job because they would have to have been assembled very colose to the border by people brought in for the purpose.

One is simply left to wonder about the purpose of this caravan of people, who organsised it all, whose paid them but most of all, who is going to benefit from it??????

One is also left to speculate about the motives of those who give this so-alled caravan exposure on this forum. In the scale of things, this is all very small bickies and one suspects some here may be agents of thoise who are going to benefit from this whole stunt.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
It’s perfectly legal under international and American law to allow these people to apply for legal asylum.

They are not doing anything criminal but are largely victims of their own countries violence

I hope and pray we can find a solution to these issues for these people and the countries involved.

America shouldn't be unfairly burdened with the problems of other countries, but this country is still a beacon for freedom and an asylum retreat for those in real need.

Dont worry, the UK get burdened with all sorts of rubbish no one else wants and we are much smaller than you.

Why dont you build a huge city for them all, with a wall around it and a dome over it and turn it into a TV show?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
so much crying over fifty people in distress?

let them in, let them stay.

Are you gonna pay for them to eat? You got some spare rooms at you place?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
lol, i like how since i'm not putting up all 50 people in my spare room i'm a hypocrite. you people are truly incredible.

Nope you ARE a hypocrite. Just put up 2 of them then. I bet you wouldn't even put up 2 of them for a week.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

Could you please explain in detail how fixer is a hypocrite? I would Ike to know your explanation of that. Please feel free to enlighten us.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

Could you please explain in detail how fixer is a hypocrite? I would Ike to know your explanation of that. Please feel free to enlighten us.

Do you know what a NIMBY is?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Yes but I am confused as to why that term is being used right now.
Can you please explain why you threw that out?

:edit: holly F#shiz as I just posted that a coyote just walked up to me..........WTH man, did you put a curse on me? All I have is my IPad for defense lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join