It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do humans in general fear alien contact?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Why do humans in general fear alien contact? why shouldn't we make contact if we can?

Some of the serious investigators, like Jacques Vallee or Richard Dolan, will tell you readily that (alien) advanced technology doesn't automatically mean benevolence or a greater 'spirituality'.

This. There is no reason whatsoever to believe they will be friendly. In fact, the act of getting to that level of technological know-how indicate they have gotten to the top of the pecking order from wherever they came from.

They may simply see us as resources or even slaves.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe because almost every movie or story depicts them as bad. Perceptions I suppose.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Throughout history we have examples of technologically superior beings interacting with less advanced beings and it usually doesn't end well for the less advanced beings.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: darkspace

As you said, people fear the unknown. The unknown leaves a wide open space for possibilities.

Also, people would be worried if the aliens are anything like us.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkspace
This is something that have bothered me for the longest time. Why do humans in general fear alien contact? why shouldn't we make contact if we can?
at least we would know for sure that we aren't alone in this universe... Fear is a powerful motivator, but it shouldn't be. I would love to know why "we" are so afraid of the unknown-

We have been conditioned to fear Aliens by Aliens

the story of Adam and Eve 4004 bc is the hybridisation of a reptillian human with a mammalian human in order to sacrifice 6.6 billion of us this was being controlled by the catholic church and khazarian jews who united in 450 ad and have vowed to exterminate the human race most people cannot see these same people are destroying our planet behind the protection of corporations

the catholics call us CORPORATI which means taken from condemned men

the story of mary and joseph was really an account of them attending the first census in order for the scum to count and control the worlds population up to 7.1 billion people in order for them to kill the 6.6 billion this was meant to happen in 2012 which was the switching over of control to the female aspect of this planet, read the serpent of light by drumvelo melchizedek every 13000 years we swap over This is why the catholics tell their followers to kill all christians see the council of lateran 1215 for proof of this.

If you study the scum you will see that their doctrines say they are obliged to tell us what is going on but it does not matter if we understand it or not
Now enter David Icke what was the first thing out of Ickes mouth (im the son of god) now 99% of people that heard that are going to think he is a loony and not listen to him this then gives the catholics free reign to tell everyone what is really going on so him telling us therre are aliens amongst the royal families Etc is more than likely true. I was also given a story by a friend of a butler at buckingham palace that one of the children in a cot jumped out of the cot and it had a tail LOL but i was not there so just another story.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Louis CK said it best. To aliens, we're south America. How did their introduction to "civilized" culture work out? So, is it smart to look for aliens? Not even a little. Will we anyway? Yup. I don't know if fear has that much to do with it, I just don't think the likely benefits outweigh the likely risks... unless they give us hoverboard technology.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It's simple-unfamiliarity.

For instance if you make a simple hand gesture when travelling abroad that could be considered taboo, and if I met someone from an alien world and waved to them in a friendly gesture, in their culture that could be a 'yo mama's so fat' joke.

IMHO communication between an alien culture would take years, if not decades. I've read that we will be able to talk to dolphins by 2030-that's twelve years. One of the most briliiant ideas i've read is that we should communicate numerically not literally-but biology and language would be different.

But back to my original point-people fear what they don't understand.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I keep inviting them over for coffee and homemade cookies and soup but they never show up.

They may be easier to get along with than some of the people in this country

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

This is something that have bothered me for the longest time. Why do humans in general fear alien contact? why shouldn't we make contact if we can?
at least we would know for sure that we aren't alone in this universe... Fear is a powerful motivator, but it shouldn't be. I would love to know why "we" are so afraid of the unknown-

They are here now.
They have been visiting Earth for eons. Both good and evil. The evil ones mixed their DNA with ours and took wives. Some beings look much like us, some don't. They have been reported through out history in many cultures.

Here is a report of an encounter from Genesis, where advanced technology was used to temporarily blind evil humans
Genesis 19 New International Version (NIV)

Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed

19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry[a] his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the Lord is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!”

18 But Lot said to them, “No, my lords, please! 19 Your[c] servant has found favor in your[d] eyes, and you[e] have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die. 20 Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.”

21 He said to him, “Very well, I will grant this request too; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. 22 But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until you reach it.” (That is why the town was called Zoar.[f])

23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

27 Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the Lord. 28 He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

29 So when God destroyed the cities of the plain, he remembered Abraham, and he brought Lot out of the catastrophe that overthrew the cities where Lot had lived.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm sure that some earthlings (like myself) have made attempts at space alien contact. But I believe that the majority of earthlings don't want their world being turned topsy-turvy at a thought of such of thing occuring, because they have been to far indoctrinated --- such as in their own religion --- to believe that such a space alien race could exist or even contact us; that could be possibly far superior than themselves (technology wise), because of belief (besides their own deity) in their own superiority complex.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Many humans are afraid of everything and everyone that is in some way different than themselves, whether it be by race, religion, socio-economics, birth defects, etc. If most people are afraid of these things in humanity, they'd be really freaked out by another intelligent species showing up.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Why didn't it work out? 4004 BC to 2012 AD is quite a long time to ensure the plan is going to work.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The unknown, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well they might just land, plant a huge symbol of their religion, offer President Trump some glass beads for that real-estate called New York, and their first translated speech says: "Cough, cough I think we brought our flu with us, tee-hee".

I mean, it's never happened before, but not inconceivable.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I dont.

I wish they would hurry up, tbh.

we fear the unknown, but not knowing, is even more fearful.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

exactly. What my point would have been. What we don't understand we fear, and at this point, there is a lot about aliens we do not understand.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wonder what the effect of alien disclosure and/or contact would have on earthly religions?

That wouldn't make us so special anymore. Would the gospels be able to adapt? Man, imagine having the chosen people on this unique earth out of billions of life infested planets. It would be like we won the lottery.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They might look like us. They might look like the predator, or giant ants.....or we might look tasty to them.

Unknown.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
I wonder what the effect of alien disclosure and/or contact would have on earthly religions?

Some are more flexible than others. Some would just see it as a chance to open up new markets and many will answer the call to bring the word of the interstellar Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to alien heathens. Probably make them put on clothes, too.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We always fear the unknown.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join