It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do humans in general fear alien contact?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think most humans don't fear alien contact enough. We are barely able to comprehend what it would be like to come face to face with something that is truly alien.

With which we have nothing at all in common.

Imagine the most bizarre deep sea creature you can, make it more intelligent than us, then make it even more alien and puzzling. Then change out all it's technology with "magic" (because that's how advanced they would probably be to buzz around the galaxy) which we would be quite unable to comprehend or even recognize.

Now try to talk and reason with it.

I think caution is probably warranted.

Cheers,
BT

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's simple, really.

Observe any creature in nature (humans included): It would be sheer stupidity to expose yourself to a potential harmful, lethal, undefined threat without first finding out as much as you can about them - such as, "do they mean to help or harm us"?

It could be paramount to suicide -perhaps as an entire species. The evolution 'game' would be over -for us.

"HEY, YOU Bubble-headed GUYS OUT THERE- WE'RE OVER HERE!!!! [ oops... ]

Could 'they' just as likely be extant to help us? Perhaps. But it would be supreme folly to assume such a thing.

Exacerbating this dilemma is the unavoidable conclusion that if they are here, or we summon them, and they show up - they will be exponentially more advanced than us. Conclusion: If friendly, they may be able to help us -a LOT! Or, if unfriendly...

Ask any living thing interested in survival: BEFORE venturing forth, you should first determine if a potentially stronger, (much, much stronger) visitor is "friend or foe".

As Hawking tried to warn us: The Europeans were the "Advanced Aliens" that showed up in the New World oh those centuries ago -to open arms. It didn't turn out too well for the native Americans...

BTW, just my humble opinion: You can fear or not, shout or not, hide or not. It won't matter. Benevolent or Malevolent intent is something that will manifest, if and when it happens, whether we "want" it to or not.

Speculation: there is both good and evil, scaled objectives, and perhaps many species already in play on the Earth's stage. If we're lucky (and yes, luck has a role to play), then the balance is on the good side as it relates to Homo Sapien Sapien well-being -and we'll be protected.

Sure would be nice to know the facts, though...

edit on 5/22/2018 by Outrageo because: ?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Because humans fear whats unknown. a reply to: darkspace

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Fear of the unknown. That is what it boils down to.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Humana fear the unknown. a reply to: darkspace

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I literally haven't read any of the thread yet, but I have wondered that question over the years.

Ultimately I think the answer is that humans are so primitive, in our minds, emotions, instincts etc., that most people can't help it.

They just automatically think of aliens as enemies that we would be fighting against. It's the most primitive way to think of aliens and contact with them. It clearly just shows how primitive most humans still are, even today.

Let's face it, we're little more than a species of monkeys that learned how to talk lol. And human civilization shows this too, with all our wars, and all the competition in all areas of life.

We're just like the chimpanzees who automatically go to war with their neighboring groups, every now and then.

We are built basically the same as them.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: darkspace

Because an evolutionary regressor produces a regressed response similar to that produced by a predator.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join