It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Medicine is Fancy Homeopathy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Take chiropractic, for example. The medical community likes to trash them constantly, because the definition of chiropractic care has to do with "Subluxations" or some nonsense from years ago (basically saying that diseases and cancer can be cured with proper alignment or something like that); in reality, its just realigning your skeleton for pain relief, circulation, and the like.

Well you just tried to jump the shark and delve into a very wide subject that has it's roots in many ancient forms of treatment including acupuncture and spirituality.

Different thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
IE A flu vaccine does this exactly.

The difference is that a homeopathic dose contains undetectable amounts of the toxin and a vaccine can contain hundreds of thousands to millions of infectious units. I don't think you can honestly say that is exactly the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I do not think that is the goal in homeopathy. I think the goal is to give a small enough dose as to not create a serious problem but enough to get the immune system to respond... Much like modern flu vaccines..

Well, I think that would apply to any kind of medicine imaginable? You always have to give a small enough dose not to hurt, but large enough to have an effect. I don't see how just giving a small enough dose of something is homeopathy. So homeopathy is just defined by the amount of medicine, not by how it's made or chosen?

However there is no real definition of homeopathy.

I think the main points i choose to raise here is the use of poisons to treat illness

ABSOLUTELY there are many differences in the two and all i have done here is to try to begin to high light the similarities.

I was assuming you'd follow Hahnemann's teachings or something like that. If it has no definition then it's kind of hard to say it is the same as something else.

What do you define as poison? Isn't any chemical a poison, if the amount is great enough? Would you say water is a necessary ingredient for homeopathy, or is the undiluted poison enough in itself?

If there are many differences then I argue they are not the same, but different.

Chemotherapy was born from studying cadavers that had been killed using mustard gas.
IE Using a poison to kill.

As far as I know the purpose of homeopathy is not to kill anything, but to bring the body to balance I think. I don't know much about it though, tbh.

Vaccines are indeed prevention and share similarities with homeopathy by way of triggering an immune response.
So yes while there is a difference i seek to highlight the similarities here.

Antibiotics are part homeopathy because by definition they would cause illness in an otherwise healthy patient just as a vaccine does.

They definitely share some similarities
I still don't think homeopathy causes illness though.

PERHAPS the largest difference between homeopathy and modern medicine is PRIDE.

I am not here to hurt anyone's feelings or render any treatments inadequate by way of opinion.

The similarities are there.

Yeah, similarities but not the same. I mean, alchemy and chemistry have a lot of similarities too. And Christianity and Islam have a ton of similarities.

Didn't mean to sound so aggressive though, just wrote my last post in a hurry!

I don't know which one is prouder, but I'd say there are bigger differences than that. I'd say both western medicine and homeopathy are subcategories of medicine, but they have some very different principles, different practices and western medicine is also much bigger and contains a lot more variation.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Not the same.

There has been studies on homeopathy flu “vaccines” and they have been found not to work at all.

But keep saying they’re the same. Repeating it makes it true lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Not the same.

There has been studies on homeopathy flu “vaccines” and they have been found not to work at all.

They have similarities in that they both use poison to cure disease.

I have said that my thread is only pointing out the similarities and not here to highlight the differences.

Yes the flu vaccine and some homeopathic remedies have similarities.

They both use a live virus to create an immune response.

As noted in the op modern medicine has better equipment to get the dosages correct while many times homeopathic rely on different stages of illness to gather the correct dosage.

You are just here to keep on with the prideful line that one is better than the other while ignoring the point of the thread that there are similarities and through much study and work modern medicine has went further than non governmental accepted homeopathic paths.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The biggest scam is the art of lumping all non government approved cures to the term homeopathy.

Remember that the basis for homeopathy is like cures like and not lets scam everyone by diluting a substance out of the range of identification by human body.

Yes i have seen the scams out there and that is not treatment and not homeopathy.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Samuel Hahnemann developed homeopathy. You don't get to change what it is just to argue your point.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Samuel Hahnemann developed homeopathy. You don't get to change what it is just to argue your point.

Clarify your petty point there.

He is who i have been quoting as he coined the term

LIKE CURES LIKE.

Again pride is the biggest contributor to the hostile view points being put forth by everyone that feels they simply must highlight the differences between the two.

edit on 20-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

LIKE CURES LIKE.

But that wasn't his only claim:
quote from wiki:

"Like cures like", dilution increases potency, disease caused by miasms.

Also:

The preparations are manufactured using a process of homeopathic dilution, in which a chosen substance is repeatedly diluted in alcohol or distilled water, each time with the containing vessel being bashed against an elastic material, commonly a leather-bound book.[9] Dilution typically continues well past the point where no molecules of the original substance remain.

edit on 20-4-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

But that wasn't his only claim:

I never said it was his only claim

Much of what he claimed was false

The term remains true and valid and very much connecting homeopathy and modern medicine

Should i go back through history and start pointing out all the bs practices that have been abandoned in an attempt to be hard headed and contrary to a op?

This is not the first grade so grow up

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Should we start with the blood letting?

Perhaps it will be more prudent to just accept my op as defining the similarities and acknowledge me saying that the two are the same but not exactly the same.

Again homeopathy has taken on several forms.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well in the OP you first said modern medicine is just a fancier version of homeopathy. Then you said dosage is the real difference. But then you said homeopathy is not about diluting the medicine. So homeopathy uses bigger doses of poison than modern medicine?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Similar doesn’t mean the same.

A man is similar to a woman, but they’re not the same.

Homeopathy is similar to modern medicine (in a very far fetched way), but is not the same.
edit on 2042018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Clarify your petty point there.

He is who i have been quoting as he coined the term

LIKE CURES LIKE.

Again pride is the biggest contributor to the hostile view points being put forth by everyone that feels they simply must highlight the differences between the two.

Still waiting for an actual example of like curing like.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I never said it was his only claim

It is the only one you posted above.

Much of what he claimed was false

Like "LIKE CURES LIKE"?

The term remains true and valid and very much connecting homeopathy and modern medicine

No it doesn't because he wasn't talking about germs and the human immune system. These ideas had not been developed during his lifetime.

Should i go back through history and start pointing out all the bs practices that have been abandoned in an attempt to be hard headed and contrary to a op?

They are irrelevant.

This is not the first grade so grow up

No need to be impolite.
edit on 20-4-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: one4all

It’s not anything like you said.

Also. Hulda Clark?! The woman who died from blood and bone CANCER? That’s hilarious!

And...your alternative explanation is.....

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

I can assure you that my cancer is none of the things you claim. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

And your cancer is what type....if I don't know what I am talking about ....what is your alternative explanation......

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Also. Hulda Clark?! The woman who died from blood and bone CANCER? That’s hilarious!

I don’t have an “alternative explanation”. I have the scientific explanation that explains my wife’s cancer.

But you keep believing a person who said she has the cure for AIDS, all diseases and cancer, yet died from cancer lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Not the same.

Try a study on the flu remediation impacts of taking in the vitamins from rosehips with a liposomal carrier like coconut oil.... a highly bio-available source of vitamin C that when introduced into the bloodstream produces oxygen as a byproduct as it breaks down.....you flood the blood with oxygen and goodbye to anything bad in your blood....eating oranges or taking vitamin C tablets will not give you this impact.
edit on 20-4-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

I don’t have an “alternative explanation”. I have the scientific explanation that explains my wife’s cancer.

But you keep believing a person who said she has the cure for AIDS, all diseases and cancer, yet died from cancer lol.

You really should read up on Royal Rife...cancer was cured in the 30s....his work is not that hard to understand and when combined with Huldas work or the work of others it proves itself out to the layman.

Lots of people die from fast-acting cancer and its usually people who find cures and then spend their lives promoting these cure and in the real world we call it assassination....like I said you need to do your research.
edit on 20-4-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join