It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin launches new disinformation agency

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: DJW001

Watch it be more honest than "our own" "news media" is.

edit on 19-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you understand marketing you can tell at a glance that it will be all about "how" it tells the "news," not whether it is factual or not. A Russian propaganda outlet has literally wrapped itself in the American flag. Why do you think that is?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And how many people do you really think they're going to sway?

How big of a threat will it be scale of 1-10?

Now the MSM is long been running hot at a perfect 10. As long as we've been alive.

Which you never want to address that is why I'm always so compelled to do this with you.

Not that it isnt an interesting story. Or that people shouldnt know what it is when they look at its works. Not knocking your OP.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just answer the question. What do you think its.mission is?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Just answer the question. What do you think the MSM's mission is?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Making money....like any other company.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

To make money by delivering targeted audiences to advertisers while keeping within the limits of the laws constraining libel. You use the "idiot word" MSM in a typically vague fashion. If you mean media in general, it can include genuine journalism which includes dedication to informing the public in an objective fashion, delivering an intelligent, educated audience to advertisers, all the way down to professional wrestling, which presents itself as a sport (although it is not), delivering advertisers a naive or ignorant audience.

Now: what do you think the mission of a state run medium is? Specifically, who do you think USA Really is targeting? (Hint: they probably watch professional wrestling.)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

How big of a threat will it be scale of 1-10?

Ten, if it can convince enough "Second Amendment people" that Trump's impeachment is a coup by "The Deep State." Why do you think I started this thread? I want to be able to link to it when USA Really propaganda hits the fan.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

from your source

Wake Up Americans" will start its operations, it will focus on promoting information and problems that are hushed up by major American publications controlled by the US political elite.

With propaganda being legal now in the US and "fake news" and spin and a lack of real investigative journalism where do you suggest we get alternative news from? Serious question.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I like the logo. Really Project Mockingbird and the USA govt media propaganda programs opened Americans up to these media propaganda programs.

The Russians cannot match the pervasive amount of influence that there is from the USA media propaganda in TV, Movies, etc.

You'd be naive if you didn't think we do this in pivotal countries already. CNN plays globally on many TV's outlets overseas.
edit on 20-4-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Im honestly not sure what to think about this one yet. What I like is more information so I'm all for more transparency and alternate news sources. My concern would be that Russia would use the American playbook for radicalization. Turning the msm against itself like we have done to other countries. If im to believe what this object tells me, the current state of American affairs resembles the radicalization of the sunni Shia divide. As it stands I can cross reference the current media to see the bias, (cnn, Fox etc) ( Sinclair, Murdoch) I can tell what's coming from where to a certain degree. With foreign actors, the truth becomes muddied, where as the object Is not to inform but to undermine. But I'm glad it's being discussed.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Commoner123

Im honestly not sure what to think about this one yet.

Russia good, America bad. That's all you need to know.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

The Russians cannot match the pervasive amount of influence that there is from the USA media propaganda in TV, Movies, etc.

Pure Russophobia. Back in the day, true McCarthyites would tell you that Russia was running Hollywood!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

With propaganda being legal now in the US and "fake news" and spin and a lack of real investigative journalism where do you suggest we get alternative news from? Serious question.

You do not need "alternative news," you need critical thinking. In addition to print media, which tend to be more accurate because they have the time to fully research stories before publishing, there are online resources from other countries, including Russia, that can be trusted. The key is to understand the potential bias of these sources. In a story, for example, involving Russia and China, go to a reliable Russian source like TASS-Itar, and a reliable Chinese source like Xinhua, and compare their approaches. Each will emphasize their government's position, and the truth can be discerned through analysis.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

McCarthyites would be the leftists of today. Both yelling, the sky is falling!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Do you seriously trust the American Media to tell you the truth?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I see no mention of American media in the post you replied to, or of trusting it.

Weird.

edit on 4/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe you'll find it weird that I don't trust ours or the Russia media to educate me to truths. Each has it's own agenda. Weird huh?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Maybe you'll find it weird that I don't trust ours or the Russia media to educate me to truths.

No.
But it is weird that you specified American media when the post you replied to made it quite clear that "trust" had little to do with the source of information but with the application of critical thinking skills.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The American media machine is far above others in it's skill to persuade or propagandize. I thought that might be clear to you in my post. Or are ideas and statements something weird to you here?
edit on 21-4-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join