It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ IG Report on McCabe Released

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Kinky.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: IAMTAT

#BREAKING DOJ Inspector General releases report on fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
-he lied to IG, lied to Comey and reprimanded two FBI executives for leaks he had authorized Special Counsel to disclose to the Wall Street Journal.
Wow!
More to come

twitter.com...

So the turd wrote people up for actions he, himself, performed?

Spit.

It's called covering your own ass.

It's called covering your own ass.

At the expense of people that he knew were innocent.
That's an A-hole.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: theantediluvian

I noticed that a moderator has posted on this thread numerous times and also posted on a thread on the same topic posted several minutes after this thread was made. Posted here first, then there then back here again. I wonder why that second thread has not yet been closed as roughly an hour has past since the original postings.

ATS rules allow for 2 threads on the same subject, one in Breaking news and another in a separate forum that matches the subject.... iirc.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So I will ask you bluntly.

If Comey thought McCabe leaks that he lied about were enough to get him off the Hillary investigation, why not the trump investigation?

Why did Comey even recently praise McCabe for that matter?

Why did Comey not think that this guy who he knew leaked may have been the source of all of the leaks about the trump investigation?

Lest be honest, Comey and the fbi were mad because mccabes leak hurt Hillary.

So they took action.

But when it came to hurting trump, they were all for letting a known liar and leaker still he high up in that investigation.

An lo and behold, we saw leak after leak to make trump look bad.

So as much as you may try to spin this as Comey being a professional doing the right thing, to me it looks like just more proof that he wanted to protect Hillary and go after trump.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I noticed that a moderator has posted on this thread numerous times and also posted on a thread on the same topic posted several minutes after this thread was made. Posted here first, then there then back here again. I wonder why that second thread has not yet been closed as roughly an hour has past since the original postings.

Ummm...Oops...is that egg all over the face of your garden gnome...?

Silly rabbit...tricks are for hookers...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How convenient. Just as Comey releases his book.

How obvious can you get?

Where's the rest I wonder?

edit on 4132018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And here's the problem. What did McCabe lie about exactly? Apparently, he lied about authorizing the disclosure of information to WSJ. Okay. Was what was disclosed to Devlin Barrett true? Yes? Was it classified? No? What was the purpose of the disclosure?

He revealed that there was an investigation involving the Clinton Foundation and why did he do that? Clearly because he felt his public image was under attack.

The disclosure itself wasn't a crime as is noted in the report and not in of itself a violation of FBI code. The problem is he did it for personal reasons and not because it was in the interest of the public to know about the existence of the investigation.

Is that really Earth shattering? It's certainly not laudable but it's far from evidence of the sort of corruption that you implied in your initial post.

The point being that all lies are not equal but you want to hold that lying like McCabe did is evidence of unprecedented corruption at the highest levels. If you *really* believed that, then you'd feel that way about Trump.

But you don't. And not only do you not believe that Trump's epic lying makes him proportionally corrupt, but you dismiss his lying by saying other people have lied which basically undercuts your outrage over McCabe lying. After all, people lie?

Obama lied and those lies were individually very big deals. Trump lies are so numerous and frequent that it's impossible to make a big deal over even a fraction of them.

But as an asIDE, while we are discussing dropping bombs, remember, it’s your deep state pals that you have cheered for that are now pushIng war in Syria.

Look at how you let Trump skate YET AGAIN. He's the President and the CiC. The buck stops with him. Also, where do you draw the line with "deep state" vs Trump admin? Is Nikki Haley "deep state?" She blames not only Assad but Russia for the gas attack. How about Sarah Huckabee Sanders? Is she "deep state?" She was just on TV beating the war drum.

I'm just curious. Was Obama a victim of the deep state too? Or is the deep state just a prop for Trump apologetics?

FTR, I think the US should immediately withdraw from Syria. It's unwinnable because we'll never be as committed to overturning the Assad regime as the Russians and Iranians are to keeping him in power (and also, Turkey to killing Kurds). There's also no end game.

The pint is I am far more conservative ncerned with the intel agencies being corrupt and lying to help influence elections and other such things than I am trump lying about crowd size or who he has sex with

Now you're implying that McCabe did something to corrupt influence the outcome of the election. What exactly was that? You do realize that what McCabe lied about was revealing to the WSJ that the Clinton Foundation was under investigation right? Could you give me an example of something the FBI did to hurt Donald Trump's chances of getting elected?

Did they announce that there was an investigation into associates of Donald Trump and members of his campaign? If the FBI was looking to tank Trump, there was plenty that could have been leaked that most likely would have made the difference and you know it.

Also, why pretend that the only things Trump lies about are crowd size and sex?

At any rate, McCabe lied about leaking to the WSJ that the Clinton Foundation was under investigation. That's what the IG report found. It'll be interesting to see if Trump supporters give future IG reports the same level of trust they'll give this one.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Sorry that tattling and damage control attempt didn't work out for ya. Kind of the same thing as McCabe giving innocent agents hell for his own obfuscated leaks dont'cha think?

edit on 13-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He was railroaded.
Meanwhile president flexes his pardon muscles for everyone to see.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Does it not bother you that he apparently told other agents to provide the leak, then told Comey no he didnt, then went and disciplined the agents he told to leak for leaking, then on 4 occassion two while under oath said he didnt do it and the reasons for the leak were only to make himself look better in the firstplace ?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

He has shown proof that he is untrustworthy.
That's who show lead a very high level investigation?

Again standards. McCabe lied to his superior and to the DOJ investigators about having disclosed to Devlin Barrett @ WSJ that the Clinton Foundation was under investigation.

Side Note: I suppose Hillary Clinton should be pissed or nah?

Disclosing the info to make himself look better was clearly wrong. Lying about it to cover up the fact was also *obviously* wrong. But is it something that calls into question every investigation the man has ever participated in? I don't think so.

And my point in bringing up Trump to Grambler was that imagine you held everyone to the same standards. One lie, no matter what the lie makes everything that person has ever done suspect? It's not a standard that the same people decrying the corruption of McCabe hold any number of powerful people to. It's intentionally unreasonable because people want to make it somehow exculpatory of Trump's associates who have found themselves in legal trouble. As though it should be grounds to toss out the FBI's investigations or even to call into question the validity of them being opened in the first place.

In reality, one doesn't have much to do with the other so the only way that this can be used to score points for Trump is to declare it proof that McCabe is somehow super corrupt and therefore the FBI leadership is unbelievably corrupt and therefore all investigations done by the FBI were improper, fire Mueller, pardon everyone, #TrumpTrain!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Threads in Breaking News are exempt from duplication in other forums.

OH, thank you .

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I doubt it

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Clearly it's wrong. But is the worse corruption I've read about today? Not even close. I can think of 10 examples of corruption from the last week that aren't only far more egregious but have serious implications.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes, I know now. Thank you

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Nope, just ignorance. Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Sorry but that kind of comparison is way far above my pay grade and job title. Interesting how a simple question is tatamount to '' tattling for you.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Trump is under oath to the constitution . Every hour of every day.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I have serious doubts about our country when the government can't even put out a report without it being riddled with typos and missing spaces. That thing is painful to read.

"I love the uneducated!"

It's showing.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Obviously you've already chosen what you believe and what you dont.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join