It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ IG Report on McCabe Released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How about the guy who signs every bill passed by Congress into law? The guy who can launch tomahawk missiles because he feels like it? The guy who is in charge of foreign and domestic policy? They guy who can pardon his friends.

Or how about the fact that Trump just pardoned the guy who outed a CIA agent to the media for telling the truth about a lie used to manufacture consent for a war?

Perspective.

Write a thread about it then. Its not on topic here.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: Grambler

Funny how you apply those standards of honesty.

The people who can kick in your door, shoot your dog, drop a flashbang grenade in your baby's crib, bankrupt you, put you in prison, make you an unemployable felon, make your whole family lay in the snow in a prone position, etc, etc, etc...damned well better be as pure as the driven snow. Or We The People have no use for them.

Brilliantly put!

I have said all along, if trump colluded with Russians to cheat the election, get rid of him and lock him up.

But if the most powerful intelligence agencies in the world are corrupt or are trying to influence elections, that is a problem of a far greater magnitude by a lot than trump working with Russians.

And bit by bit, we see that these people with the power to spy on us and turn our lives inside out at a moments notice without us even being aware are corrupt.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You didn't know that there are bad cops?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A big difference in the "lies" is that Trump, a politician who all tell lies" and McCabe and his lies is that Trump has yet to lie under oath when desperate Andy did lie under oath

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
twitter.com...
Special Agent Andrew McCabe stood tall over the last 8 months, when small people were trying to tear down an institution we all depend on. He served with distinction for two decades. I wish Andy well. I also wish continued strength for the rest of the FBI. America needs you.

Oops
Bet he wants that one back....

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

How about the guy who signs every bill passed by Congress into law? The guy who can launch tomahawk missiles because he feels like it? The guy who is in charge of foreign and domestic policy? They guy who can pardon his friends.

Or how about the fact that Trump just pardoned the guy who outed a CIA agent to the media for telling the truth about a lie used to manufacture consent for a war?

Perspective.

Yes trump is a liar.

So was Obama but I don’t remember you writing about how obama the liar had missles he could launch.

But as an asIDE, while we are discussing dropping bombs, remember, it’s your deep state pals that you have cheered for that are now pushIng war in Syria.

Bush Schumer Clinton Kennedy Nixon Ryan sanders warren and on and on and on. Name one that hasn’t lied.

The point is I am far more concernee with the intel agencies being corrupt and lying to help influence elections and other such things than I am trump lying about crowd size or who he has sex with

edit on 13-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For those wanting the summary from the PDF -

We found that , in a conversation with then- Director Comey shortly after the WSJ article was published, McCabe lacked candor when he told Comey , or made statements that led Comey to believe, that McCabe had not autho rized th e disclosure and did not know who did. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.5 (Lack of Candor – No Oath).

We also found that on May 9, 2017 , when questioned under oath by FBI agents from INSD, McCabe lacked candor when he told the agents that he had not authorized the disclosure to the WSJ and did not know who did. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath ).

We further found that on July 28, 201 7, when questioned under oath by the OIG in a recorded interview, McCabe lacked candor when he stated: (a) that he was not aware of Special Counsel having be en authorized to speak to reporters around October 30 and (b) that , because he was not in Washington, D.C., on October 27 and 28, 2016, he was unable to say where Speci al Counsel was or what she was doing at that time. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath ).

We additionally found that on November 29, 2017, when questioned under oath by the OIG in a recorded interview during which he contradicted his prior statements by acknowledging that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ , McCabe lac ked candor when he: (a) stated that he told Comey on October 31 , 2016, that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ; (b) denied telling INSD agents on May 9 that he had not authorized the disclosure to the WSJ about the PADAG call ; and (c) asserted that INSD’s questioning of him on May 9 about the October 30 WSJ article occurred at the end of an unrelated meeting when one of the INSD agents pulled him aside and asked him one or two questions about the article. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 ( Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

Lastly, we determined that as Deputy Director, McCabe was authorized to disclose the existence of the CF Investigati on publicly if such a disclosure fell within the “public interest” exception in applicable FBI and DOJ policies generally prohibiting such a disclosure of an ongoing investigation. However, we concluded that McCabe’s decision to confirm the existence of t he CF Investigation through an anonymously sourced quote, recounting the content of a phone call with a senior Department official in a manner designed to advance his personal interests at the expense of Department leadership, was clearly not within the public interest exception. We therefore concluded that McCabe’s disclosure of the existence of an ongoing investigation in this manner violated the FBI’s and the Department’s media policy and constituted misconduct. The OIG is issuing this report to the FBI for such action as it deems appropriate.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You didn't know that there are bad cops?

I as my post history shows, I knew that just fine.

It’s just funny to see all of the trump haters that praised cops even when they offered no proof or were proven bad because they were out to get trump

You know, the people like the msm that said anyone who questioned the fbi was unamerican

The same people that offered McCabe jobs and money

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Lmao. Apparently it's about me?

What was the content of the post that I was responding to? Let me remind you since you've decided to call me out.

Remember all of those Dems lamenting his firing offering him money and jobs? But remember anyone critical of anyone in the fbi is anti law enforcement and hurting our country! Just ask the msm.

And funny McCabe was not recused from the trump investigation despite his wifes connections to the Clintons, even to the surprise of trump hateing agent struck

But I am sure everything was on the up and up in that case!

What a joke!

People are more concerned with adultery than corruption at the highest levels of the fbi.

I'm not the one who brought Trump into this or politics. Am I? Nor am I the one who implied that McCabe lying to cover his ass for disclosing info to WSJ to make himself look good indicated malfeasance in the investigation of Trump's associates. And I sure as hell didn't put anything in the OP like this:

"People are more concerned with adultery than corruption at the highest levels of the fbi"

Nothing against Grambler or what he posted — this is a heavily politicized matter CLEARLY. But I responded to what was posted and in the same vein. Your post is literally the least on topic, least appropriate post in this thread thus far.

Also, FTR, it wasn't an ad hominem, the hypocrisy I was referring to was Trump tweeting about McCabe lying. Of course, I'm sure you're going to admonish me for bringing that up too as it's not germane to the IG report.

edit on 2018-4-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: IAMTAT

#BREAKING DOJ Inspector General releases report on fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
-he lied to IG, lied to Comey and reprimanded two FBI executives for leaks he had authorized Special Counsel to disclose to the Wall Street Journal.
Wow!
More to come

twitter.com...

So the turd wrote people up for actions he, himself, performed?

Spit.

edit on 13-4-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

It's called covering your own ass.

It's called covering your own ass.
edit on 13-4-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
McCabe vs Comey - From a footnote

In a letter submitted by McCabe’s counsel after reviewing a draft of this report, McCabe argues that “the OIG should credit Mr. McCabe’s account over Director Comey’s” and complains that the report “paints Director Comey as a white knight carefully guarding FBI information, while overlooking that Mr. McCabe’s account is more credible for at least three key reasons. . . .” The first reason cited by McCabe as to why he should be believed over Comey is because he claims to have a “concrete recollection” of the conversation between the two of them on October 31, while he argues Comey does not.

It is noteworthy that McCabe did not articulate such a “concrete recollection” during any of four prior interviews...

In his submission, McCabe presented no evidence to corroborate his version of events. Instead, McCabe focuses entirely on attacking the credibility of Comey’s recollection. We found his “concrete recollection” argument without merit. The second reason cited by McCabe as to why he should be believed over Comey is because Comey was distracted at the time because of his need on October 31 to deal with the Weiner laptop and Clinton E-mail Investigation issues...

Finally, McCabe argues that Comey “would have every incentive to distance himself from this disclosure” due to McCabe’s belief that the OIG is reviewing Comey’s disclosure of other information to the media. However, McCabe provides no factual basis for this claim and fails to address the corroborating circumstances described in the report that support Comey’s recollection. In the absence of any evidence supporting McCabe’s claim, we do not credit it.

Pretty sure McCabe will have much more to say about "Queasy" Jim Comey in court.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Instead of debating over which apple is more rotten, maybe it's time to burn the orchard to the ground and start over.

We've clearly been on a downslide since at least Nixon and it seems like the slope just keeps getting steeper.

So how do we correct the course?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think the saddest part of this is that we have legal definitions for different degrees of dishonesty.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

"Let's kill the lawyers."

(note that is quote is often used out of context but in this case, it isn't)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

My computer provides 255 shades of grey.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Instead of debating over which apple is more rotten, maybe it's time to burn the orchard to the ground and start over.

We've clearly been on a downslide since at least Nixon and it seems like the slope just keeps getting steeper.

So how do we correct the course?

For starters, you have to make sure that the people charged with investigations are not corrupt.

If they are, as we are seeing, then how can you believe when they say the people they are investigating are guilty or innocent

The intel community is unelected, has too much power, is choosing to act out of personal gain, is picking political sides, and has the power to violate our rights without us even know ing.

The main stream media, that could serve to help solve this by reporting on it, instead not only ignores it or cheers it on, but attacks anyone who dares to question the intel community.

Until we have enough public outrage to demand accountability and changes, nothing can be done. Clearly the msm will not be of help, but alternative media is perhaps a chance.

And now we see pushes from the very msm and backers of the intel community to censor that alt media.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

He has shown proof that he is untrustworthy.
That's who show lead a very high level investigation?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I noticed that a moderator has posted on this thread numerous times and also posted on a thread on the same topic posted several minutes after this thread was made. Posted here first, then there then back here again. I wonder why that second thread has not yet been closed as roughly an hour has past since the original postings.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Threads in Breaking News are exempt from duplication in other forums.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I noticed that a moderator has posted on this thread numerous times and also posted on a thread on the same topic posted several minutes after this thread was made. Posted here first, then there then back here again. I wonder why that second thread has not yet been closed as roughly an hour has past since the original postings.

He must be a Russian bot!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join