It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways to calm tension in Syria-

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Basically then you suggest is what happens to the Syrian people is on them. Leave the current dictatorship to rule over them and if they somehow are attacked again its their fault for not being able to vote fairly in new leadership

How is this different from North Korea? ok there is no civil war there but from what I heard life isn't so peachy over there either, talking about dictatorship, yet no one wanted to bomb them until they became a possible nuclear problem. And North Koreans can't even leave their country...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It's strategically important though. Russia seeks to control energy supply to Europe. This would weaken both Europe and US in the long term. Just the price of withdrawal.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: szino9

Are the (alleged) attacks on the people there to be ignored then?

Fixed that for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

But they are saying there is possible proof Assad is not doing fine by his people.
So your behavior and thinking is delusional...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

There has been NO absolutely NO evidence that it was Assad that did the chemical attacks.

You sure

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

But they are saying there is possible proof Assad is not doing fine by his people.

There is a long list of leaders that fit this criteria.

So ask yourself why we're only concerned with one right now. I think that is the most important question.

Because if we're talking about morality here, and the world demands change.... It should across the board.

But that would beg the question are we truly promoting freedom when we make decisions for other countries.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So ask yourself why we're only concerned with one right now. I think that is the most important question.

I think the effort is actually ongoing but the chemical attacks upset most which adjusts priority.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

There has been NO absolutely NO evidence that it was Assad that did the chemical attacks.

You sure

Ok show it? Please..... Show me the evidence.

So far all I see is the opinion and word of politicians which I don't trust as far as my cat can vomit.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I think the effort is actually ongoing but the ALLEGED chemical attacks upset most which adjusts priority.

Fixed for you....

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I think the effort is actually ongoing but the chemical attacks upset most which adjusts priority.

While I admire the reason for which you see things this way, it puts an awful lot of trust in the western powers... Something they've abused in the recent decades.

Did we improve lives in Iraq, Libya, Sudan and Yemen?

To think we could with Syria is viewing the situation through rose colored glasses IMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Valid points CriticalStinker, guess I am just an optimist with compassion for the entire species of mankind. Yes things have got muddy at times as far as transparency with Iraq, Libya, Sudan and Yemen.
Saddam was a dictator who also abused his people and chemical attacked innocent humans.

The Halabja chemical attack (Kurdish: Kîmyabarana Helebce کیمیابارانی ھەڵەبجە), also known as the Halabja Massacre or Bloody Friday,[1] was a massacre against the Kurdish people that took place on March 16, 1988, during the closing days of the Iran–Iraq War in the Kurdish city of Halabja in Iraq. The attack was part of the Al-Anfal Campaign in northern Iraq, as well as part of the Iraqi attempt to repel the Iranian Operation Zafar 7. It took place 48 hours after the fall of the town to the Iranian army.
The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians.[1][2] Preliminary results from surveys of the affected region showed an increased rate of cancer incidence and birth defects in the years after the attack.[3] The incident, which has been officially defined by Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal as a genocidal massacre against the Kurdish people in Iraq,[4] was and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history.[5]

So yes the response or mirror to his negative projected energy made sense.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think the only solution is we pull out of Syria. Let them deal with their country on their own. Imagine if your government committed some heinous false flag and then numerous countries just show up dropping bombs on neighborhoods. What would you think of that country?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Depends if it was real or fake.
That looks real what happened in Syria...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Valid points CriticalStinker, guess I am just an optimist with compassion for the entire species of mankind.

Than I'd advise you not to root for us intervention.

Saddam was a dictator who also abused his people and chemical attacked innocent humans.

He absolutely was, especially if you criticized him.

But they had an infrastructure, function schools, hospitals and even pretty broad access to the internet in the cities. From all appearances other than politically they weren't a 3rd world country.

Now it's a scarred bullet laced ruin of a country that used to be. And I'm just using that as one example.

Wanting good for humanity and saying the US needs to have a role in it outside of our own country (hell maybe even in ours) is a contradiction.

So let me ask, where have we helped recently?

We even quagmired a humanitarian effort in Haiti, billions of dollars and no running water or permanent shelter. That wasn't even a military operation.

So where have we improved quality of life with our military in the past twenty years?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

So your behavior and thinking is delusional...

You believing what you hear from the media and the UN is what's delusional.
edit on 12-4-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Would you personally have voted for or elected Saddam if you lived there because of the great things you mention of he

Regardless of his behaviors?
edit on 4/12/18 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Syria has been a basket-case for decades. Ruled by brutal dictators and now controlled by Iran and Russia. Not a great deal of hope that the average Syrian will have a good life even if the violence and the civil war can be resolved.

The only hope for Syria is for Assad to go and for a period of stability to be imposed. Then elections and a huge rebuilding effort. Russia won't like that and Iran hates elections.

Regime change bringing stability, which will be imposed? Imposed by who? The good ol US...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

No, the United Nations...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Don't forget their #in lap dog Britain! #ed up your country too 106 yrs ago and murdered loads of your people. #in hate my own country now I'm aware of what it's done to Planet earth......................... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Would you personally have voted for or elected Saddam if you lived there because of the great things you mention of he

Regardless of his behaviors?

Absolutely not, but you're missing my point.

Look at life there now. His popularity is higher than ever because of our mistakes. What do you think that's going to do for the future of their country when we created such a disdain for "democracy" that we made tyranny look appealing because at least they had functioning infrastructure?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join