It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting from just outside DC on the eve of WWIII

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: Xcathdra

You are so full of crap....

Maybe get your facts right before looking like a clueless ass.

Syria repositions air assets as Trump hints at war

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - As U.S. President Donald Trump and his allies ramped up threats of military action against Syria this week, Syria’s military has repositioned some air assets to avoid fallout from possible missile strikes, U.S. officials told Reuters on Wednesday.

The officials declined to comment further and it was not clear whether the Syrian actions would affect U.S. military planning for potential action against Syria over a suspected poison gas attack.

But Syria’s attempt to shelter aircraft, perhaps by locating them alongside Russian military hardware that Washington might be reluctant to strike, could limit damage that the United States and its allies might be able to inflict on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s military.

A similar assessment regarding Syria’s actions was delivered by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based war monitor, which said pro-Syrian government forces were emptying main airports and military air bases.

* - Syrian military transfer to Russian bases amid concern over US strike, reports

The Syrian military is said to be evacuating its bases near the Lebanon border and transporting its personnel to Russian army sites amid growing concern over an imminent US strike, an expected reprisal for the alleged chemical attack carried out by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Saturday.

Reports in a French newspaper Le Figaro stated that Assad put his forces “on alert” for the next three days as the regime army began on Monday, to evacuate its major air bases thought to be possible targets for a US attack.

“According to a UN source, Syrian military planes were also transferred to the Russian Khmeimim air base, near Latakia, on the Mediterranean coast, in Assad’s stronghold,” Le Figaro wrote.

Anything else I can prove you wrong on?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

To be honest.... The US wouldent stand a chanse against russia in the meds....

Something the US also figured out today to. The US are backing down.

Russia are not backing down at all and that should tell you something.....

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It is the way you Word it. It is common sense for Syria to try and protect their assets.

If this would create a security problem for russia, Syria would not be allowed to.

Russia also moved their assets arround to protect key locations in Syria from being targeted by a US attack. Russia did this to reduce the targets US can attack.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

No - I was clear and direct in my post as was the info in the article I cited. My belief is you had no idea Syria was doing this and before researching it you just decided to attack and call me a liar.

So you can save the excuse. It wont change the intent of your response to me.

Next time take the time to research before falling back to the immediate "your a liar" line that is used all to often on this site by people who cant be bothered to do research.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

(post by Kurokage removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh yeah. Two countries are going to utilize their first and second strike capabilities over one gas attack in Syria. Nevermind that it didn't turn into ww3 with the last attack and the same players at the table. Nevermind that we were closer in the 60's. Its certainly the apocalypse. Every just stop what you're doing and give up.
edit on 12-4-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Pretty sure this website is 50% fear mongering.

Come on guys..

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

To be honest.... The US wouldent stand a chanse against russia in the meds....

Something the US also figured out today to. The US are backing down.

Russia are not backing down at all and that should tell you something.....

Russian tin cans in the meds don't stand a chance, they are isolated and surrounded with no escape or backup.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I guess that is what it looks like 😆😆

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

I guess that is what it looks like 😆😆

It would be a draw. they have each other zeroed in by now.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This is how America is going to back down, it is just a simple piece of footwork, saying the American constitution wont allow it

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah they probably have. I think the sailors in the US fleet whished they had russian missiles right now....

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Yeah they probably have. I think the sailors in the US fleet whished they had russian missiles right now....

Well the CIWS and SEArams will handle most missiles fine. 90 percentile against sunburns and skimmers. Im just saying both sides will be smoking wrecks no matter if th erussians have better missiles,prolly due to torpedoes by subs hiding under the formations.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't think that any ICBM will leave their silos and if they do they never hit target or even come close.

You see there's a third party closely watching us...😎

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Civilian airlines have begun rerouting their flights to avoid Syrian airspace after an EASA advisory.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Civilian airlines have begun rerouting their flights to avoid Syrian airspace after an EASA advisory.

So what do you yhink of all this Xcathdral? Do you think all this is justified?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

To reroute civilian aircraft most definitely. We see in the past what happens when Russia try air defenses in conflicts they shoot down civilian aircraft. After Ukraine I'd say better to play it safe then sorry.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

To be honest I am not sure what to think.

Russia and Syria started out denying this ever occurred.
China steps in and says the west needs to hear Syria's side of the story before we act.
Russia stops a UN resolution calling for an investigation because they wanted it limited in that the investigation could not determine blame. Russia wanted the investigation and the UNSC to assign blame.
Russias position was odd because they claimed no attack ever occurred.
Russia then says that another group used chemical weapons and the Syrian government was being framed for it.

Evidence provided by France -
Chlorine gas attack
Syrian government to blame because the chlorine barrels were dropped from Syrian government helicopters.
Blood samples taken from some of the victim shows positive signs of Chlorine gas reactions.

To me Russias constantly shifting position tells me an attack occurred and the Syrian government is most likely the suspect.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

the Russian navy has never been a match for the US navy even during the soviet days, we outnumber Russia in the med, have better ships, have more aircraft, better logistics and we also have allied naval forces in the region.

your assertion is delusional and ignores reality, the US navy is not backing down like you claim. where do you even get such nonsense?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join