It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, Facebook violated my privacy!!! WAAAAAH.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You're attempting to argue that I do not feel the corporation is guilty of breaking the law.

You could not be more wrong.

You're also attempting to insinuate that I am not aware of such potential eaves dropping.

However, as a savy individual, even in your above mentioned audio eaves dropping scenario.....

I am still in control. If I have something THAT sensitive that I wish to discuss with someone, find a place to put all cell phones, and move outside of hearing distance. You're going to attempt to point out flaws in this, good for you. IF you think I'm not going to be aware of other methods that might be necessary....

My rant is about the victim mentality. And, of course, the dumbassery.

(post by FHomerK removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I understand, but unless you also control every individual who has your contact information, you don't control jack snip. All it takes is one idiot friend to text you something you don't want known and it's logged. Also, from a practical standpoint, why even go all the way to the extreme end of "things I don't want Facebook to know" when we can discuss a simple truth without ever having to delve into anything embarrassing or illegal in your life... the right of privacy. This is a concept which should, by all accounts, be behavior based yet this Facebook case is proving that it is utterly detached from your own decisions and behaviors. Simply conducting business, communicating, living in the modern world has opened the door for privacy to be no longer even remotely existent, let alone be considered a protected right.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Wow, you just cannot even begin to hear someone else's point of view.

And you STILL have not caught on to the idea that yes, it IS wrong of corporations to do this. That they should be held legally responsible.

Instead, you're guilty of scope-creep by veering off of what I was ranting about.

Sorry bub. Not moving forward on this with you. Really, I am not.

Especially as my wife is an excellent judge of character.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Folks, I've had it.

Do you own Facebook? Do you voluntarily give your information to Facebook? Do you genuinely believe that your personal information is actually safe anywhere on the Internet?

Sorry kids.... you're living in a fantasy world.

I am just REALLY sick of hearing about this. Don't like it? Limit what personal information you voluntarily make available
online. Don't like it? Well, which do you like better..... a super cool "social media tool", or your privacy?

Idiots.

Fundamentally, I agree. I don't think most people actually care about their privacy or the internet probably wouldn't even exist. I'd guess that 60% of the people who use the internet have no idea how vulnerable they actually are online. Another 30% of them probably don't even care. Or they won't care until it costs them big time. If their luck holds out, they'll never care.

It certainly never hurts to raise awareness though. If more people care than did last year or five years ago or ten years ago, that's a win.

(post by Mandroid7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Folks, I've had it.

Do you own Facebook? Do you voluntarily give your information to Facebook? Do you genuinely believe that your personal information is actually safe anywhere on the Internet?

Sorry kids.... you're living in a fantasy world.

I am just REALLY sick of hearing about this. Don't like it? Limit what personal information you voluntarily make available
online. Don't like it? Well, which do you like better..... a super cool "social media tool", or your privacy?

Idiots.

Lol ya it's like suddenly everyone realized how the internet works this year. I swear to God the amount of stupid nonsense i've read about the internet, AI, fake news on the internet, revelations about an entire lack of privacy if you post all your.personal # on the internet, a complete lack of understanding about the purpose of the internet and the list goes on.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You make me wish we had a "Fist-pump, BRO" emoticon!!!!!

Do people HONESTLY think their fancy little Amazon and Google listening devices ARE NOT phoning home with all the conversation that doesn't apply to their original purposes?

P.T. Barnum said it best.... "There's a sucker born every minute."

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Quit acting like an arrogant pos.

Acting? ACTING???????

Friend, look at my posts. I *AM* a self avowed arrogant, pious, insufferable P.O.S.

Sorry, stupid begets stupid. And I am ALL in favor of a Gattaca / Eugenics program.

My next rant? Need a license to own a gun. Need a Doctor to write you a prescription. Need to wear a helmet. Need to stop putting forks into toasters and light sockets.

But is there ANY oversight on the stupid bringing more crying water-headed little bundles of stupidity into the world? NO.
I have noticed a decline in my FB feed in recent days. Maybe FB is losing users?
On another note: maybe you and your wife need to lay off the sauce tonight?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

My eugenics program would result in the offspring fitting into three succinct categories......

Thinker / Intelligentsia (Moi)

Workers

And finally, and most importantly....

The Sports Model (think, adult playtime fun!!!!
)

(post by FHomerK removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So Facebook knows who I am? What do they know that I did not give them? Are you afraid that advertisers will "target" you? I gotta tell ya, I don't need ads on tampons. I'd rather have ads on Corvettes. And I'm not sure that you can make the case that Facebook "broke the law" by selling that information. First world problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

:: Bro-Fist-Bump ::

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Facebook is doing all kinds of bad stuff that they havn't disclosed.

They are tracking everyone across all other websites with a FB link on their page, on top of the microphone activation, and probably camera too.

All that chode did was push the responsibility off on "those evil third party apps"
They need nailed to the wall along with every other tech company doing business this way.

Facebook has become a standard tool for communication now.

Damages are owed to every user.

On your attitude issues/bad sense of humor:

Being proud of being a troll is self destructive for your mental health, it's projecting your own lack of self esteem onto others. It will run any friends you may have far away, so you may want to take a look at that behavior.
But, do as you want, it's not really a concern of mine at this point.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

So, you're okay with Facebook tracking/data mining all your calls and text messages??

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Facebook has become a standard tool for communication now.

Damages are owed to every user.

I was involved in the FB class action suit a few years back (the one where they used members photos for ads) All I got was a measly "mini" check for $15 that I could not cash anywhere cause it was for deposit only. I do not or ever will have a bank account again, never.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just like there was once a time that folk that did not own computers or were not connected to the internet, thought they were safe and unidentifiable, which is no longer true.

It is easier to identify the one house in the neighborhood without lights than the thousands that have lights.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

This is EXACTLY how they want you to feel. You are a perfect wet dream to our Social Engineers.

They have slowly over time taken more and more privacy away. At first, they were hiding the fact that they were using our data at all. Remember? Remember the big deal the first time Facebook got caught making changes to our accounts and privacy issues, on the down low? It was a big deal for a while, and everyone was legitimately up in arms about the sneaky way they went about it. You had to go into specific sections of your account and turn off certain things, otherwise your info was all over the place.

They've done it so much that we all just take it and we think there's nothing wrong with it. Oh, EVERYONE online is using our data, you say?

WHY are you ok with that? Why are we ok with that? Our lazy society is going to wake up one day and realize that we are SCREWED and we are going to look back and say "Why the hell didn't we take a stand against crap when we could?"

Same with Facebook's censorship. Liberals are thrilled with it now. They have no problem with conservatives or Trump supporters or Jesus lovers getting silenced and banned and pushed down in the search results. But when it starts happening to them, AND IT WILL, they will whine and cry even more than they do now about every little thing they perceive as a threat or insult.

I'm sick of attitudes similar to the one displayed in your rant. Think ahead, take the trend to its logical conclusion. If you're honest, you'll admit it's not good. When have we EVER been able to trust the elites and people in positions of incredible power to reign themselves in? Never.

Wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join