It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Zuckerberg faces the U.S. Senate Live at 2:15pm EST April 10 2018

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Well done Ted Cruz!

He was a jerk. You can tell he's got blinders on and was just throwing baseless accusations and questions out there.

What an idiot...and to think he was in second place behind Trump.. Reagan is turning over in his grave.

Mark, is that you?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Well done Ted Cruz!

He was a jerk. You can tell he's got blinders on and was just throwing baseless accusations and questions out there.

What an idiot...and to think he was in second place behind Trump.. Reagan is turning over in his grave.

Mark, is that you?

Bill? Sergey? I thought you guys had my back?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I... don't understand.

Are people really so naive that they thought their data was private on Facebook?

Yes.

What's worse is they know FB is worth billions but no idea how.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They really are not touching on a fraction of how Facebook uses your data.

A large percentage of web sites these days automatically check if the user is also logged into Facebook. Then they combine this data with the pages visited on the web site in many ways that we probably are not even aware of. Facebook knows where you are at all times if you are logged in on your phone. The amount of ways your Facebook data is used is endless.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

"log in using Facebook"

Pretty scary IMO. Like an Internet drivers licence of sorts.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: BlueAjah

"log in using Facebook"

Pretty scary IMO. Like an Internet drivers licence of sorts.

I do that ...and really don't care
I mean all the crap I've been through in my life, being in the service, over seas, and facebook is gonna be my, "Final Destination", is an American horror franchise ....so be it

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecomehome

...until you do care.

That's the issue at hand here

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

...until you do care.

That's the issue at hand here

What me worry ?? Life is too short. If your good and honest ..you might just scoot on by. Or you might get hit at a stop light from someone texting their honey

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Booster seat? Or wireless charging pod?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If your good and honest...

If you're good and honest, you should not be taken advantage of by those who are not... even if you don't care.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I can smell him burning from here.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Hahahaha ..that's gold

How many of you wondered this: Damn I have billions of dollars ...and I have to put up with this crap?? I mean how many of you folks said, I quit !! Who needs this crap!! Take my money and run

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Booster seat? Or wireless charging pod?

you may have misspelled "prod" 😮

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I can only imagine how enlightening this is going to be for us all.....

Suckerberg: Come on! What's your shtoyle??

Humans: Wtf?

Suckerberg: Hahahahah. You cannot block m...

Humans: Ctrl + alt + delete

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
They really are not touching on a fraction of how Facebook uses your data.

A large percentage of web sites these days automatically check if the user is also logged into Facebook. Then they combine this data with the pages visited on the web site in many ways that we probably are not even aware of. Facebook knows where you are at all times if you are logged in on your phone. The amount of ways your Facebook data is used is endless.

Not only that, even if you've never been on FB, they still create a shadow profile of you. At the sites that you visit that have a FB share option still send your data to FB. You don't even have to opt in to have your data collected and stored under your internet profile they've created for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The only "smart" thing Zuckerberg has done was steal the FB idea from the group mates that came up with the idea.

Well, he has one of the most successful companies on the planet so he's apparently smarter than most people.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The only "smart" thing Zuckerberg has done was steal the FB idea from the group mates that came up with the idea.

Well, he has one of the most successful companies on the planet so he's apparently smarter than most people.

You nailed it....he did not steal anything ...and was smarter than he even knew (we've all been there-good or bad) he just went with it...now he has billions of $$$$ ..and folks working for him....he could just say screw this...and pass it on to another partner ...but he has not done this. So in my small brain ...right there I think he is cool

Think ...

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Bottom line ..who is at most risk on facebook,,,

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I'm hoping for the giant pic with Z and the sealed up microphones followed up by the question why he did that. Yeah not gonna happen but you have to admit it sounds awesome.

Unfortunately Z will weasel himelf out of this and pretend he values your privacy. [spoiler]He doesn't.[/spoiler] Regulate or kill Facebook. It's the only way to be sure.
You picked the same word I did when I saw part of the testimony. Smug also comes to mind. I did enjoy Ted Cruz grilling him. Even Ben Nelson asked some hard questions. Z clearly things he's above any come uppance here. One thing I really took away from the testimony is Z's concept of how FB is responsible for controlling content, and it's clear that he knows it's full of biased censors but he's pretending it's all for the good or he thinks it's the common good any way.
edit on 11-4-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join