It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Zuckerberg faces the U.S. Senate Live at 2:15pm EST April 10 2018

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"Is Facebook too powerful?"
edit on 4.10.2018 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Say "AI" one more time, geez.

Put all the trust in the artificial, smh.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

I'll never understand that. If anyone would look at the world without emotion, what would be the one thing you could do to reduce the ailment of the world? Human eradication obviously, best case scenario is drastic reduction.
edit on 4/10/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I watched for awhile ...it was like turning on your dryer to wrinkle guard over and over again ..cause your to lazy to get your cloths out and fold them ....

I do facebook ...but ...I remember the good old days on connecting

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If people are worried about their data and Facebook, then stop using Facebook.

It's not news that Facebook, Google and the rest use your data. Why are people so shocked?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: xuenchen
Cruz should have asked about Diamond and Silk

‘Unsafe to the community’: Facebook takes on pro-Trump Diamond and Silk

Being a non news watcher.. please indulge me. "Who is Diamond and Silk?"

Uh What?

🤦

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I... don't understand.

Are people really so naive that they thought their data was private on Facebook?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OK

How many times has Zuck said the word "Senator" today ?

😀😀

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Uh What?

Hahahaa...

🤦

They are on Fox news a lot !!!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I... don't understand.

Are people really so naive that they thought their data was private on Facebook?

"People" are not the ones complaining.

😎

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecomehome

I love Diamond and Silk

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good point!

I should change that to... is Congress so naive that they think Facebook is private?

Better question is - How does Congress think that Facebook will survive if they make it a law that they need to keep the data private without specific opt-ins? Notice Zuckerberg refused to give a straight answer when he was asked if there should be a law about this.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I love Diamond and Silk

I do too
They are funny and smart as all get out!! They are playing to their followers ...and facebook gave them grief..for speaking their minds.

I saw them on the Laura Ingraham show on fox last night ...(Laura Ingraham also has been hit by the far left ...pulled advertisers etc... for speaking her mind ..)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

THAT is the thing that Congress should be grilling Facebook about! Lack of privacy is a given. The more serious issue is how Facebook is being used to forward a specific agenda, and silencing those that do not go along with that agenda.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

THAT is the thing that Congress should be grilling Facebook about! Lack of privacy is a given. The more serious issue is how Facebook is being used to forward a specific agenda, and silencing those that do not go along with that agenda.

Exactly!!! I don't care if I get hit with golf ball ads or what-not... but, if I mention a certain political view (which I don't much except to piss off a few friends with the opposite view) I would expect equal billings. Which you won't get if you are to the "right" , IMHO

Yep, congress, should focus on if facebook is "rigged", to favor the left ...

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Is actually impressive the broad spectrum of detailed questions this lot of crusty old senators managed to put together between them.

Really, you have been impressed by this?

I find it embarrassing. It is very apparent 80% + of the senators questioning him don't even understand the problems facebook presents - or they are deliberately not questioning him about it.

Zuckerberg basically says he wants to censor data - he want his company to be the judge of what is hate speech without being able to define it.

He is essentially saying he wants to subvert the 1st amendment in a round about way, and the senators don't seem to mind.
Nor do they seem to care no other competitors have a realistic chance of competing with them to give people an alternative since all silicon valley companies seem to view non liberal thought as hate speech.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Uh What?

🤦

I was already told previously on this thread. I was just saying...as someone who doesn't watch the news I had no idea who diamond and silk where are. Still don't really but that's okay.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why has nobody brought up the fact that Facebook freely wanted to give all it's data to Obama in 2012, but not the republican competitor. That is the largest campaign contribution in history - and nobody is bringing that up.

How is that not 10,000,000 times worse than what Russia just did, if they get to choose which candidate gets to data mine their data?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Why has nobody brought up the fact that Facebook freely wanted to give all it's data to Obama in 2012, but not the republican competitor. That is the largest campaign contribution in history - and nobody is bringing that up.

How is that not 10,000,000 times worse than what Russia just did, if they get to choose which candidate gets to data mine their data?

Even bigger question...data breach is the worst of it, but how in Gods name can this be used to influence an election? Trump didn't win because of Candida Oblongata. Data analogota from Cambridge or whomever.

Trump won because he got the base riled up to vote. Hillary lost because she didn't excite the left wing base. the far left hated her and still hates her. LOL

And although I don't think facebook should be biased favoring liberals...because there's a huge split in the liberal political world....your either a hillry Clinton/Wasserman Schultz liberal or a real liberal. Which liberal does facebook favor?

edit on 10-4-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

He is essentially saying he wants to subvert the 1st amendment in a round about way, and the senators don't seem to mind

This is supposedly about user data privacy, not free speech.

The first amendment does not apply to facebook, unless it turns out they are government owned

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join