It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian airfield comes under missile attack, according to state media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok so if Israel is behind this attack what's the next move? I am guessing Iran won't be happy their assets were bombed and the US and France have yet to do anything...who is gonna be the next player to make a move?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
a reply to: Tempter

That looks like a intercepting missile, sorry, but I do not see a jet here.

You might be right.

In any case, what good sources are out there to keep up on the latest with this? Anyone want to throw something out there?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

Israel has hit Iranian hardware in Syria many times. Usually it's hardware they claim is going to Hamas, but I believe they've hit equipment that wasn't going to them once or twice. There are the usual statements, some fist shaking, then everything settles down until the next time.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

www.ynetnews.com...

Thats one of the Israeli main news agencies.

Also timesofisrael isn't bad.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Its usually hardware they claim is going to Hezbollah not Hamas *

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

twitter.com...

#Breaking Reports confirm that the explosions in the vicinity of the city of #Homs resulted from the bombing by #Tomahawk missiles belonging to the #USA military. #Syria #Russia #Iran #France

Lots of stuff being thrown out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
source

AIR strikes have hit a military airport in Syria killing 12 people, according to state media.

Saying 12 dead now and 30 wounded in the attack.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

My mistake. It's late and I've had a long day.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I understand. Im exhaustballs myself.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31

I understand. Im exhaustballs myself.

Long day here, too.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Moscow is reporting Israel reconnaissance aircraft were airborne near the Syrian border at the time of the attack.

tass.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Moscow is reporting Israel reconnaissance aircraft were airborne near the Syrian border at the time of the attack.

tass.com...

How else we going to learn anything? Russian reconnaissance aircraft?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

You don't put reconnaissance aircraft in the area of an attack if you don't know it's happening ahead of time. It's just a little more confirmation that it was Israeli forces.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

Israel has hit Iranian hardware in Syria many times. Usually it's hardware they claim is going to Hamas, but I believe they've hit equipment that wasn't going to them once or twice. There are the usual statements, some fist shaking, then everything settles down until the next time.

8 missile launched and 8 shot down...sounds like propaganda... I don't think ours or Israels will get shot down...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They said as many as 20 hit and 8 were shot down. Subsonic cruise missiles are extremely vulnerable, unless they're stealthy. Most aren't, which means there's a very real chance of them being shot down. One of the reasons we use so many Tomahawks when we use them, is because some will be shot down. Some will crash, some will miss, and some will be hit by ground fire.
edit on 4/9/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Sputnik
‏Verified account @SputnikInt
23m23 minutes ago

BREAKING: French Army denies striking Syrian airbase after accusations of #ChemicalWeapons' use sptnkne.ws...

The Spectator Index
‏ @spectatorindex
25m25 minutes ago

JUST IN: The French military says it did not conduct air strikes on Syrian air base, hours after US also denied responsibility.

edit on 9-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The missiles were fired from the mediterainian sea they flew over Libanon and into Syria.
The airspace over Linanon was patrolled by Israely spy drones. Probably to make sure the missiles had a clear airspace to travel through.

Israel were not physically a part of the attack they only helped out. This attack was a US missile attack.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Got a source for that? Everything I have seen suggests Israel. That includes Syrian government reporting.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

At the end of the day.....its nitetime,and we are all in the dark. Quoting a good band...."sad...but true".

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
RT just reported - Breaking news that Russian Ministry of Defense said that Israeli F-15's launched missle strike on military base.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join