It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are illegal immigration supporters complicit in abuse of undocumented people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You sure about that? It's likely to be part of the 2020 platform. I hear it more and more.

dailycaller.com...

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Pundits are not policy makers, it's their job to stir controversy. Neither are candidates that are looking for an attention grabbing gimmick.

Rick Perry ran for president pitching the idea of closing 3 federal agencies. Most of Trump's cabinet members were appointed to castrate and sabotage their agencies. A Republican candidate is calling for the death penalty, by hanging, for women who have abortions. Nobody is wide brushing his opinions as part of the Republican Platform.

The Democratic Party platform supports immigration reform and a clean DACA bill. ontheissues.org...
immigrationimpact.com...

edit on 7-4-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

We'll see in 2020 I suppose.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

i know people who believe there should be no such thing as borders. They are the kinds of people who support sanctuary cities, warning illegals of impending raids, and the like. Is that not the same as supporting illegal immigration?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I take your point. I think most people that support illegal immigrants have an idea that they should have equal rights.

On the other hand, I do hear a lot of those same people say, in the next breath, that illegal immigrants are hard workers (often true), who are willing to do the jobs most Americans aren't willing to do (also mostly true). But, they leave out exactly what you are talking about, that most American citizens aren't willing to do those jobs because they are dangerous for crap pay.

I lived in south Texas and there is an exploitative aspect to the job market there because of illegal immigrants at the entry level at least. I worked at a pet store and they would "negotiate" my pay every two weeks. I just got paid less and less. Eventually, they tried to pay me in dog food and got mad when I wasn't having it. I got into a huge argument with the manager who fired me. The owner tried to get me to come back to work and I told him no way.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
i know people who believe there should be no such thing as borders. They are the kinds of people who support sanctuary cities, warning illegals of impending raids, and the like. Is that not the same as supporting illegal immigration?

Wouldn't that be like saying that anyone who is actually for legalization of weed who doesn't snitch on people who partake or might warn them of raids actually supports the war on drugs?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

Sure, I know people like that too, and people who root for the underdog bad guy in movies too! The world is full of people with opinions. My point is that the Democratic Party's platform doesn't support illegal immigration.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
illegal immigration is a way to destabilise a country.
lots of geto workers on a very low wage.
lots of crime. who can they ask for help?
Not the police. just a gang who they pay protection money!
If you can not get a job! will you take the same pay?
end up living in slums!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It supports illegal immigrants, so yes it does.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

FFS....
SHOW ME where the Democratic Platform support illegal immigration, not including DACA and DAPA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join