It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Defend Language

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That’s kind of like saying fasting is a retreat from food. On a superficial level that is part of it. One is not eating for a length of time. The ignorant inexperienced masses can imagine pointless starvation, suffering, weakness, death.

But the numerous health benefits of fasting are documented, and that’s what it’s really about. Not about retreat or rejection. In addition the appreciation of food is heightened. It’s not easy for the ignorant to realize all that. Especially those who are addicted to certain kinds of food and eating patterns. They would rather rationalize their self-indulgence. Admittedly, fasting is not for everyone.

It’s the same with the experience of transcendence. Your ignorant, inexperienced mind can only look at it from the most superficial level. You are of the ignorant uninitiated masses. You are a helpless, conditioned product of a dark age. At the mercy of mere social mechanisms and desires. I pity you.

edit on 945Wednesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

That’s kind of like saying fasting is a retreat from food.

No it isn't. What I said was "The 'experience of transcending all this noise and confusion' is a retreat from life, easily achieved through drugs, alcohol, sleep, and various others means of escapism". It's more like saying your need for bad metaphors, as incomparable as they are, are a retreat from the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

fear is a bias of the unknown; once it is said to be known... fear yet still persists; but wherein does it persist? The introvert and extravert; those that are in shells and out of shells, in and out of caves... etcetera.

In the womb one still can be aware; in the egg also even before the zygote splits such a thing is at one with the mother... however animals guard their nests where eggs are as typical behavior. Same with the spermatozoa; so of course on the way to the womb? The nature of those with express trip each other up murder etc. internal purity can lead to knock knock like wiping the feet off and the egg says enter.

May sound like funny business; however some never leave the two wombs, the high hanging or low hanging fruit... same as metal in elements; melting lead means slag comes off that was trapped as an internal purity as it worm holed it's way in and out as a salt.

Decay is natural and so is affinity; so the fear of particulate or particle exchange no matter how big or small has to do with that bias or fear.

Over time like a tree; wisdom grows... like a hermit that can no longer fit in it's shell/cave or those said to be struck with boredom. Struck with boredom has never really occurred with myself; restlessness or a no way out of a situation? Sure; but that is when patience is best learned. Best to listen as well instead of just zoning out or else one's head will be filled subconsciously with a lot of things one has no interest in to begin with.

With me; that was Christianity. Of course, knowing it if needed in any really dumb debate was good... a single god and devil are the same thing in my opinion; as that is an ego and that second chance when it comes up again is where wisdom blossoms... that experience will rise again and again until learned. Hard to see when so many effects; or seeds have been planted and are out there waiting to be reaped with the blade or kamma. Tradition means sticking to it to know what one expects or born into the same family over and over... knowing the worlds tradition only requires sitting in one spot until all previous effect washes back to reap.

Then all past lives arise and pass; of when one was god/devil... so was the lesson learned? Fear not the self trying to learn; fear the self that still thinks it knows; when nothing is all there ever was. Except in the acceptance of those terms; no matter the form life has taken, whether one's or that of another. In time such will present itself as needing and wanting nothing; then nothing will arise and nothing will pass as emptiness even occurs in the form of solid; like cracking open a geode... one may see it but not have the ability to smell it. As the eye simply sees and since one thinks a rock cannot smell; even though there internally exists a void? There was breath within... like bubbles in a volcanic rock, or hot mud.

Breathe in and breath out; what is really with difference; knowing all elements as they arise and pass and yet not...

Like dropping a hot gaseous rock in a pond will pop a bubble; the pond in which it lands no matter will still give rise to sediment if not on striking the bottom, as the rock itself.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Transcending the noise and confusion is not a retreat from life.

Just as fasting is not a retreat from food.

Open your ears.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Transcending the noise and confusion is not a retreat from life.

Just as fasting is not a retreat from food.

Open your ears.

Fasting is the willing abstinence of food just as "transcending the noise and confusion" is the willing abstinence of life. That makes more sense than saying "transcending the noise and confusion is a retreat from life" is like saying "fasting is a retreat from food". Open your eyes.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You drive to the store. You park. You go in and you do your shopping.

Oh but wait, while you are in the store you aren’t driving are you. So, you must be retreating from traffic.

how dare you. How dare you retreat from the noise and bustle of traffic that brave people face everyday. You coward! Get back out there! Drive!

edit on 018Thursday000000America/ChicagoApr000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You mean open your heart... so many people don't listen, being on their internal scripts or trips... and not in the now. Of course time... lol so many grains in one hour and yet getting through a class one already knows the subject in, can seem like years to be over at the last 10 minutes or how many grains of sand again?

I caught myself frozen once not cold frozen; but almost like a mannequin in missing time; like how long had I been standing there stooped over to pick something up.

Of course the more one becomes aware of their "own" time others not on it still run around through and all over it as their mind shows up before their body does; unless they understand form and formlessness.

Thats why I cant stand the OBE sorts... learned my lesson the hard way; getting stuck in some fly as consciousness then into a Venus fly trap... where the actual past life skin re(skin walker ranch) or corpse went? I have no idea... families some have too many secrets; so much so one becomes a solid and never minds the stripes involved going through all of that time frame nonsense.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

You drive to the store. You park. You go in and you do your shopping.

Oh but wait, while you are in the store you aren’t driving are you. So, you must be retreating from traffic.

how dare you. How dare you retreat from the noise and bustle of traffic that brave people face everyday. You coward! Get back out there! Drive!

First it’s fasting, now it’s driving. I thought we were talking about “transcending”. Your analogies and metaphors do not help when they take you further from the subject at hand.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Giving up food for a while, giving up traffic for a while, and giving up the ego-self for a while.

All those have something in common. And it isn’t escapism.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The earliest form of English is called Old English or Anglo-Saxon (c. 550–1066 CE). Old English developed from a set of North Sea Germanic dialects originally spoken along the coasts of Frisia, Lower Saxony, Jutland, and Southern Sweden by Germanic tribes known as the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes.

To add to your info thread.

Rich in idiom and emotion, Afrikaans was born 340 years ago in the homes of South Africa's white Dutch, German and French settlers. Not only is it the world's youngest national language, it is one of the smallest, with just 13 million speakers.Apr 23, 1992

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join