It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Bible predict a one world government?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
For many years now, i keep hearing the same thing over and over. The bible predicts the new world order i.e a one world government. Members of ATS, tell me nearly daily about it being seen in the Bible, i am now searching hard in the bible to find out if this is really true. Take a look at this passage from the bible;

At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
- Matthew 24:11

Does Matthew state the basic stepping stones of the new world order?? it doesn't really look like it, it mainly reads about people loosing faith etc.

This site has an interesting view on this subject;

Modern Technology & Other Signs of the End

The Bible, especially the book of Revelation, is filled with allegorical stories and symbolic tales. The problem is in interpretation. Are these stories prophetic warnings for us, or social commentary for the readers of the time of their writing? Fundamentalists and conspiratorialists try desperately to stretch apocalyptic writings (that were about the politics of their time) to fit modern times. They also try to fit poetic pictures of destruction into modern technology. The most obvious of these is the idea that fire raining down from heaven means nuclear-armed missiles. Another is the idea that the phrase "every eye shall see him" (Rev. 1:7) refers to the return of Christ being seen worldwide on television.

Hal Lindsey has speculated that the demonic locusts, the plague of the fifth trumpet, represent helicopters. Here is the actual description of the locusts from Rev. 9:7-10:

In appearance the locusts were like horses arrayed for battle; on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; they had scales like iron breastplates, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots rushing into battle. They have tails like scorpions, and stings, and their power of hurting men for five months lies in their tails.

www.skeptic.com...

So, the book of Revelation is where we need to look for the signs? ok lets get a basic understanding of the book of Revelation. The book of Revelation is the last book of the New Testament; contains visionary descriptions of heaven and of conflicts between good and evil and of the end of the world; attributed to Saint John the apostle.

According to www.forerunner.com... the beast is a world dictator who will bring about the new world order. Lets have a look at Revelation 13

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. 4Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?”

Ten horns and seven heads? first impression, this gives me a picture of nations joined together, which is the beast. Just my theory on the matter. Also, one of the head has a fatal wound? America after Sept.11th?. The world is meant to follow the beast, possible the war on terrorism? who knows (these are not my personal views on the matter, just theories)

Revelation seems to be the most important part of the bible, when we are looking for the new world order. Most tend to state these are where most are the signs are;

Chapter 21-22: A new world order with peace on earth, after the Battle of Armageddon, in the New Jerusalem. A thousand years of peace and prosperity on earth, after Armageddon, followed by another Armageddon. A city called the New Jerusalem descends from heaven. The New Jerusalem has twelve gates, and the walls have precious stones.

www.revelation13.net...

Revelation 21-22?? lets have a quick outline to this chapter. Revelation 21 speaks of a "New Jerusalem",

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Could this be a good new world order? a peaceful government that is waiting for us after a war on Earth? Revelation 22 speaks of the river of life and the second coming of Jesus.

Overall, i can see why some are making claims that the bible forsees a new world order. It is not really detailed enough, but this is really open to debate and you can interpret the meanings in different ways.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There's alot to take in, but I guess thats common with any idea on this level.

The idea of a good NWO, reminds me of the end of one of Nostradamus's predictions which was interpretated by Luciano Sampietro which talks of struggle and hardship but it results in a greater understanding and unity within humanity, which could describe a global organisation/alliance or NWO.

Concerning any source that is old (over a few hundred years) the meanings can be interpretated in many ways, some interpretations can seem wild and almost crazed but some can have meaning in many cultures and ages, for example when one person sees the words 'great beast' in a old prophecy or book, one person could view it in the meaning that there could be a great monster (horns, claws etc) but in modern times we could view it as a powerful nation or alliance.

Not sure whether I've responded to your point infinite, but i gave it a shot

Good thread backed up with resouces

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

attributed to Saint John the apostle.

Isn't revelation written by a different john, not john the apostle? While he was in exile, sent to exile by nero?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Isn't revelation written by a different john, not john the apostle? While he was in exile, sent to exile by nero?

Nope,
It was John the apostle

Concerning any source that is old (over a few hundred years) the meanings can be interpretated in many ways, some interpretations can seem wild and almost crazed but some can have meaning in many cultures and ages, for example when one person sees the words 'great beast' in a old prophecy or book, one person could view it in the meaning that there could be a great monster (horns, claws etc) but in modern times we could view it as a powerful nation or alliance.

exactly

One can see it in many different ways

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

www.abu.nb.ca...
The author of the Book of Revelation implicitly is identified as one of the prophets. This may help in identifying the author if an apostle would not identify himself as a prophet in this way. If so, then the possibility of identifying this John with John the son of Zebedee is eliminated.

, Dionysius of Alexandria (died 265) still did not accept the Johannine authorship of the Book of Revelation. He correctly observed that there were substantial differences between the Gospel of John and the letters, on the one hand, and the Book of Revelation, on the other, too many, in his opinion, to allow for the attribution of Johannine authorship to the latter. The following are the differences noticed by Dionysius (as quoted by Eusebius, H.E. 7.25): [...]

Papias mentioned two Johns, one of whom was associated with the apostles (although he is also called an elder), while the other was called John the elder (although he was called a disciple of the Lord). In Eusebius' day, there were two tombs in Ephesus, both identified as John's. In Eusebius' estimation, this pointed to the conclusion that there were two men in Ephesus by the name of John, the apostle and the elder

however

hellbusters.8m.com...
Irenaeus, second generation from John the Apostle, maintained that John saw the Revelation late in Domitian's reign

although, from the same page

Had John returned from Patmos at age 90+, [in 95A.D.], consider: Clement claims John went into the wilderness on horseback and chased down a former convert turned criminal, physically capturing him, and taught him once again the truth! [7] Could John do this at age 90+; the age he would have been if Revelation was written in 94-95? [...]
Victorinus in his citation, insists that John was working in the mines of Patmos when exiled there. How could this be the case if John was well into his nineties? [9] One should be very cautious then, in maintaining the strength of the external testimony in regard to the date of the Apocalypse. The testimony is at best debatable, scant and interdependent.

More information seems to be at
www.preteristarchive.com...

It looks like, to a first degree anyway, that Ireneaus and Justin Martyr along with Tertullian, Clement and Origen beleived the author was John the Apostle, and that Eusebeus and Dionysius, along with 'Gaius of Rome' attribute it to someone else.
I don't think its entirely clear that the John of revelation is meant to be John the Apostle and there seems to be relative consensus that the author, regardless of who the church beleived wrote them, of the book of revelation and the lettters of john are two differenet people.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Nice post Infintite.

The authorship of the Book of Revelation is traditionally attributed to John the Apostle, however there are quite a few "Johns" that surround the life of Jesus and the issue of who truly penned it is still contested. It seems there is no solid proof either way, only circumstances and dates that can be used to point to a likely author.

I can't seem to find any "new world order" line in Revelation 21 as you quoted, Infinite. In all the versions I checked, it refers to a "new heaven and a new earth", as in your third quotation. E.g:

King James Version: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
New American Standard Bible: "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea."
I'm asssuming that the quote you provided is from a modern essay on the subject, or perhaps from the Mormon additions.

Originally posted by Infinite
Overall, i can see why some are making claims that the bible forsees a new world order. It is not really detailed enough, but this is really open to debate and you can interpret the meanings in different ways.
Agreed.

The apparent single-mindedness of the majority of people worshipping the Beast as written of in Revelation alludes more to a one-world religion than a one-world government, however it stands to reason that a world united under one religion would also be united politically, i.e. under the rule of the Beast. In order to turn humankind away from God en masse, and to instigate organized persecution and murder of Christians, a one-world system of rule would be an absolute prerequisite.

Also as you mentioned, popular interpretation of the Beast implies that it may well be a coalition of nations rather than a single being. A "Coalition of the Willing"? The European Union? Who knows? Some even go so far as to interpret the different animal aspects of the Beast as referring to nations that exist today; the bear being Russia, the lion being the United Kingdom, and the dragon being China. So once again, we see reasonable interpretation pointing towards some sort of new order of nations and alliances different to what we have at the moment.

Anothe popular interpretation is that the Beast is the combination of the Catholic Church and the European Union. In Revelation 17, some of the symbology of the text is defined:

9 Here is the mind which has wisdom The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, [interpreted to mean the seven hills of Rome]

10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.

11 The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.

12 The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour.

13 These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

The ten nations are interpreted to perhaps mean the European union.

www.contenderministries.org...
"The EU today is made up of over 25 countries, however the ten nations of the Western European Alliance have a separate status as full members, while those nations who joined subsequent to the original 10 have only associate membership, or observer status."

Since it does not appear to actually state the words "new world order" in Revelation, we have to look for apparent allusions to such.

Revelation 19:19 appears to suggest that the kings of men will be united under the Beast.

20:19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

In Revelation 20, we see an apparent gathering of nations by Satan to make war on Jerusalem.

20:7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,

20:8 and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.

20:9 And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

I could go on and on, but I'll summise by saying that IMHO, institution of a new world order will definitely be an integral part, and indeed a clear sign of the endtimes.

Great post, Infinite, and a fascinating topic.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Another interesting book, is the book of Daniel;

"And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. . . . but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay." Daniel 2:41- 43

According to www.preparingforeternity.com..., Daniel told the King about the Fourth Empire of the world. This has apparently been fulfilled because the nations of Europe (EU) are meant to be the successors to the Roman Empire.

More on the Book of Revelation - www.bible-prophecy.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Bible does speak of centralized power of the world, most notably in the books of Daniel (O.T.) and Revelation (N.T.). In the 13th chapter of Revelation (verses 3-7, and 16-17), it says that the 1st beast is "given power over ALL kindreds, and tongues, and nations". Then, the 2nd beast "causes ALL, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to recieve a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, UNLESS they have the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name (i.e. 666)".

This would certainly seem to suggest that these leaders or tyrants or whatever have control of both the military AND financial apparatus of almost the whole world. Whether or not this is the same as the "New World Order", or "Novus Ordo Seclorum" spoken of by countless organizations, secret societies, and even by Bush 41 is pure speculation.

One of the "beasts" is further cross referenced by both Jesus and Paul the Apostle in the 24th chapter of Matthew(24:15) and 2nd Thessalonians (2:4) respectively (originally mentioned in Daniel 11:36).

[edit on 19-2-2005 by D_Emissary56]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by D_Emissary56
The Bible does speak of centralized power of the world, most notably in the books of Daniel (O.T.) and Revelation (N.T.). In the 13th chapter of Revelation (verses 3-7, and 16-17), it says that the 1st beast is "given power over ALL kindreds, and tongues, and nations". Then, the 2nd beast "causes ALL, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to recieve a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, UNLESS they have the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name (i.e. 666)".

This would certainly seem to suggest that these leaders or tyrants or whatever have control of both the military AND financial apparatus of almost the whole world. Whether or not this is the same as the "New World Order", or "Novus Ordo Seclorum" spoken of by countless organizations, secret societies, and even by Bush 41 is pure speculation.

One of the "beasts" is further cross referenced by both Jesus and Paul the Apostle in the 24th chapter of Matthew(24:15) and 2nd Thessalonians (2:4) respectively (originally mentioned in Daniel 11:36).

[edit on 19-2-2005 by D_Emissary56]

excellent post there,
very interesting

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
But, in my view, the book of Revelation can have many different meanings. I think an ATS research project would prove to be really good into understanding this abit me.

Is there any other books in the bible that state anything to do with a one world government.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't think the term government existed back in the days the Bible was written, so you'll never see reference to anything like that.

However, as mentioned above Beast 7 and 8 will have control over the entire world. It won't be possible in this day and age for one country to take over the world and have that type of control, so it'll have to be done through some sort of unity between all nations - i.e. the NWO.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogoWatch
However, as mentioned above Beast 7 and 8 will have control over the entire world. It won't be possible in this day and age for one country to take over the world and have that type of control, so it'll have to be done through some sort of unity between all nations - i.e. the NWO.

yeah, true. One nation could not have the ability to take over the world, but an alliance could possibly be able to do it.

I don't think the term government existed back in the days the Bible was written, so you'll never see reference to anything like that.

Im not sure if the term existed then, but the sort of governments were really religious sects.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

However, as mentioned above Beast 7 and 8 will have control over the entire world. p

I don't see why that would be beyond their understanding. As far as they knew, the world was rome, barbaric germany, parthia, and india, and alexander showed that persia and india could be ruled over, more or less.

That is an interesting question infact, if they could even conceive of a world ruled by one government.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

However, as mentioned above Beast 7 and 8 will have control over the entire world.

True, but at the time the book of Revelation was written, the "whole world" consisted of the Roman Empire, the middle Orient, and northern Africa.

Many, including myself, have came to the conclusion that the book isn't really prophetical at all, but simply an allegory on the current affairs of John's era, with the beast being the Roman Empire, or, more personally, Nero himself.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You're incorrect on a few things, Masonic Light.

Revelations 13:1

"And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten diadems, and upon his heads names of blasphemey"

Revelations 17:9-12

"And here us the understand that hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, upon which the women sitteth, and they are seven kings. Five are fallen, one is, and the other is not yet come : and when he is come, he must remain a short time."

Nero of the Roman Empire would've been the sixth head which "is" because he was in power as this was being written. The seventh was still to come, and judging by the history of the last 2000 years. The seventh has not yet come, because nobody has ruled the world since the Roman Empire. Hitler came close, but failed. Further, the final heads of the beast will only be defeated by the second coming, and he will be the worst of all.

Strange how your interpretation failed to notice these obvious facts.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by Nygdan
Isn't revelation written by a different john, not john the apostle? While he was in exile, sent to exile by nero

I'll Try to help here a little but you may think me silly...

It is belived that John The Apostil, was given the Apocalypse From Jesus Christ on the Island of Patmos in A.D. 90 though 96...

quote: King James Version: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
New American Standard Bible: "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea."

These are what John saw when Jesus show him the time periol after the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ, and after the Great White Throne Judgment..

quote:
9 Here is the mind which has wisdom The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, [interpreted to mean the seven hills of Rome]

10 and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.

11 The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.

12 The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour.

13 These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

The Seven Heads/ Hills is the city of Rome.
The Kinge were and are the 7 world leaders, At the time of the writings, 5 had falling but Rome is the one that is at that time and the one that has not Yet, is the new/coming Roman impair. The City of the 7 hills..

The Beast is said to be a computer Which is big enough to hold ALL the records of everyone on earth, The mark of the beast is thought to be a chip that is put in your forhead or on the back of your right hand.. and the Beast will follow you all around and any busness you do will be through the chip and will go through the Beast for a record on You. Without the chip, You will not be able to buy or sale, For all trading will have to go through the Beast..

I remember back after the UN was put in, that they cut the world up into 10 peces so that they could goveren when they would lead the earth under one goverment./// ( but that will be done out of Rpme) and they will all sever the Beast.. at this time the world would be goning under one leader ( the Beast) for a short time " 7 Years". These 7 years will be the Years of Tribulation. 3 and 1/2 of not to bad then 3 and1/2 years of HELL on earth.

After the 7 years of Tribulation are over is when Christ will come a second time and rule the world for a 1000 Years and Satan will be Bound for that 1000 years time spand....

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfdarby
The Beast is said to be a computer Which is big enough to hold ALL the records of everyone on earth, The mark of the beast is thought to be a chip that is put in your forhead or on the back of your right hand.. and the Beast will follow you all around and any busness you do will be through the chip and will go through the Beast for a record on You. Without the chip, You will not be able to buy or sale, For all trading will have to go through the Beast..

I remember back after the UN was put in, that they cut the world up into 10 peces so that they could goveren when they would lead the earth under one goverment./// ( but that will be done out of Rpme) and they will all sever the Beast.. at this time the world would be goning under one leader ( the Beast) for a short time " 7 Years". These 7 years will be the Years of Tribulation. 3 and 1/2 of n

really?
thats is an interesting theory you have constructed here, but the book of revelation can have many meanings to it.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
True, but at the time the book of Revelation was written, the "whole world" consisted of the Roman Empire, the middle Orient, and northern Africa.

Many, including myself, have came to the conclusion that the book isn't really prophetical at all, but simply an allegory on the current affairs of John's era, with the beast being the Roman Empire, or, more personally, Nero himself.

i can see what your getting at here.
But still, its abit too complex to understand its true meaning. to be honest, i really don't know what to make.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well yes the unity will be of all nations, soon the world will view religion as the enemy and the united nations will seek to ban religion world wide, in the bible it says that "I" meaning god will put it into the there minds like a hook in there jaw to turn on my people, meaning to lead them to ban religion, Being the fact that the united nation has never agreed on anything this will be a huge step, In the bible it says Broad and spacious is the path leading off to destruction but narrow is the road leading to life and few are finding it. In the end United Nations and there great military power will fall it will not last the next major battle is not between US and Russia or US VS China but between United Nations and Religion and then All the world leaders will realize what BIG BIG BIG mistake they made to turn on religion, then god will do away with all who oppose him leaving only his Faithful Followers to inhabit the earth forever

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack
Well yes the unity will be of all nations, soon the world will view religion as the enemy and the united nations will seek to ban religion world wide, in the bible it says that "I" meaning god will put it into the there minds like a hook in there jaw to turn on my people, meaning to lead them to ban religion, Being the fact that the united nation has never agreed on anything this will be a huge step, In the bible it says Broad and spacious is the path leading off to destruction but narrow is the road leading to life and few are finding it. In the end United Nations and there great military power will fall it will not last the next major battle is not between US and Russia or US VS China but between United Nations and Religion and then All the world leaders will realize what BIG BIG BIG mistake they made to turn on religion, then god will do away with all who oppose him leaving only his Faithful Followers to inhabit the earth forever

how do you know this?
can you please back up your claims

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join