It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People don't know how to vacation anymore!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've loved the beach ever since I was young. I'm also old enough to remember things before smart phones. People drinking in the beach, loud and obnoxious. Plopping down anywhere as well. The person you are annoyed at that is bumping into you while in his phone? He used to be playing catch with his friend. The odd time they would miss a catch, the ball would whack myself or one of my friends innocently enjoying the sun.

It's all a matter of perspective. What annoys you may not annoy another, and vice versa. The point is, if they aren't breaking the law, live and let live, and try and not take things so seriously. Annoying stuff happens, it's all in how you deal with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

We were in Victoria last year - hundreds of Chinese walking oblivious taking selfies at the above spot. I got fed up of meandering avoiding selfish a*holes. I pushed my shoulders back and after a few bumps they stared avoiding me. My wife thought I was being provocative but she knew I had had enough.

Walk and take selfies you are responsible for your actions

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr
OP seems live and let live enough to me, just sharing thoughts of behaviour which annoys him.
Lots of moral outrage replies are a bit lame in this thread.
EDIT
I almost get the feeling some members just have some personal problem with the OP author, the way they seem to be going on.
edit on 5-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
OP seems live and let live enough to me, just sharing thoughts of behaviour which annoys him.
Lots of moral outrage replies are a bit lame in this thread.
EDIT
I almost get the feeling some members just have some personal problem with the OP author, the way they seem to be going on.

I'm hardly outraged, simply offering up my perspective.
edit on 5-4-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I didn't mention you fella as being one of the outraged.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I didn't mention you fella as being one of the outraged.

Fair enough, but since your post was in reply of my own, you can certainly understand my response.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

First class post as usual...nail on head. Well said Pete

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
When you are driving and the driver in front of you hits on their brakes for no apparent reason, does that bother you? What if that happened to you twenty times while just walking due to people just stopping and taking selfies?, I'm guessing even the mild mannered person would be bothered by this.

I'd think after the first couple of times a safe driver would go around them and wouldn't be following so close that of someone braked they had to stop short.

What if you found the most perfect spot on the beach, and then people just hop in front and start taking photos

Is it your private beach? If not, tough luck.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

most people can't relax because everyone is stressed the hell out about money

most people can't even afford vacations who are we kidding

our society is majorly stressed out to the max just pay attention to social media every is totalllllllly ready for a break, things need to change.

people are getting tired of making Warren Buffet and Evelynn Rothschild rich.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

most people can't relax because everyone is stressed the hell out about money

most people can't even afford vacations who are we kidding

our society is majorly stressed out to the max just pay attention to social media every is totalllllllly ready for a break, things need to change.

people are getting tired of making Warren Buffet and Evelynn Rothschild rich.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Paying to put two kids in college would cut off anyone's vacation spending and being relaxed. Lol. Vacation is buying kids clothes and acne medicine when they visit. When my family goes to a restaurant I find myself staring at three other people looking into their phones. It is rude and boring to go out to eat and have people behave this way. It makes me have to bring out the authoritative mother role and tell everyone to put their phones away and focus on family time. We need to examine the manners of phone usage in public and around others.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Panama City Beach Spring break:

Clearwater Spring Break:

I think people who just graduated high school go to Panama City, so they really are, um, impaired. Ya know, away from Mama and all that.
The other places seem to get college kids, so it's a bit different, maybe? I don't know. I haven't been to either in a decade or so, and have no desire to go. I like more exotic, and less drunken places now, although I did my time. hehe
edit on 4/5/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why are you concerned with what other people do when it doesn't impact your personal enjoyment?

He was the only person not looking at his phone, it was pretty hard to not notice.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I go on "vacation" sometimes. I don't bring a lot of food (processed food from some mega-store).

Instead I take, clean and skewer many forest creatures (some big, some small), then roast them on a stick...enjoying the silence, without cell phone coverage. True peace and quiet...AWAY from civilization altogether.

The LAST place on Earth I want to go is to some drunken beach in Florida.

I'm old...and i like peace.

Note: somebody pulls out a phone to do a "selfie" within sprinting distance of me...cell phone is going in the fire (after smashing on a rock)!!

("sprinting" is a relative term)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I go on 6-7 mile hikes out into the mountains and hunt wild edible mushrooms and bring them home for dinner

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That sounds great actually.

I just wish I knew more about mushrooms. I'm skeered, without knowing better.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Crowds are part of the experience sometimes.

Used to go to concerts, ball games and movies, a lot.

Parties anywhere, on hill tops, on the beach, bars, pool halls.

Grew older, I guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I feel you OP.

Living in France I often take my holidays down in the South of France.

I am fed up with tripping up all over the place on the beach beacause of gawking at all those boobs and stuff hanging out!

"makes mental note to turn book the right way around next time I am reading on the beach and wear darker sunglasses"

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There's been quite a number in China who have been killed walking across the street while send msgs on social media (We use WeChat, FB is banned).

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
So I was on spring break in a spring break town. I has been about six or seven years since I had visited. Nobody knows how to relax anymore! In just that short time a lot has changed.
There was one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and all these people were just taking selfies and browsing nonstop. Isn't vacation to get away from it all and enjoy the scenery? I could not believe the amount of people walking while taking selfies. It seemed surreal as if I was in the twilight zone. I sat there on beautiful white powdery sand and watched. Many people only went into the water to take posed selfies and jumped right back out. I made dinner reservation. I received a confirmation on my cell phone, now here is the disturbing part, I then received another cell phone message basically asking if I was really coming. This was a common scenario not just with the restaurant, text after text after text. So I get to the restaurant and there are so many people not talking to each other but instead looking at their cell phones or taking photos of their food. I know this is the popular thing to do right now, but I think people are truly missing out on real experiences. Maybe this is why everyone is unhappy and stressed out all the time. They are too connected never letting go. It is very easy for me to do because I grew up without technology. I think I should open a vacation spot and not allow devices of any kind, only a rotary phone in the lobby and that's it! No computers and of course no cell phones!

Spring break is not a real vacation.

A real vacation is driving to Wally World.

Tech gives us instant grat.

I'm guilty of it, starting on the plane or sooner.

Pics or it didn't happen, lol.

Wish I could find the pics of me galloping a horse on the beach of the Andaman Sea at sunset.

Have to ask the wife.

edit on 4 6 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join