It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois city bans assault weapons (any semi-auto), imposes fines up to $1,000 per day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm old too (73) and you're not wrong, the end is near for guns in this nut country. All you people that love guns, if the cops ever come to your house over any sort of complaint ( a fight with the wife etc) and they find any sort of gun, if they arrest your sorry ass you will face an enhancement and be looking at another 5 yrs. Its happened to me twice. I hate guns, useless killing devices. Time to banish the 2nd amendment.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

What's the point of banning a semi auto shotgun, when you can fire a pump just as fast, with just as many rounds? What's the point of banning semi auto handguns when, for the price of one decent revolver, you can buy several cheap ones and do a New York Reload? How about high capacity magazines" ? Who says how much is considered "high capacity"? It's been proven that you can fire 30 rounds with 3 - 10 round mags as fast as 2 - 15 round mags.

Because it's that scary word "semi auto" that they like to equate with "full auto" to get the gun grabbers fired up and ohmygod don't get me started on their favorite term "assault rifle".
Idiots basing laws on ignorance and feelings.
edit on 4-4-2018 by DAVID64 because: words

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Whereas the corporate authorities of Deerfield

www.deerfield.il.us...

It's unconstitutional to begin with and since that phrase was repeated.

Someone explain to me how a private entity gets to tell the public what they can or can't own?

It's unconstitutional on second,4th,5th,8th,9th,and 14th amendment grounds.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: idoubtmore
All you people that love guns...

I don't love my guns.

Unless you count when I dress them up all sexy like, take them on a date and then make out with them.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Contrary to the John Birch paranoia of the far right, there is NO left in this country. Only now after all the children have been slaughtered by the fruitcakes with guns is there a burgeoning movement to be rid of the nasty things. The notion that guns are gonna save you and your family from bad guys is of course a tired myth. What does happen every minute of the day is your little kid finds your big bad pistol under your pillow and kills himself. This is not a leftist notion, it's as Jefferson no doubt would have said: 'it's self evident.'

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Woman should just ditch the Chanel and get that combo of Hoppe's #9 and gun oil.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Woman should just ditch the Chanel and get that combo of Hoppe's #9 and gun oil.

I like to dab a little cordite behind the wifey's ears. Makes her smell like my citizen blaster.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: nepatitan

It's now time obviously to abolish the 2nd amendment. We should have abolished the 22 nd amendment as well when there was still time to elect President Obama for 2 more terms. Now we have mad King Donald and his paranoid hordes clamoring for the right to kill. And by the way gun nuts, that is all a gun does-- it kills.

Obvious troll puppet account is obvious.......

Good thing you’re not in the Supreme Court

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: idoubtmore

The notion that guns are gonna save you and your family from bad guys is of course a tired myth.

They saved my ass 4 times and I never had to actually pull the trigger. Funny how bad guys stop doing bad things with a large caliber weapon pointed at them, huh?

Only now after all the children have been slaughtered by the fruitcakes with guns is there a burgeoning movement to be rid of the nasty things.

I saw quite a few walking to school this morning, so maybe you're exaggerating a bit?

What does happen every minute of the day is your little kid finds your big bad pistol under your pillow and kills himself.

53 years old. Grew up with guns, raised 3 kids around guns. All of us are doing fine, no extra holes. Your whole post is based on fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: soberbacchus

What's the point of banning a semi auto shotgun, when you can fire a pump just as fast,

I wasn't questioning the efficacy of what the law is trying to do.

The OP claimed the law banned "ALL guns".

That seems false or incorrect.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

A convicted felon pontificating about the right to own guns. Interesting.

Bitter much over the error of your own ways?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I' m stuck in this state! I have a wife with stage 4 cancer receiving treatment here in Illinois. It's not that easy for me to pack up and leave. I want and will leave this crap hole excuse for a state as soon as I can!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Fear monger much?

I'm 54 years old, next youngest of six children who grew up around, and with, guns. ...and golly gosh, not a one of us grabbed Daddy's "big bad pistol" and shot ourselves. Nor have any of the kids in our lives grabbed anyone's "big bad pistol" and shot themselves, or anyone else for that matter.

Two reasons for that. One: We were taught from almost as soon as we could toddle, that the guns in the house were out of bounds, period, unless a parent, aunt/uncles, grandparent were with us. Since all six of us rightly feared the consequences of touching those firearms without permission, we obeyed.

Two: A pillow is rather an unsafe place to have a "big bad pistol", or a good little pistol, for that matter...

So, yeah, whatever you think you need to tell yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ah, now the truth of the matter comes out.

"If I can't have 'em, no one can!!" is how that translates. Just because you were an idiot, everyone else is, too. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Heh. I'd like to see them try to collect.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Vroomfondel

No law, no Amendment can protect us from an overzealous group of pundits when they redefine the words used. The ones we need to fear are not those shooting the guns; one return shot can stop them. We need to fear anyone who wants to take simple language and try to claim it says something different. They are the enemy. They are the traitors. They are the criminals in spirit. And they MUST be called out, and called out immediately upon the slightest attempt. We are close, very, very close to waking up a slave in a land our forefathers fought for us to have, as has been foretold.

TheRedneck

Amen! I think you had some divine inspiration what you wrote that. Well said.

Treetop

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I am reading this discussion you people are having. It is interesting. So I Googled how many laws does the U.S. Government have on the books and came up with this link. One of many.

www.kowal.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

So just in case you cant read, thats ALL firearms.

No, it isn't. Semi automatic centerfire pistols that do not have a secondary grip are not prohibited.

Read this part very carefully, particularly A nd D:

So, typical common centerfire semiautomatic pistols are not banned.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm old too (73) and you're not wrong, the end is near for guns in this nut country. All you people that love guns, if the cops ever come to your house over any sort of complaint ( a fight with the wife etc) and they find any sort of gun, if they arrest your sorry ass you will face an enhancement and be looking at another 5 yrs. Its happened to me twice. I hate guns, useless killing devices. Time to banish the 2nd amendment.

forgot to mention you were a felon in possession of a firearm eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I love it when people bring up nukes. It's virtually impossible for any citizen to own nukes. The means to create them require too many resources and knowledge that isn't easily attainable.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join