It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winnie Madikizela-Mandela: Anti-apartheid campaigner dies at 81

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

She and her former husband Nelson Mandela, who were both jailed, were a symbol of the country's anti-apartheid struggle for three decades.

However, in later years her reputation became tainted legally and politically.

Crowds of mourners and political figures flocked to her home in Soweto, in Johannesburg, after news of her death broke.

She was a trained social worker when she met her future husband in the 1950s. They went on to have two daughters together.

They were married for a total of 38 years, although for almost three decades of that time they were separated due to Mr Mandela's long imprisonment.

Why was she controversial?

However, Mrs Madikizela-Mandela found herself mired in scandal for decades. She was accused of conducting a virtual reign of terror in parts of Soweto by other members of the ANC in the late 1980s, and heard backing the practice of "necklacing" - putting burning tyres around suspected informants' necks.

edit on 3-4-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Let her rot forever...

The bitch profited big time...

After the world learned of the reign of terror inflicted on Soweto by her street thug enforcers the "Mandela United Football Club", her earlier soubriquet ‘Mother of the Nation’ was amended to ‘Mugger’.

In 1991 she received a jail sentence for her part in the kidnapping of 14-year-old Stompie Moeketsi who was found with his throat cut after being accused of being a police informer.

Look at what history may teach you : www.independent.co.uk... 5581.html

Hailed as mother of the ‘new’ South Africa, Winnie Madikizela-Mandela’s legacy as an anti-apartheid heroine was undone when she was revealed to be a ruthless ideologue prepared to sacrifice laws and lives in pursuit of revolution and redress.

Her uncompromising methods and refusal to forgive contrasted sharply with the reconciliation espoused by her husband Nelson Mandela as he worked to forge a stable, pluralistic democracy from the racial division and oppression of apartheid.

The contradiction helped kill their marriage and destroyed the esteem in which she was held by many South Africans, although the firebrand activist retained the support of radical black nationalists to the end.

Link : ca.reuters.com...

She was SCUM and always WILL be SCUM to what Nelson tried to achieve in South Africa...

May she and her cohorts rot and burn forever...

I am old enough to have lived through (as an open minded person not living in South Africa) and learned lessons (still learning even) from that ongoing period... as are many other people who actually live over there in South Africa.

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 3-4-2018 by Lagomorphe because: She was a bitch

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Nelson Mandela's wife just died...

Wait, what...thought she died while Mandela was in prison...

edit on 3-4-2018 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Read up on the links I provided mate.

She was not even worthy of being called out as pond life... pond life deserve respect.

I hate to wish death on people but SHE lived too long and died too peacefully in my opinion.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

But she was a Liberal.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

I know right? I thought she died when Mandella did. We are so not on the same time line as them omg.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

But she was a Liberal.

Keep your USA political taurine matter out of international affairs for once please.

Thanks

Sleep well.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

USA?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

USA?

Maybe U.K. too so apologies but sadly mate most biased opinions come from the USA.

RIGHT... back on topic!?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

And all this time I thought we were all from the same Planet.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

USA?

Maybe U.K. too so apologies but sadly mate most biased opinions come from the USA.

RIGHT... back on topic!?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Yes back on topic.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yes back on topic.

Agreed... no more USA crap👍

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I’m from the USA Lags, and our crap don’t stink!! We smell of roses and beer.

Kindest regards

SpaceMan

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
RIP Winnie Madikizela , you have suffered much and your mistakes many, but then again no one can find an unblemished hero.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I’m from the USA Lags, and our crap don’t stink!! We smell of roses and beer.

Kindest regards

SpaceMan

I have smelt poo in a diner once in San Diego at 7 in the morning...

It did not smell of roses but definately Beer and JD...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You just wrote up a lengthy total bash of the woman who's doubtless a hero in SA (and Detroit), and you call US opinions biased? My guess is the prevelant US opinion on her is total indifference.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You just wrote up a lengthy total bash of the woman who's doubtless a hero in SA (and Detroit), and you call US opinions biased? My guess is the prevelant US opinion on her is total indifference.

Well why not ask all our South African members here or do a little homework Tony (I gave a couple of links).

I can understand your opinion and respect it so but not everyone considered her as a hero...

She used her ex husbands name for her own causes.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

And a sh*toad of evil departs this reality. Not soon enough.

Eta: for the above post, 87 counts of fraud, extortion and embezzlement, and 5 counts of drugging, rape and murder of minors (persons 17 or under). Yeah, that's some hero.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/3.2018 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Indifference?? Not among most Black folks in the States and across the African descendant diaspora.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join