It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Today Are the Worst Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

The young are most likely the unluckiest generation this time, tho, considering the world, or lack thereof, we are leaving...

^^^ That part worries me the most. It's not so much about their misjudgements. It's the collective decisions that our generations make that might bind them to a dark future that's not of their making.

Luckily, 'hope' has always burned brighter in the younger generations. It's their future to create or fight against.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Then there are posts like your OP, and the various younger ones who actually value their elders and their wisdom; these give us hope, bridging the gap of ignorance, arrogance, and accusation.

edit on 422018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I absolutely love millenials. Finally, a sense of humor has returned. Disagree with me? Get away from the political types and look for the memes.

Somewhere out there is an army of autists making me laugh like i haven't laughed since Monty Python.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I absolutely love millenials. Finally, a sense of humor has returned. Disagree with me? Get away from the political types and look for the memes.

Somewhere out there is an army of autists making me laugh like i haven't laughed since Monty Python.

I swear im a good lad!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think we should blame the parents of Millennials for their short comings and not necessarily Millennials. Parents aren't setting limits and teaching life skills to these kids so they end up being assholes. There really isn't much they can do if they don't get the proper tools to succeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I've spent the last ten years hiring and firing people.
I can honestly say that the few millennials that impress me had some good parents.
They are unfortunately few and far between.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Don't get me started in a meme war...it was just Easter yesterday and I still have a stack of some of the most sacrilegious memes the world has ever seen.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Every generation is the product of the previous one. To say the newest generation is the "worst ever" is equivalent to saying "my generation had the worst parents ever". The saying "chip off the old block" comes to mind here.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
How could you forget Shakespeare?

I would there were no age between ten and three-and-twenty, or that youth would sleep out the rest, for there is nothing in the between but getting wenches with child, wronging the ancientry, stealing, fighting.- would any but these boiled brains of nineteen and two-and-twenty hunt this weather? They have scared away two of my best sheep...

The Winter's Tale, Act III, Scene 3

edit on 2-4-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

My generation is different.

We're the Greaterest Generation. We know everything.

Everyone else is stupid.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I wanna go bk to my youth days. The best ever.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You were a little too obvious with your title, op. I knew where you were going.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That Aristotle quote can't be from that year, he wasn't born yet.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Maybe kids just get a little worse every generation?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

On a positive note - After spending all of 2017 working in on-demand service/retail I can say - This new generation were always THE nicest customers! Extremely courteous, patient, empathetic and understanding. The Baby Boomers...my god. Screamed at and threatened by them almost every single shift. The Gen Xer's...looked down on with disgust, ignored because they couldn't look away from their phone, not as demanding hateful and bossy as the Baby Boomers, but zero patience or understanding.

tl/dr -
Year of on-demand retail:
Baby Boomers - "HOW DARE YOU! DO IT NOW OR I'LL HAVE YOUR JOB!!!!"
Gen X'ers - "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO LISTEN TO YOU, JUST GET IT DONE!!"
Millennials and Gen Z - "I completely understand, thank you and just do your best!"

These are generalizations, but I can absolutely say that not one single youth was ever rude. Not one.

edit on 2-4-2018 by maus80 because: misspelled

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I do think people are tending to not teach their kids about perseverence and following up on their commitments.

This is absolutely true.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: ketsuko
I do think people are tending to not teach their kids about perseverence and following up on their commitments.

This is absolutely true.

And it's a shame because there are some bright spots in Millennials. For one thing, they want to go back toward a more traditional model of family with providing father and more stay-at-home mother when they marry and settle.

Hard to get them there when they haven't quite cultivated patience and perseverance though.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Oh no I just realized my new gf is a millennial.
Gonna dump her nearly half my age anyhow
Some of her pals though.....dumb as a bag of spanners.
One asked me at a party what are those lights in the sky...stars she meant...
Our fault though if our education system doesn't beat at least the basics in them.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Oh no I just realized my new gf is a millennial.
Gonna dump her nearly half my age anyhow
Some of her pals though.....dumb as a bag of spanners.
One asked me at a party what are those lights in the sky...stars she meant...
Our fault though if our education system doesn't beat at least the basics in them.

Dump her why? Does she eat tide pods and suck condoms out of her nose?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

He always seems to have had his finger on the pulse of human nature. Pick a topic and he's written something, somewhere that applies. Thanks for that.

a reply to: maus80

Baby Boomers - "HOW DARE YOU! DO IT NOW OR I'LL HAVE YOUR JOB!!!!" Gen X'ers - "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO LISTEN TO YOU, JUST GET IT DONE!!" Millennials and Gen Z - "I completely understand, thank you and just do your best!"

Exactly. My takeaway from that is every generation brings examples for criticism AND praise.

A lot of people see the 60s generation as the one that fought for peace, nuclear disarmament and an end to racism. They were creative too producing music that remains popular today. Then there's the flipside of the 60s with one corrupt Presidency, segregation and hippies getting beaten by police in many States. COINTELPRO were doing what social media is set up to do today.

The Millennials of today aren't doing anything new. They're doing the same old things previous gens did and expecting different results. It's how it should be!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join