It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Today Are the Worst Ever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

So... unless we have a world wide effort in the next year, or there's some authority figure in the sky willing to help, we're done. This is a bit OT but there's really nothing else to talk about. The science is in and we are doomed... likely even IF we all try and all resources are directed at the problem, but at least the young people I talk to are willing to try.

See if this TED from last year puts lead in your pencil. Of all our 'potential futures,' some are pretty bleak.

It's only my sense of epic history that keeps optimism burning. Humanity has been at crossroads and the edge of precipices many times before. Who knows? The next couple of gens are gonna have some profound work to do. Tough decisions too. Fingers, eyes and toes crossed.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

As someone who both fears death and researched the famine crises in North Korea, it would be very scary to see what happened on North Korea but on a global scale. People think humans becoming zombies is scary. But reading how many North Koreans died before being able to border a train to search for work, and those that do died on the trains! Believe it or not, I recall the North Korean created a division of labors who's sole purpose was to recover the corpses and the individual responsible was awarded but I'll have to re-read.

Unfortunately we'll never get the exact numbers. It could have been thousands, possibly millions of innocent people starved to death in the famine! And both North Korea and Korean history has stories of innocent people and soldiers on the brink of starvation; eating whenever and beggars couldn't be choosers or you'll be dead if you don't eat.

When it comes to children I do wish they would become more active, willing to learn about the world around them and hopefully fix what previous generations failed to do or else they and their descendants would suffer. I have met many kids who were nice, the problem is they're glued to their video games, computers, phones, whatever. I understand that as an American we live in a more privileged society allowing us to do that without having fear what the future might hold.

However, as a human, we're not embedded with superpowers and even though tomorrow might not be the end of the world, it's better late than never for us to make changes, realist changes, that would allow both us and the rest of life on Earth to survive for many, many years.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticalRogue123

The starvation of Koreans was contained too. Imagine if they'd been able to get to surrounding areas for survival? It's gonna be more dramatic if/when it starts happening to nations with free movement. Man, even the 'Great Depression' displaced millions as they looked for food and work.

When it comes to children I do wish they would become more active, willing to learn about the world around them and hopefully fix what previous generations failed to do or else they and their descendants would suffer.

I get where you're coming from there. A lot of teens are wedded to their Xboxes and getting fatter too. On the other hand, there are still millions of them across the world trying to thrive in colleges and succeeding in schools. Even though some of our younger gen *look* feckless and lazy, so did ours to other gens. At least, that's what we should hope is the case.

As ever, the younger gen has to fight past the resistance of their elders!! Women in the workplace, equal pay for equal work etc. It all came in spite of the older generation rather than with their help.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Oh and just to add there is no entry charge

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Errrr Leeds Armoury is this way.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Lol you know I looked and thought I'm sure I just posted it...thought it was the mandella effect cheers dude

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Every generation says that about the one that comes after theirs.. it’s as old as humanity.

Absolutely agree
I'm sure when our children grow up, they will think the same way

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join