It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States Likely Could Not Control Constitutional Convention

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Perhaps you could come with a different angle.

My conscious will not allow me to open a link that is trying to push the idea that debt is positive.

It is a non starter

Yeah. That's called closed minded.

Fun fact: Having no debt in the country means we'd have no monetary supply since every dollar in circulation is $1 of debt.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
The only issues needed to be changed are the repeal of the 16th and 17th amendments.

What about the 3rd. My son would love to stay at a Trump hotel next time he has a drill weekend!

Just being cute (trying poorly).

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
How many folks paid full price for your house? No?

Maybe took out a loan that is 3,4 or 5 times what you bring in each year?

But right, you'll have it paid off in 15 or 30 years when you retire, so it is ok?

When is the U.S. expected to retire, so we can set up a payment plan?
edit on 29-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Perhaps you could come with a different angle.

My conscious will not allow me to open a link that is trying to push the idea that debt is positive.

It is a non starter

Yeah. That's called closed minded.

Fun fact: Having no debt in the country means we'd have no monetary supply since every dollar in circulation is $1 of debt.

i do not see it that way.
it would mean that once again we would have to back our currency with real stuff

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

How do you plan on doing that after utterly annihilating all traces of our economy beforehand? Methinks you should go take a Macro economics class as it appears you aren't debating with full tool belt, no offense. It's just your economic knowledge appears to be rather simplistic.
edit on 29-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

lol

you melted quickly

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

See. You never have any real rebuttals to anything I say and just dismiss me because you think my ideas are beneath you. Yet it really just shows that you don't fully understand the economics that you are trying to drastically alter. Our macro economy is VERY complicated, and not to mention large. Finding a raw resource to base our currency off is practically impossible, a balanced budget amendment is bad for recessions, and the national debt isn't a matter of simply paying it off. These are all things you are failing to see but your ego is preventing you from even seeing eye to eye with me even though I'm trying to be polite and work with you (despite trying to leave the thread earlier). These are basic things I learned in a Macro Economics 201 class in college. The economy is even more complicated than that. Anyone who thinks a simple solution will fix our economic woes is fooling themselves and is likely trying to lead us down a path that will only make things worse.
edit on 29-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

oh without a doubt... i wouldn't put too much stock in the 4th sticking around either... but maybe we could all be required by law to buy a new Ford (ford be praised) just like that crappy health insurance i have to buy and not use.

in all seriousness anyone that thinks a constitutional convention in this day and age is a good idea needs to have their head examined (and guns seized so everyone is safe /s)... until we get corporations and special interests out of politics a constitutional convention is a horrendously bad idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Holy cow man!

Are you sure you are not joking?

Really though are you joking?

You have so much crap stacked together it just seems as if you are taking the piss here.

You are arguing for having massive debt because you do not think it can work any other way.

How bout we meet in the middle at around say 5t in debt instead of the 20t+ we are at now.

oh wait i bet you will first want to argue over the amount of debt we are in.

Are you i favor of a convention or not?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Did you know in the amount of time we have jacked around here if we had a functional government they could have passed laws to regulate mj to the states by removing the illegal influence the fed is holding over the plant.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Just today or in total?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

How bout we meet in the middle at around say 5t in debt instead of the 20t+ we are at now.

Now THIS is a real argument. Reducing the debt is certainly something we should be striving to do. HOWEVER achieving this through a BBA will just create other problems that will end up being worse than our current debt levels. We should be pushing for bi-partisan solutions to smartly wind down spending. This needs to be done over time too (bolded due to being a KEY point). If you do it all at once then you have a monetary supply shock, and anyone who has studied economics can easily tell you what happens to an economic system when you have a supply shock (hint: it rhymes with "tank gun")

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

It is only a vote away!

But hey today we pushed the ole hate the past agenda by trying to demonize the clintons and obama further detracting from any real progress to be made.

They are stuck on stupid.

Wasted month after month on someone that is not worthy of the time wasted.

I purpose that they focus on tomorrow and quit living in the past.

Just lay down the law and say from this day forward we will do things this way and get on with our lives.

But no now these ass clowns want to investigate the investigators.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

I don't think now is a good time. I think we are having enough of a constitutional crisis as it is.
edit on 29-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

the problem with that though is when trading between nations any nation, bank, corporation or criminal organization could sabotage your economy easily just by hoarding gold behind your back. *cough*China*cough*

the biggest flaw with a physically backed currency is that people naturally have the habit of hoarding, that means less money for people who aren't rich or backed by a powerful entity.

physically backed currency = poverty for the average person especially during recessions which happen pretty frequently(like 2 per decade)

our fiat currency is the only thing protecting the common man from excessive hoarding and their personal debts.

edit on 29-3-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think Trump could do it in a pen strike by taking it down from a schedule III drug.

Easy peasey.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with out constitution except the federal government having bankruptcy jurisdiction. The States must operate on gold and silver coin (Article 1 Section 10), yet they don't. Courts (all) have combined equity and Law jurisdiction, and appear to be all operating in equity (judge does what he wants just as the chancellors in the kings court). Bankruptcy is always in equity. IMO, it has ruined our nation. And I bet everything, that part will not be discussed at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Actually you Can control its scope. All it takes is A limiting agreement with all representatives assembled.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Looks like those "crazy preppers" might not have been so crazy after all.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So this is all about Dope?

Seems like there is a Dope problem in the USA.

Let's expand the 2A and let everyone own full auto's.

Good trade, I think.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join