It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come liberals don't want to talk about mental health in relation to school shootings?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have a lot of liberal friends, especially on Facebook and almost every single one, will NOT talk about mental health in relation to School Shootings.

They all want to talk about Guns and Gun policy, but none of them want to talk about mental health care issues?

It's really disturbing. To be fair, none of my conservative friends want to talk about any kind of background checks or age restrictions or Gun policy etc..That's also disturbing, but not as disturbing as liberals that won't talk about mental health issues.

The meme's are especially disturbing.

Why can't liberals talk about mental health care, crisis intervention, early detection of issues etc. Was there some kind of memo that went out that i didn't get? I really, really liked Jill Stein and the Green Party, but apparently I'm not Liberal enough to get these memos forbidding us to talk about Mental Health and Bullying especially as it relates to School shootings or even Suicide.

How come nobody is talking about Suicide? Those that snap usually take two actions inward/outward...suicide/depression/self harm/drugs/drinking or acting out violence/shooting/revenge/getting even.

Makes me sick. Come on Liberals!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They won't. They're too sucked into their own rear end to even begin to realize what tools they are.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Because most of them are loony, and they don't want to disbar themselves from owning something the rest of us can.

Looking at the way some of these Liberals think and say, you'd cringe knowing that they potentially have a firearm.

So of course, they won't talk about something that might potentially limit their own freedoms.

Far more fair to take away firearms from everyone, so that way they're not tempted.
edit on C18335844 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Because it makes too much logical sense. It's easier to blame guns because they're something external rather than internal in the American hashtag culture.

Not to mention that much of the far left are heavily medicated themselves....

Yeah I said it.

+6 more 
link   

How come liberals don't want to talk about mental health in relation to school shootings?

Because it's awkward, uncomfortable and inconvenient to address real issues when you're stuck in a retarded feedback loop due to overdosing on CNN & the tards on a regular basis.

According to some, if you take every gun away that exists - somehow all the mental health issues that trigger #wits to go on killing sprees will stop.

Remove guns = no more retards.......that's the logic we're dealing with.

(cars, busses, trucks, bombs, knives etc etc - all irrelevant)

+4 more 
link   
Who says they don't? I've seen it discussed here and the libs were involved in the conversation. This is pretty inflammatory and incorrect imo.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They need to talk guns to get their agenda in front of the people. Crazy takes away from that.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis
So you are for taking firearms away from people who the state recognizes as having mental issues?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Then we would have to reopen Insane asylums and fill them with liberal voters doped up and anti-psycotics, thereby losing potential voters who they claim are misunderstood victims of CIS white patriarchy fuelled oppression.

Its just easier to take guns so we cant fight back when they come to protect us.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well the obvious way to Improve mental health would be universal health care. But it's those darn liberals don't want to talk about that...

link   
Well big surprise... a bunch of conservatives are here answering for liberals and telling them what type of people they are and what they think. Mental health has been discussed. It's still being discussed. Go start a thread with substance.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Who says they don't? I've seen it discussed here and the libs were involved in the conversation. This is pretty inflammatory and incorrect imo.

It's very rare. Even on here. It all centers on Gun Control, which in my opinion is a big part of it, but mental health is the bigger issue. That should be addressed first and foremost. Even rarer in real life and on facebook.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

At first I want to say "Yes" but when one looks at the actual qualifier can be manipulated and abused to ban all sorts of pseudo ailments from having a gun.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Loony liberal here: I’ve mentioned the mental health issue lots of times. But here’s another problem: some people who are mentally ill don’t go get help - so how do we know they’re mentally ill? I’ve proposed a psych evaluation as part of the gun background check, and I get hammered for it by the crackpot conservatives.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
as usual the responses here are hilarious.

talking about mental health in regards to guns was a big no no on ats before this last shooting.

edit on 28-3-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Well big surprise... a bunch of conservatives are here answering for liberals and telling them what type of people they are and what they think. Mental health has been discussed. It's still being discussed. Go start a thread with substance.

This does have substance and it's not being discussed enough. As a matter of fact, I'm probably just as liberal as you are. You're dilusional if you think mental health is being discussed enough. It's not. The Parkland kids are all about guns...nary a mention of mental health or bullying.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If "bad mental health" is the main operating cause, that shifts the debate towards "mental health safeguards" on purchase, and away from more general controls.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Loony liberal here: I’ve mentioned the mental health issue lots of times. But here’s another problem: some people who are mentally ill don’t go get help - so how do we know they’re mentally ill? I’ve proposed a psych evaluation as part of the gun background check, and I get hammered for it by the crackpot conservatives.

I agree with you there. Or linking databases for mental health.

But the really issue is early intervention for children with mental health issues. More councelors, more affordable mental health options. More money into health care. Mental health care should be affordable for everyone.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
as usual the responses here are hilarious.

talking about mental health in regards to guns was a big no no on ats before this last shooting.

But why was it a big No no?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
If "bad mental health" is the main operating cause, that shifts the debate towards "mental health safeguards" on purchase, and away from more general controls.

maybe but I'm talking about more school counselors, options for parents that they can afford, early intervention for starters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join