It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See Radar Images Of China's Space Station Tumbling Around

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: Meldionne1
im Starting to see the news reports on TV now .... Anyone have a good guess yet as to where it when ?

It's still too high today (perigee of 174 km), so my guess it will probably reenter on April 2nd.

This map shows where it can fall (within the green area):

Well, that pretty much covers it! LOL

Do we know what direction as pertains to the "green" area of the map? If looking at the map, is it moving west to east?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

Live tracking..
www.n2yo.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
At the current altitude a lighter weight lower density satellite would have less than 12 hours before reentry.
Could mean more debris will survive since it is apparently quite massive.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So, we talking any bets?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What altitude will it lower to before it gets pulled down ? .... What is the magical number ?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Round about Midnight.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Round about Midnight.

Is there a magical number to watch for altitude ? I've been tracking it on that website ... Not sure what the altitude should be for it to fall ?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The lower it goes, the more atmospheric resistance it encounters, so the slower it goes, so the lower it goes, etc. Once it got down around 100 miles or so it began the process.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Unlike other deorbited satellites there was no controlled burn to slow the satellite for a quick drop.
Even knowing the satellite density doesn't help much, the tumbling and upper atmospheric structure are both somewhat random.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
This morning it was around 99 mi over colorado ... So that means it's started the decent ? When ... Or what mi number will it actually burn up ? .... And I'm assuming "mi " on the altitude is miles ?

edit on 1-4-2018 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

It depends on way too many factors to be able to put a solid number on it. It might stay largely intact most of the way down to where the heavier atmosphere breaks it apart, or it could break into smaller pieces at 95 miles. There's no way to know.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

have you had trouble at all this morning getting n2yo to load tracking?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

Yes I have on and off .... It's approaching the U.S. Again now .... Seems every 2 hours it's crossing the U.S. .... It was fluctuating between altitude 92 and 100 miles

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Just finally got it to load after 30 mins or so. Not sure if its just my internet or what.
Very weird that I can't find anything on livestream about TIANGONG-1

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yeah. I'm on mobile, and not all of the page loads. It's really slow to load most of the page and the current position doesn't always load.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

yea thats what I was getting too, then it was just a red dot showing location. Stinks I'm on the east coast, may be a bit to far east to see anything but its cloudy and supposed to snow tonight, blah!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If it hits my landlords office in Michigan I'm buying every ATS member a drink!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
oh wow I just saw the speed, decreased quite a bit since last night. Its not at 4.85 mi/s, I think before I went to bed it was around 7 mi/s

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Orbital frequency is still 87.6 minutes according to 2YO which is down from 89 minutes a few days ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

lol I think I may have been looking at km/s last night, oops
edit on 9Sun, 01 Apr 2018 09:24:15 -0500America/Chicago18092018000000401_ by nepatitan because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join