It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBQ "roast" beef

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
pile 15-20 charcoal briquettes or use a small pile of wood chunks no more than a pound or 2 and light on far side or grill.
rub sirloin or chuck roast with olive oil, salt, pepper, spices and sear over flames.
set roast on opposite side of fire and cover grill, let cook 40-45 minutes or until medium rare.
serve with roasted gold potatoes with butter and sour cream, baked sweet potato (slices) with butter and honey and a roll. Enjoy.
just made this last night for my grandpa and I's dinner, was a winner.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's winter here yet, the charcoal grill doesn't get very hot in the winter. Sounds good though.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeGhost

sounds delicious to me. I like the idea of cooking it with indirect heat. I do that on my baby back ribs I cook and they fall right off the bone

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sounds awesome. Too bad it's still snowing like crazy here.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

for indirect slow cooking pork n such I don't like to go over 225 degrees F. the cold would help since my biggest problem is letting the temp get too high. but then again I like to pull up a lawn chair, a 12 pack and read a book while the meat slow cooks from 10am to 7pm and futz with the bbq once every 45 min or so.
edit on 25-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You will never find a more envious Buddha than when BBQ wafts in the warm weather air and my dinner will still be bologna and cheese tortilla rolls

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I smoke prime rib. Comes out with a flavorful crust and perfect rare center every time.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
thanks for the recipe! It seems to be tasty
edit on 23-4-2018 by WilliG because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join