It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Soldiers: Army Officers Going Back To Basics To Instill Discipline On ‘Entitled’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: BotheLumberJack
And trust me we are fully capable of defending our own land. Most will fall short but that same can be said of past generations as well.

That's true, but even Rome fell.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

, putting pot heads with a gram in their pocket into prison for five years. Lets talk about that.

If the Enemy is in your back yard, what ya gonna say? Oh you can't shoot me Mr. Because ... I pay taxes!!!!

anytime my friend.

and i would probably say dont taze me bro

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yeah but you see fragging just walking down the street in Queens or half a dozen places in Chicago. It's war town but in pockets.

Maybe draft them mofo's.

Put them to work with better equipment.

Use their talents.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

lol good answer!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I cant argue that fact. Some times I get confused which side you are on then I remember their really is no side. Thank you for being on both. A person of reason is always needed.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Yeah but you see fragging just walking down the street in Queens or half a dozen places in Chicago. It's war town but in pockets.

Maybe draft them mofo's.

Use their talents.

Look out Private Benjamin. The SnoMo's are in town!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Maybe draft them mofo's.

Use their talents.

If they ever remade that movie today, there would be an outcry so loud aliens from mars would hear it and cringe.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Sno-mo-sexuals.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Maybe draft them mofo's.

Use their talents.

Goldie rocks.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

lol I believe you just created a new word, you should totally c/w that, Own It!
edit on 24-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I cant argue that fact. Some times I get confused which side you are on then I remember their really is no side. Thank you for being on both. A person of reason is always needed.

It's unfortunate that reason is limited these days to unidentifiable jargon. But I agree with you that a person even just one, is needed, now more than ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Are Millenials so soft that they're unable to defend their Country if a real war took place?

Maybe the current generation is just more intelligent and far more aware of the actual reality of the situation, than previous generations... They're not so inclined to blindly volunteer to be expendable pawns for TPTB.

No, that's not it at all. These millennial "men" have less testosterone than the females these days. These young females are raunchy as hell. Meanwhile the guys(I use that term lightly) wear skin tight jeans, have ponytails and man buns and they cry(way too much). Its sad. My grandfather was part of the invasion force on D day, at 19. These 19 year olds cry if you yell at them.

And we now live in a world where snowflakes get bent out of shape if you punch a Nazi.

Strange.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I think the millennials are being misjudged.
Believing that an entire generation are a bunch of snowflakes that all think the same is a fools game.

I promise you, the kids today are and will be just a strong as we were and are. How do I know that?
Because they are human , that's how.

All that article does is judge EVERY young person in the country as being the same.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

They are all the same ....they are all the same....they can't possibly be as awesome as me.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I think the millennials are being misjudged.
Believing that an entire generation are a bunch of snowflakes that all think the same is a fools game.

I promise you, the kids today are and will be just a strong as we were and are. How do I know that?
Because they are human , that's how.

All that article does is judge EVERY young person in the country as being the same.

Tell you what. You go to basic training camp via 'the army' for a couple of years and then tell me that. Kids might be aware of things kids weren't aware of way back when, but they can't handle pressure anymore. It's a fact, not an opinion.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Perhaps many millennials are sophisticated enough to understand that today's military service is not really about defending their country, but rather about serving empire and the military industrial complex?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

All the kids or just the ones going to army recruit training?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Are Millenials so soft that they're unable to defend their Country if a real war took place?

Maybe the current generation is just more intelligent and far more aware of the actual reality of the situation, than previous generations... They're not so inclined to blindly volunteer to be expendable pawns for TPTB.

There is no generation that is more (or less) intelligent than another. More access to education? Sure. More socially acceptable to explore a range of different philosophies? Maybe. More intelligent? No.

Far more aware of the actual reality of the situation? That's an entirely different can of worms.

The more modern the generation, the more protected they become from the reality of real life - you know, that thing that is difficult and dangerous, that you have to spend from dusk to dawn battling to put food on the table and shelter over your head. I'm not a millennial but I still don't need to worry about wolves eating the cattle, or an unexpected cold snap destroying the crops that we need to survive the winter. I'm - happily - quite comfortably protected from the "reality of life" in that respect. That is what gives me time to browse the internet, offering myself up as an internet expert and pontificating on world matters that quite frankly have nothing to do with me.

What you actually mean when you say "reality of the situation" is "the broader and more complex issues of society that you have the time and freedom to concern yourself with, because somebody else is busy protecting you from the actual realities of your situation."

I suspect the real challenge faced by the snowflakes, is being expected to take responsibility for the reality of their actual situation. You can't call your mother to come and do your laundry and press your clothes. You have to do things that you don't like and that "aren't fair", no matter how often you explain to your Drill Sgt that the rules shouldn't apply to you because you're special. You have to eat the food you're given, prepared by people who don't give a tinker's about whether it was ethically farmed in a sustainable eco-friendly fashion. You can't sit on beanbags all day sipping lattes and setting the world to rights, and you have to get out of bed in the morning whether you want to or not. You can't call a time out when the bad guys are shooting at you. There is no "app" on your phone that will automate the process of "being a soldier" for you.

Edited to add: I'm told that none of the above applies if you're in the Airforce

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

These millennial "men" have less testosterone than the females these days

Proof?

wear skin tight jeans, have ponytails and man buns and they cry

If you think that automatically means that a person is weak that I say that you don't know what strength is.

My grandfather was part of the invasion force on D day

If your grandfather had the normal human range of emotions then I promise you he cried when his feelings were hurt at some point in his adult life. He just hide it from you is all.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Perhaps many millennials are sophisticated enough to understand that today's military service is not really about defending their country, but rather about serving empire and the military industrial complex?

Yeah, I addressed that on the previous page. Something to the effect of

War is evil, but if Evil comes to your back yard and you're too safe spacey to deal with it, good # luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join