It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Soldiers: Army Officers Going Back To Basics To Instill Discipline On ‘Entitled’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I promise you, the kids today are and will be just a strong as we were and are. How do I know that?
Because they are human , that's how.

I agree in principle, with one qualification. Kids today have just as much potential to be as strong.

I think that, in the past, more people were exposed to real difficulty (as opposed to "oh no, my life is so hard, I can only afford the previous generation of iPhone") so it was less of a shock to the system being exposed to a truly difficult way of life. Once you get past that hurdle, modern kids are no less capable than kids from times of yore.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

No, that's not it at all. These millennial "men" have less testosterone than the females these days. These young females are raunchy as hell. Meanwhile the guys(I use that term lightly) wear skin tight jeans, have ponytails and man buns and they cry(way too much).

You think?

Meet Nick.

Nick is of the millennial generation. Nick occasionally wears tight pants. Nick wears hairbuns and pony-tails. Nick puts product in his beard in an effort to keep it from being a tangled mess.

Nick also spent 12 years in MARSOC, first as Marine Recon and then as a Marine Raider. Nick fought in both Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as several other places. Nick, like countless other of the millennial generation, has put himself on the line over and over and come through it.

But you keep telling yourself he has less testosterone than you do because of his ponytail.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

but they can't handle pressure anymore.

All of them every single one?
Again you paint an entire generation with a single brush just based of what you hear on the msm.
You and have no real understanding of what the majority of young people in the us are "like".

I'm 37 and assuming that you are close to my age. Do you like it when generation x was said to ALL be nothing but a bunch of stoners and fools?

Are your kids or those of your friends a bunch of snowflakes?
If you say no than I have to wonder why you think they are an exception and if you say yes than I will blame the parents.
We are how we were raised after all.
edit on 24-3-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Nick might well be a manly fist pounding dude, and maybe one of the few Millenials to rough it out because maybe he had a Father or Grandfather that taught him what he needed to know.

Not everyone is like Nick.

The article clearly states that Millenials have a problem with authority and their need for safe spaces. It's not about Nick, it's about everyone else who won't comply. Read it again.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

When I say 'they' I'm clearly talking about the snowflakes. But you already knew that.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I think that, in the past, more people were exposed to real difficulty

I can defiantly agree with that. But then again , because I am not a millennial, I can't really say how hard it is for kids today vs when I was growing up.

When I was growing up my parents beat me and molested my little sister and when I ran away from home at 15 they never even tried to find me....so yeah I can say that most didn't have it as hard as I did, but that doesn't make them weak.

Most of the posters here didn't have it near as hard as I did living on the streets at 15 but I bet if i call them weak they will get real butt hurt about it. You don't know how strong you really are till a crack head puts a loaded gun in your face....

It's all about prospective.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If I knew how to add pics I would add some pics of samurai with their man buns.

I wonder if he thinks samurai were weak?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I think more people had it rough like you did, than you realize. When bad things happen to people, they assume they are the only ones to endure pain.

Same thing you said above in this statement.

All of them every single one? Again you paint an entire generation with a single brush just based of what you here on the msm.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

No I didn't. You have not made it clear what % of millennial you think are snowflakes.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

No I didn't. You have not made it clear what % of millennial you think are snowflakes.

Do I look like a calculator to you?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

No man, every single person I ever met has had it hard at some point including the millennials.

That's the point I am making. You call them snowflakes yet you have no real understanding of the hard choices they have had to make.

Calling people snowflakes is just a way for older guys to feel superior to the young.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

No man, every single person I ever met has had it hard at some point including the millennials.

That's the point I am making. You call them snowflakes yet you have no real understanding of the hard choices they have had to make.

Calling people snowflakes is just a way for older guys to feel superior to the young.

For the record 'Man', I didnt initially call them Snowflakes, The guy in the article did.

You didn't read the article did you?

You realize this statement you made is bias right?

edit on 24-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yes I read it.
Just sounded like some old guy crying about how things were different in his day.

Maybe the author is the true snowflake here?

Saying the word man was not ment to offend you , I'm sorry.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You realize this statement you made is bias right?

yes. Ironic that you would point that out.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Man didn't offend me, the entire sentence you posted could have were I in fact a snowflake.

I'm trying to make a point here, you toss stuff out but when it's tossed back at you, you get all flakey about it.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yea, except the comment I responded to said "millennial 'men'" as a blanket statement.

If you're going to insert yourself into direct replies, try reading all of them so you know what you're talking about. GWOT has been fought largely by millennials. There are plenty of millennials like Nick. And plenty of them grew long hair and beards and wear tight pants once they're out.

The article is an opinion piece, and it's an idiotic opinion. The problem with Army recruit training is the training itself. If somebody is able to make it through their entire training pipeline without learning a modicum of discipline and obedience to orders then that's a failure to train. The entire point of recruit training is take soft civilians who are undisciplined and turn them into hardened servicemembers who can obey an order.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Tough call, as they most likely didn't wear tight pants. At least not often.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Dude. It's late for your nap. You're cranky. The kids will be fine. As we were.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'd answer but I'm afraid you might set that woman on me in your profile.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Tough call, as they most likely didn't wear tight pants. At least not often.

Yamamoto Tsunetomo, author of The Hagakure (The Book of the Samurai), also used make up. He could gut you in one strike but he's obviously a fairy according to some people.

edit on 24-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join