It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckets of rocks are Pennsylvania schools’ last defense against shooters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

link to pocket slingshot

assign each kid with one of these and a bag of marbles. What could happen?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

"rural Pennsylvania school district has equipped all 200 of its classrooms with buckets of rocks that students and teachers could use as a “last line of defense” in the event of a school shooting, the district’s superintendent said on Friday.

The buckets are just one of the measures that Blue Mountain School District in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania, has put in place this academic year, along with security cameras, secured building entrances and fortified classroom doors, Superintendent David Helsel said in a telephone interview.

“We didn’t want our students to be helpless victims,” Helsel said. “River stones were my idea"

I guess a bucket of Rocks is better than nothing and Superintendent Helsel has established a great legacy for the Blue Mountin School district.

I guess an armed guard is to expensive and/or unreliable.

I have posted this before...good thing someone is listening.....I used the example of a Nighclub full of patron each having at least one egg-sized rock in their possession....then using actors run the scenario of a gunman coming in and opening fire with a paintball gun....IMHO the 150-200 or more people would kill this gunman in less than 3 minutes...people launching potentially fatal egg-sized rocks at his head is going to drop him like a wet sack of crap.

Set up a Watermelon and let your friends launch rocks as hard as they can and you will learn what I mean....I have carried a rock like this even egg-shaped for most of my lifetime right alongside my pocketknife....something to be said about people cutting you off in traffic there actually.....lol.

Just set up the scenario and remember that it only takes ONE OR TWO MAYBE THREE HEAD SHOTS TO PUT YOU DOWN AND OUT....so this guys doesn't get to just keep shooting ....once he has been tagged a few times the exercise is OVER and he is DEAD....use properly weighted paint-eggs and lay into this shooter and then do with him what you may...he will likely be unconscious so the opportunities are literally endless as to where and how the individual may end up.

Everyone should have a least one PET ROCK....name it and paint that name on it in case your local civil authorities try to tell you you should die unarmed and quietly and that you cannot carry rocks in your pockets to defend yourselves....caring for your pet rock is not the same as carrying a weapon....so everyone ought to go find themselves a Pet Rock and care for it wel keeping it with you every single day...Ladies with big purses can carry two if they like one for them and one for a friend.....lol.

Egg-sized rocks kill they don't just leave marks.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-3-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

"rural Pennsylvania school district has equipped all 200 of its classrooms with buckets of rocks that students and teachers could use as a “last line of defense” in the event of a school shooting, the district’s superintendent said on Friday.

The buckets are just one of the measures that Blue Mountain School District in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania, has put in place this academic year, along with security cameras, secured building entrances and fortified classroom doors, Superintendent David Helsel said in a telephone interview.

“We didn’t want our students to be helpless victims,” Helsel said. “River stones were my idea"

I guess a bucket of Rocks is better than nothing and Superintendent Helsel has established a great legacy for the Blue Mountin School district.

I guess an armed guard is to expensive and/or unreliable.

Is this the link you meant?
www.usnews.com...

The link in your OP goes somewhere else...???

Still only in PA would going all "medieval" be ok?
Neanderthal 101 anybody?

Now that I'm done joking around, the same people who've tried to turn our kids into "caring and sharing" whiney crybabies are now encouraging them to stand up for themselves.

That's different.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deluxe
a reply to: olaru12

Only a matter of time before A student flips out and rocks someone to death in the classroom.

Yea but then how do you ban rocks?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't believe I was advocating arming children with anything, much less wrist rockets. Good lord, that'd be a catastrophe waiting to happen. I was commenting that wrist rockets are surprisingly powerful, that's all.

Not a huge fan of armed guards, either...but that along with increased awareness and additional measures to protect the classrooms themselves are better than nothing.

Sorry you misunderstood me.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

David sure did a number on Goliath with one.

King David had a sling (that period's firearm) .
Makes one wonder what if they had "sling control" back then....

edit on 3/23/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Ever get Hit with a Good multi-edged Rock ? Hurts like a Mo Fo , you might even Drop your Gun........Hmm...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Ever get Hit with a Good multi-edged Rock ? Hurts like a Mo Fo , you might even Drop your Gun........Hmm...

That sounds like a threat! Noted....

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's really not a bad idea. I know a lot of you would like a bucket of guns in every classroom instead, but no.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

'nuff said

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The kids with rocks in their rooms are statistically more likely to slip in the shower and die or be struck by lightening than to be shot at school.

So if it takes a bucket of rocks to make them comfortable then they actually are showing more educations at that school than all the rest so far.

This is what we need more of in school. That is comfort.
edit on 26-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join