It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel: “Islam has become part of Germany.”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Merkel ally defiant in row over Islam's place in Germany
uk.reuters.com...

BERLIN (Reuters) - German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said on Friday he would not change his views on Islam, striking a defiant note just two days after Chancellor Angela Merkel put him down for challenging the place of the religion in Germany.

Merkel appointed Seehofer, who leads her conservative Bavarian allies, to her cabinet as interior minister under a coalition deal struck earlier this month. Barely a week into the job, he has already strained the fragile ‘grand coalition’.

“I will not change my politics a jot,” Seehofer told Der Spiegel magazine, which said he was deeply annoyed by Merkel contradicting him.

A week ago, Seehofer told the Bild daily that “Islam does not belong” in Germany, prompting Merkel to say on Wednesday during her first government statement to parliament since starting her fourth term in office: “Islam has become part of Germany.

Seehofer also said that militant Islamists pose a threat to national security and said there should be border controls between neighbouring EU states so long as the European Union’s external borders are not controlled effectively.

Seehofer, who during the 2015 refugee crisis repeatedly criticised Merkel’s “open-door” policy for asylum seekers, reaffirmed his plans to curb migration and facilitate deportations of those who have no right to stay.”

So it is now apparent that the Globalist Merkel is tearing down what Germany used to stand for over years of tradition to something that is more "multicultural" by stating that Islam is now a part of Germany as she continues to allow all these refugees in practicing their religion in the country.

To silence the voice of the people, she is shutting down Seehofer who now pretty much stands to lose his job after Merkel used him to gain popular vote to be re-elected.

For those of you of who don't know the historical religious aspect of Germany...

www.internations.org...

About 65% to 70% of the population are followers of the Christian religion in Germany. They are more or less evenly split between the mainstream denominations of Lutheran-Protestantism and Calvinism united in the EKD (Evangelical Church in Germany) and the Roman Catholic Church. Due to the historical development of religion in Germany, these denominations are concentrated in specific regions.

In the course of the Protestant Reformation and the ensuing Thirty Years’ War in the 15th and 16th centuries, religion in Germany ended up being distributed according to the preferences of local rulers: Therefore, most areas in the South or West (especially Bavaria and Northrhine-Westphalia) are Catholic while the North and East are mainly Protestant. However, the Communist regime of the former DDR (German Democratic Republic) frowned upon religion in Germany’s eastern parts until the reunification in 1990. This explains why the percentage of self-confessed atheists is particularly high in these federal states.

Other strands of Christian religion in Germany are the so-called Free Evangelical Churches, a loose union of congregations adhering to Baptism, Methodism and related faiths such as the Mennonites, as well as the two Orthodox churches. Christian evangelism in Germany goes back to U.S. American missionary efforts in the 19th century. Both the Greek-Orthodox and the Russian-Orthodox religion in Germany became established here with the Greek and Serbian immigrant population in the 1960s and 1970s.

So you can see Christianity and Islam will now be clashing. That means only one thing...these refugees will combat any religion other than their own and will try and take over. This is my guess because they have not assimilated well enough into the country, let alone, able to accept Germany as their foster country.

Things do not look well for Germans at the moment. The great Trojan Horse has been let in and accepted as a "gift". Let's see what happens.

edit on 23-3-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Considering the traditional 'union' between the Lutherans of Germany and the German government, I'm curious what their position on all these events are.....

edit on 23-3-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Considering the traditional 'union' between the Lutherans of Germany and the German government, I'm curious what their position on all these events are.....

With Merkel on a power trip these other voices will not be heard or tolerated is my opinion.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A bit ironic in that the nation that terrorized and killed Jews are now hosting Muslims who will terrorize and kill Christians.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

AND Jews.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Europe is a lost cause. Let them do what they want. I dont even care anymore. They deserve what they get.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Since the 60's Germany has invited so called "guest workers" mostly from Turkey, most of them have stayed and are now home here in the third generation. They're Muslim-ish most of them don't even pray anymore just a small uneducated minority as it is with all religions, they're around 3 millions and they know no other home than Germany.

Seehofer stands to loose his job? No. Just no. Laughable actually.

If you're so worried about Germany you should read this.
But you won't, right? It's so much more fun appealing to scared idiots. It's the same stupid rethoric like not so long ago "the jews will take over!"

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The difference between the guest workers and the refugees (this is what I have seen in the part of Germany I lived in for 4 years, just came back stateside) those guest workers speak german, work, and have fully integrated into the local culture.

Many of the refugees are not working so there is no incentive to learn the language, or the culture and quite often end up hanging out with people they know rather than getting to know the locals.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I am sorry that I can only give one star for your posting.

This is the kind of threads which feeds on emotions and emotions alone.

More fear, my dear?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They're not allowed to work, mostly they are not even allowed to leave the centres in which they have to wait if their asylum will be granted and for most of them it is straight back to Afghanistan, or whatever, of course they don't integrate, they're not supposed to, they're just waiting till it's kind of save in their home country and they get sent back.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They are by law not allowed to work!

Integrational offers:
* DAZ ("Deutsch als Zweitsprache" = learning German as your second language) is a really successful school subject, many teachers I know of are speaking very highly of this!
* Integration courses Source
* many more listings, for example local integration course etc. Source

Yes, there are bad people. Up until now, more than 92% of all crimes in Germany are commited by Germans. So the refugees might be just a chance for an aging population so that the "Generationenvertrag" intergenerational contract can pay out for the pensions in the future, too.
Without new workers, the pensions would drop significantly! This was a major worry for politicians in the last decades.
Oh, you think that the refugees will stay unemployed? There are statistics which say different.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Congratulations Radical Islam...

Y’all did the impossible:
Got a Texan conservative to root for Germany..

-Chris

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

More fear, my dear?

A strange looking chap with a large knife is loitering around your front porch. Your neighbour calls you "Hey man, there's someone with a large knife outside your house, thought you should know."

"Stop with the scaremongering nosy neighbour *click*"

?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am actually not blaming them, but relating what I have seen.

I get they are not allowed to work, but at least in the area I was living North Rhine Westphalia not a lot of jobs for unskilled labor so even when they get to the point they can wander the town they still cant find work.

Then everything I stated still comes to pass, and some Germans I know went from we have to help these people to these people need to go home.
This includes my Turkish land lord and his family, they are sympathetic but are of the opinion once you can stay you need to make an effort to become German like they did.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
If you're so worried about Germany you should read this.
But you won't, right? It's so much more fun appealing to scared idiots. It's the same stupid rethoric like not so long ago "the jews will take over!"

I read that article and it looks like someone went to great lengths to find statistic to make it look like Islam is on the decline. There are a lot of other articles to cite such as this one which shows a growth. As always, you can use statistics to state whatever you want. It depends on what outcome you want. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lol

Birds of a feather do what now?

ASKING FOR MY MOM.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yep!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

More fear, my dear?

The OP seems to quote facts. That there is fear as a result, is hardly surprising and not unreasonable. So posting that it feeds emotions alone is not the case. You like the situation, overall? Fair enough. Your call.

You can keep your 'religious-free, multi-cultural EU. I will pass, thanks,

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

What's the problem? You don't believe in freedom of religion?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

More fear, my dear?

A strange looking chap with a large knife is loitering around your front porch. Your neighbour calls you "Hey man, there's someone with a large knife outside your house, thought you should know."

"Stop with the scaremongering nosy neighbour *click*"

?

Did you just compare people who practice Islam to knife wielding scary people? You know this is pretty much the same as making a "Big Scary Black Man" argument right?

<<   2  3 >>

join