It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight simulator X players?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Does anyone play flight simulator X on vatsim? I used to play a lot actually.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: detachment3
The pilot of the MH370 played it, if i remember right...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
The pilot of the MH370 played it, if i remember right...

It has been used in the past as a test simulator. I remember talking to a guy about how the certified simulator is crap compared to FSX. I never used a certified simulator but I have "flown" a plane lol. FSX is pretty helpful and on point

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hey detachment3, i nvr knew there was something like vatsim (Virtual Air Traffic Simulation network) and sounds like it would be very exciting to file a flight plan there and try it for real after you played Flight Simulator X for some time. Can anybody do that or do you need to have a pilot license to be able to join the network? What made you play in vatsim, do ever fly a real plane before?

Wouldn't have the confidence myself even if anybody could do it, but i did buy FSX after using the cracked version for years and seeing this video where people where playing together and it looked like a lot of fun, which it really was.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

duded i havent seen this video in a while, it still makes me cry. theres quite of few of these around.

sometimes it actually is like this especially at slower traffic airports or regions, but mostly its professional. anyone can join, but they frown upon people heavily messing around. the network was built to help people get comfortable. i have flown a real plane, this helped me get used to having to constantly talk to ATC while flying the plane.

DCS World is harder to get going but its absolutely the most bad ass air combat simulator out there. when i say its hard to get going, expect an hour or 2 of learning the aircraft before you even start engines lol.

if youre really interested let me know ill set my rig back up and we can do some flights. im not on steam though. i use squakbox to log into the network i think.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
BOSS!!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
safe to say no one really plays games haha

(post by Dyamiragma removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join