It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush has heard enough from "junior senator from Massachusetts"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
news.bostonherald.com...

So Kerry wanted to set up a private meeting with Bush to discuss Iraq. The President has yet to respond.

Note to Kerry: Bush just beat your "asterick", why would he want advice from you?

Bush is doing the right thing. Why pay attention to a "junior senator", who most likely will not be re-elected in his 2006 Senate Race?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thats funny!

I wouldn't give that POS any of my time either, I mean after all Bush IS the President not that non180signingpossenatorfrommass.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Kerry is desperately trying to set himself up for another run in 08 but even the dems aint that dumb.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Love Kerry or hate Kerry, he had nearly 50% of the popular vote. So, regardless of what his position is in the Senate, the American public respects his opinion and so should the President.

Any President that is not interested in listening to a person that nearly 50% of the USA's population favors is a very scary President who obviously doesnt care about the publics opinion.

By doing this, not needing to worry about reelection again, he is basically saying F-YOU to 50% of the US's public (the half that didnt vote for him).

And thats SCARY as heck.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Love Kerry or hate Kerry, he had nearly 50% of the popular vote. So, regardless of what his position is in the Senate, the American public respects his opinion and so should the President.

Any President that is not interested in listening to a person that nearly 50% of the USA's population favors is a very scary President who obviously doesnt care about the publics opinion.

By doing this, not needing to worry about reelection again, he is basically saying F-YOU to 50% of the US's public (the half that didnt vote for him).

And thats SCARY as heck.

I have some coaching experience. When I beat another coach, I'd shake his hand and wish him luck. Do you think I would want to listen to his advice? I just beat him, I WON, HE LOST. He has no advice worth offering me.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hmm...I would consider listening to Kerry. Oh wait, I just remembered, he had nothing new to offer. I am still waiting on that secret plan he had for Iraq *cough* *cough*

[edit on 18-2-2005 by robina]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by skippytjc

And thats SCARY as heck.

I have some coaching experience. When I beat another coach, I'd shake his hand and wish him luck. Do you think I would want to listen to his advice? I just beat him, I WON, HE LOST. He has no advice worth offering me.

Your analogy has nothing to do with our topic. Bush's "winning" was a matter of vote. Coaching a sport is a totally different thing. The "winning" of a game IS the end goal. Where a "winning" president is somebody who makes great decisions that represent the majority of the people. The election is part of the journey, its not the game itself.

A "winning" politician has more PUBLIC support than other politicians in REAL decisions regarding a countries condition. So, for Bush to be a "winner", he needs as much public support as possible. And he needs Kerry's supporters in order to "win". You have somehow twisted what is going on here. Don’t confuse winning an election with being a good president. A good president represents the majority of the public when making decisions, not winning elections.

I feel sad that you equate Bush’s successes based on election results and not his ability to represent the American public as best he can. It frightens me that a president could care less about what nearly 50% of his populace wants. And its short thinkers like you, who don’t understand what’s going on, who are enabling him to do it.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Everyone I would love to have an answer to the following question so give it a try:

How would you fight terrorism?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

news.bostonherald.com...

So Kerry wanted to set up a private meeting with Bush to discuss Iraq. The President has yet to respond.

Note to Kerry: Bush just beat your "asterick", why would he want advice from you?

Bush is doing the right thing. Why pay attention to a "junior senator", who most likely will not be re-elected in his 2006 Senate Race?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Carseller4]

IMO, the biggest problem Bush has is the inability to listen to the ideas and opinions of people on the other side of the political specturm. Iraq is going to make him or break him, and right now, I get the impression that he thinks everything is perfect, and that anyone with advice for him who's not a republican is automaticaly wrong. Bush needs some fresh ideas for not just Iraq, but the whole war on terror.

Furthermore, Bush is always telling congress to stop bickering about their petty differences and just unite and get things done. If he wants to say that to them, then he should start doing that himself.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

That's the thing... a nation is not a hockey/football/baseball game. When you become President, you don't "beat" the half of the nation that didn't vote for you and rub their nose in it, you do your damnedest to represent them as best you can.

top topics

join