It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Disclosure; why the government and insiders are afraid to tell us what is going on

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Good luck expecting the masses to accept your views. For they (your views) are spot on. Who would suspect that a simple question would pose so much merit - "who said that since these UAPs are flying in the atmosphere and possibly beyond, they are from elsewhere?". They don't say "Ask the NAVY, not the AF" for no reason.

As I said, good luck spreading the truth...
edit on 13-3-2018 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Very well done!!

In my shamanic travels with the spirit molecules, the phenomenon seems to be fairly Jungian but with a little outside influence that can't be understood by verbal monkeys. "Supernatural" is about as close as we're allowed to get and even then something just doesn't seem right

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill
If you dig into abductions and the frightening hybrid agenda, you immediatly understand why disclosure will never happen.

Yeah I read Jacobs books there pretty scary and REAL

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'll dare pose another question, one that I'm sure was pondered upon in those think tanks you mentioned - do extraterrestrials see UAPs/UFOs?

*drops mic, grabs coat and jumps off stage*

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What “disclosure” has become is a euphemism for telling us secrets about aliens and UFOs that people think the governments, particularly the US government, are hiding.

And as I have said in the past, "disclosure" to most people means that the government tells them exactly what they already believe. If not, then it's disinformation. As if the truth ever depended on what I thought.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You have made some great arguments with solid logic at their foundations, but I wonder if there's another possibility that might be valid? What if there are travelers from outside of the Earth's atmosphere that HAVE been visiting the planet, but they are not here to take selfies in front of an Amazon Sphere? Instead, they have some sort of sinister agenda that is so horrible that those who are "in the know" have decided that it is better for the rest of us to remain oblivious (ignorance is bliss?). I'll leave it up to the reader's imagination as to what could be so awful that the truth must remain hidden at ANY COST.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!
edit on 3132018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
I'll leave it up to the reader's imagination as to what could be so awful that the truth must remain hidden at ANY COST.

If it's that life is a horrific nightmare of pain and decay that will likely end badly for all of us, I already knew that.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
Instead, they have some sort of sinister agenda that is so horrible that those who are "in the know" have decided that it is better for the rest of us to remain oblivious (ignorance is bliss?).

Yes, that's possible, the "V" scenario. They're coming to eat us kind of thing. In fact, an interesting sub-set of this is the attitudes of the UFO "Gurus." Greer, for example, says all the aliens are "good" where DeLonge tends to favor the "Bad aliens" approach. They both claim to be "insiders" to some degree. Though they take the opposite point of view in regards to the aliens' intent, their modus operandi is exactly the same. It involves insiders wanting to expose the coverup when the time is right, the very same thing that was told to Bill Moore years ago. That can't possibly be a coincidence, IMO. It points to an orchestrated attempt that involves disinformation and the usual plausible deniability. In fact, I think this is what happened to Lazar. I spent many years criticizing him for his lies about his degrees, but I've come to believe he was set up. They knew he was likely to blow the whistle, but they also knew he was easily discredited.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I used to be an avid Sci-fi fan many decades back and there isn't many scenarios that hasn't had pen put to paper, though.

You'd be surprised at what I 'believe'. Yours is in a similar....magnitude, I admit. I will leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There is life Jim, but not as we know it.

In all my travels there are no two places exactly the same. I expect this trend to continue the further and deeper we look into and understand this universe. For those that choose to deny that life extends past our atmosphere, deep under ground and in other realms we are yet to understand is probably better for them than confronting the complexity of it.

For those that choose to push the boundaries, it is full of risks and uncertainty. Personally I do see that the disclosure process is already taking place. There is plenty of information out there and it is growing. As for sorting out the facts from the fiction, its game on.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

crap

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Very interesting OP. I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

I don't think there will ever be "disclosure", unless push comes to shove, and they have no choice but to tell us.

If it was good news, they would have shared it decades ago, as in "GOOD NEWS! go to your nearest park today and get your immunizations for cancer, mental illness, and all your ills, customized just for your personal DNA, and pick up the postage-stamp size gadget to place on the roof of your home, and receive free energy forever, and oh, flying cars will be available for those who can afford them".

And such.

But we get .... crickets. It's not good news, if there is any news at all.
Global panic. It's what they fear.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Nice thread. I love that question - did Jesus visit the alien planets too?

I'm not buying the idea, mention4d by someone in reply, that there is some sinister, evil alien plan. Basically, if they are even just a little bit ahead of us technologically (which they must be to get here) then they could easily wipe us out. If they are after something our body produces, then they could just create it synthetically. It just doesn't add up.

So assuming they have good (or at least don't have bad) intentions, which of your 2 possibilities is most likely? Can I add a third - humans from the future?

If the government acknowledging interdimentional entities would cause a crisis in spirituality, science, etc - the government could just say they are from some distant planet, surely? Hiding their existence altogether is a much bigger lie than just lying about where they originate.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Millions

You don't consider the possibility that we have something they want?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

What do we have that isn't easier to get on any old rock or gas-ball that orbits literally every other star and planet? There was a time, 50+ years ago, when we believed we were special like that, but that time has past. We can make water out of moon rocks, you know?

The only things we have here that are even remotely unique is our art and our religious beliefs. Hell, even the old saw that they came down here to mate with our women is goofy. They could easily clone all the "mates" they might ever desire from the first few samples they took.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Great thread! I have long suspected that the answer (if one exists) leans closer to the IDH side of things myself. Once I realized how goofy the ETH was in terms of sheer distance (and other great filters, like time since the first second generation stars and planets, for example), it just made sense.

Coincidentally, that's when I stopped hoping to meet some myself. For all of the reasons Rand was concerned, honestly.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

double post

I awarded Your Texas as I LOVED this copy the best.. See?, some 'cloning' can be "good"...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

What do we have that isn't easier to get on any old rock or gas-ball that orbits literally every other star and planet? There was a time, 50+ years ago, when we believed we were special like that, but that time has past. We can make water out of moon rocks, you know?

The only things we have here that are even remotely unique is our art and our religious beliefs. Hell, even the old saw that they came down here to mate with our women is goofy. They could easily clone all the "mates" they might ever desire from the first few samples they took.

We don't really know what we have that is unique because we don't know what they have, or don't have.
It could be that WE as well as our planet are unique. Period.
edit on 3/13/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

schuyler- Isn't the story about 'cargo cults' interesting?

signed,

John Fromm Flori-Duh...

If You're really asking.. I'd rather the canine grow a disposable thumb then fiddle w/"lil green Men" (why is it always "Men/Man"?? This must PROVE that the existence of "aliens" means there is a God. You know because God is a Man.. I always read "He" "He" "He" Then the Bible™ outlawed Adams first wife, so it must be...)

** It must be noted that I refer to God as being the same as in the New Testament; King James Version II; 3rd revision. Not the Old Teste, mean One with pus and petulance ...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The elements that exist on our planet are the same elements that were forged in the furnaces of first and second generation stars. We do know. Saying we don't is silly.

I stand by my assertions: the only thing we have going for us in any sort of unique sense is the things humans have created with their own hands: art, literature, music, religion.

Everything else is plentiful, "out there."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join