It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with Disclosure; why the government and insiders are afraid to tell us what is going on

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hmmm, there are 'control mechanisms' in virtually every group. Religious or secular.

The 'team player' button is the most common example. For me, balance is the issue. No control? That's the one leading the way, at least empirically, in the west which is the anarchist mentality. It flat out doesn't work.

Then again the point you make is also valid and lacks 'balance'. I don't have a problem with LDS, per say.

I will skirt with what you imply a little bit. I 'believe' the mechanism you refer to is no longer in play or 'active', if you will. I believe it's being done more out of habit than anything else, if you get my drift. A weak analogy might be the pyramids...especially if the locals were still building them, that is.....

JMO, though.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The truth is probably reality shattering and the world would go through a lot of upheaval and unrest (as OPsuggested). I think it would be worth it. Humanity already goes through a lot of pain and suffering from our current ideologies, practices, cultures, beliefs etc... A reality-shattering experience might open a door for worldwide change. A better humanity for the future. We'd just have to go through a tough time first.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I read something years ago about disclosure. It was some report on the idea of ET's and how and when to tell the general public. I have searched repeatedly for that document without success. So, as best as I can recall:

The general public should be informed of the existence of alien life but only after a lengthy period of indoctrination using the popular media of the time. The general public needs to be prepared for such news as it would threaten their belief system.

I always felt that this is one of the reasons God has been removed from as much of our lives as government can manage. Raise a generation of people who question the existence of God equally with the existence of aliens and you are nearly there. I think the original plan was to avoid the chaos in the streets scenario but with buildings being burned down and cars overturned when a sports team wins, or loses, I have to believe avoiding the chaos is just a cute idea at this point.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thanks for the post. A lot of varying points supporting multiple arguments. Ironically none, of which, can be proven with any substantive data. I disagree with your concluding statement "Basically our entire concept of reality would be overthrown" because it is as assuming as the very government you hold in contempt their assumptions about how the general public would react in the face of "real disclosure". The simple fact is none of us know how the public would react because we have no precedent of this magnitude.

I would offer an alternative opinion. I think people would be more accepting than you might imagine. "Religion" as we know it today is VASTLY different than hundreds and even thousands of years ago. The religions of today have become less about spirituality and more about politicization. People are making less daily decisions based on a spiritual belief. The numbers for the traditional "faith based" religions are on rapid decline while the politicized religions such as Islam are on massive upticks. Proof of the politicization of religion. Islam has become a political tool masquerading as a religion.

More and more people make decisions devoid of any existential belief in a "higher authority".

We have an entirely new generation on the planet ruled by technology, manipulated on a daily basis on whatever the current mainstream narrative is and we have never been more divided at any point in history. Information is now transmitted real time world wide. Entire populations can be easily manipulated within hours with what once took months.

Because mainstream religions have become so devoid of spirituality this would make people more open to accepting a new order of things. I believe THIS is the reason "they" would not release any level of "real disclosure" because that would start a movement "they" could not contain. "They" want to maintain the control "they" have and "they" cannot have people becoming free thinkers based on a new discovery of ancient information.

In the end it is simply about maintaining control. Regardless of what the actual truth is. "They" will always control the perceived reality of the masses purely out of their desire to maintain control.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
a reply to: Tinel

So, to sum up, I think there can be little doubt governments (at least the government of the United States) are withholding information. Which, as addressed in this thread, begs the question "why?"

Congrats on your first post, btw :-D
A member since 2010 and now - silent no more !
Welcome to the discussion...

Thank you sir!It's good to be here.

"Why?" Looking at secrets in general,they are usually about bad things.It is higly likely that there is something "dark" about this phenomenon,something that once you are briefed on you understand the reason for the secrecy.I believe there is a legitimate reason for the classified nature of the phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What if, rather than being more horrific than we could possible imagine, our true being and nature here is more glorious than we could fathom? What if our overlords keep us in the dark about our reality here in order to keep us subjugated from the truth that if we truly believed, we could move mountains?

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi Schuyler and thank you.

Re: Government insiders - are believed to be the Majestic Twelve with their multi-billion dollar black ops budget.

Argument against disclosure. It's been said that (ostensibly) if the Majestic Twelve ever discloses what they know, that ordinary citizens will crash the stock market, panic (as in scenes from old Godzilla movies) and jump out of windows. Therefore, the Majestic Twelve is keeping us safe by keeping us from jumping out of windows.

The real question therefore becomes, "What good is the Majestic Twelve if their information is kept to themselves?"
Oh, I know.... it's all classified and won't be declassified for a thousand years. Then what's the benefit to the taxpayers who pay these 12 individuals' salaries? Classified or unclassified, what's in it for the taxpayers?

Of course classified information is vital for what must be withheld from enemy countries.

But ET has declared war on all countries, or so it seems, based on their practices of kidnappings and shooting down military aircraft. Enough of that, real questions ought to point back to the Majestic Twelve - the keepers of all knowledge of UFOs and their flight crews, and there needs to be a GAO audit of the Magestic Twelve's budget.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
If we are being visited by intelligent life from beyond our solar system, it’s obvious they don’t want to reveal themselves. So get over they don’t want to talk to you. Ufologists are so obsessed, I am surprised Intelligence extraterrestrials that choose to remain reclusive don’t file restraining orders. As long as extraterrestrials are here to observe, don’t they have rights to remain reclusive?

Then why do they like to fly around military bases most of them time, and the rest they like to show off with stunning light displays and aerial moves.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

Um, "majestic twelve" was debunked as a hoax in like the 80's. Then it eventually came out Reagan / the DOD fabricated the document as part of their "Perception Management" (diversionary propaganda) games.
edit on 14-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Honestly I'm still boggling with the fact if it's an religious aspect we see today or an extraterrestrial phenomena.

In my shamanic explorations, I have found that it's not an either/or situation; Infact all balled up into a quantum expression of entities not bound by primitive physics and boundaries that our species is shackled by.
Surrealistic paranormal mythological lifeforms that the English language can't describe or comprehend... Some indigenous people have words that describe "it" but have no English translation.

Physical reality is just one intonation of the myriad forms of the mysterious existence.

edit on 14-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thank you for your discussion and input. I suggest all readers familiarize themselves with a couple of things: 1. Matilda O'Donnell Macellory based on the Roswell Crash alien, supposedly. Some have compared the interview to Scientology, however, keep in mind that L Ron Hubbard met with and published Dionetics after several conversations with the founder of JPL, Jack Parsons, and was in the birthplace of the California aerosponse / military industrial complex epicenter. 2. Lacerta Interview. The whole idea of Reptilian species was silly and so ridiculous, until I started hearing from people in other UAPs that there is high probability of such a species. This interview is with a an advanced Terran species, supposedly. Very interesting and corroborates highly with what Bill Thomkins has been saying.

Regardless, the issue is complex and anyone who claims to have the all the answers will not be credible. I know 100% for a fact that ET is in contact and communication with the US Govm't. Intent and extent is complex and varied. Implications are significant, specifically intent of agenda of the various groups and extent of control within the government. Unfortunately, as the thread creator has implied reaction will vary from multi-generational acceptance to as George Bush said, "If people knew the truth, they would be in the streets with pitchforks." It gets to the question of who we really are and the answer will be truly humbling, as I think.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

Anyone in this era who is dismissive of the phenomena as hoax or invokes religious overtones / superstition with regard to multidimensionality aspects of this will never gather what is actually occurring. At the end of the day this will be about two things, technology and science tthat is hidden from the public discourse and neuroadaption, which will only be relieved by genetic engineering or enhancement of the human brain.

RIP SH; some of us are smarter than others but for all humanity to understand the math, and develop the consciousness, we will have to become homo-optimus. This is just the way it is for future celestial navigation

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ahhh, Tom DeLonge-the guy who used to joke about canine fellatio and told the crowd to shut up because the arpeggio was hard to play (I owned the live blink 182 album before it was stolen.)

UFO's don't equate to alien craft, simple as that. Remember George Adamski? the guy who claimed that he met beautiful blonde venusians? yeah that's not possible. In my opinion a lot of these 'disclosurists' are just snake oil salesman like Greer and Delonge who pretty much say 'disclosure is coming...now! no wait it's coming...now! no wait...now!' it does a disservice to the genuine ufologists who do the hard yard like the Micah Hanks and the Nick Redferns who actually do a little thing called research.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What if the alien dont talk to us is
that they see US as horrendous and sick.
we do still put kittens puppy's
and babies in to a microwave ovens!!!
and thats just the start......

would you make contact with a race like that?
That turn a blind eye to it all,
and see it as some thing you just have to live with.
and I am not saying ban microwaves...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

I know 100% for a fact that ET is in contact and communication with the US Govm't.

I know people that know for a fact jets did not hit the twin towers on 9/11.

I know for a fact there is a God.

Faith is not evidence. Innuendo and false authority is not evidence.

Do you have proof and motive why extraterrestrials would contact governments? Much less how they cover the vast distances of space, and how they communicate with earthly governments. In body? Via Skype? On the alien red phone? Postcards?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Then we are being withold from those that have the ability to know what we are experiencing could in fact unleash us from those shackles.

There is something in my quest that I've learned or think to have learned that is either just imagination or it really seems possible doing..

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Interesting replies overnight. Thank you. I’d like to address one issue that has been mentioned several times, and that is that "disclosure" has already happened, or that we don’t need the government for it at all, or the aliens don’t want to talk to us. Or even why would aliens talk to governments anyway? These issues are why I tried to define “Disclosure,” ineptly, at the outset. For our purposes “Disclosure” means, by definition, disclosure by governments, particularly that of the United States, of what these governments know, no matter how they may have obtained the information. That does not preclude individuals or groups from knowledge, even in depth knowledge, about the issue. Indeed, many of the groups demanding Disclosure are quite certain they know what’s going on already. They do not want “Disclosure” as much as they want confirmation that they are correct. But Disclosure does not mean releasing the Blue Book files, or gun camera footage of some lights in the sky, which is what we have seen lately. Those are crumbs at best, and probably mis-direction.

In a similar vein, it does not matter if the aliens would rather not disclose themselves or whether they intentionally involved the government. The Eisenhower meeting at Holloman may simply be mythology. The basic idea is that the military, in particular, has inserted itself into the issue on the basis of national security. The Roswell craft did not crash on purpose, but the military took over the issue on purpose. That begs the question of ET. Why would a ship that could traverse the stars crash so easily? Because the assumption might be wrong. It might not have been an interstellar craft at all. We just assume that because of our own cultural bias, our Star Trek mentality. That’s a point in favor of the IDH.

Overall the issue isn’t really about aliens (a term I have been using rather loosely, I know.) It’s about the behavior of those people who are holding the secrets. I don’t hold much hope for the Steven Greer, Tom DeLonge, Stephen Bassett approach. They seem both overly eager and strangely inept. I suspect they have been recruited as escape valves to hold the interest of people, giving them no real information at all. It’s a repetitious pattern we have seen over and over again.

The only hing I know 100% for a fact is that I do not know what is going on, really. Like others, I have a few hints based on what other people have said. Most of it is third party stuff. Someone reports what they heard. Internet knowledge is a very low standard of proof. If someone is going to claim insider knowledge, I believe they should be held to a very high standard. There are too many proven hoaxes to blindly accept any story you hear.

edit on 3/14/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Take a walk with the skinwalkers and try to communicate with the "others" with ritual and sacred plants. Speculation is all well and good but investigation will open the doors of perception. I think it's much, much more complex than the startrek mythos as comfortable and familiar as that is. Quantum paranormal non corporeal entities that can pretend to be what you want. What do you want?

fairies vs demons?

Done enough of that...WITHOUT the sacred plants as well...did alot of investigating and found a great many beings involved and highly interested and INVESTED in experiments here.

Most of these beings meant well at some point and got poisoned along the way.

Nothing more riveting than asking..HOW DO WE SEPARATE YOU ALL....so we can be FREE.

The fear is palpable...parasites versus sunlight?

Remembering versus spinning?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You can watch all the UFO stuff on TV and youtube or read all the stories about it but until you've actually seen it with your own eyes most can't even comprehend the notion we are not alone. I've seen it with my own eyes in daylight along with several cops in a major city. Not on single peep about it on the news. Two patrol cars were right there they were just as shocked as me. My grandmother who is a strict catholic that goes to church every day was standing right next to me. She saw it too. Even she's convinced we are not alone. She and I talk about it from time to time but as soon as I bring it up to friends I get laughed out of the room. My only regret is not grabbing my camera. I was in such shock it didn't cross my mind to do it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ufo's like most of us see them, do not exist. They are bundles of consciousness. They come from a planet where consciousness doesn't need a body. They can influence our leaders, but in a good way. The ultimate lifeform could only evolve on a planet far more safer the earth. Earth is a dangerous planet for every life form but not for the so-called ufo's.
www.evawaseerst.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join