It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Porton down must have found out what this substance is by now, whatever it is it’s bloody nasty!

Worrying thing is how nasty is it

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

They should at least by now know whether it was chemical, biological or whatever.

I am pretty sure it was not a dodgy kebab.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
You obviously haven't been to the kebab house down the road from me

...and I bet Corbyn has already got his mate Putin to tell him what it was

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Believe me, I have had some dodgy kebabs in my time. Not kebab related, but I got salmonella poisoning in Agadir which I can assure you was not nice at all. Top tip, if the meat in your tagine of lamb has tiny rat sized vertebrae bones in it you are probably not eating lamb....

Best not have a pop at Comrade Corbyn - the Corbynista tag team will turn up to teach you the error of your ways and generally stifle any dissent.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

...and I bet Corbyn has already got his mate Putin to tell him what it was

The Tories already have their " mates " in The Kremlin,

No need for Corbyn to be involved.

Russia’s state-funded apparatus of “soft power” is directly targeting British politics. An investigation by The Sunday Times has established that Russian expenses for trips have been granted to the leaders of organisations linked to two towering figures in the Conservative Party. Robert Oulds, director of the Bruges Group — whose founder and first president was Margaret Thatcher — toured the Kremlin-funded “Donetsk People’s Republic” in eastern Ukraine.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

See what I mean? It did not take him long to turn up.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is for sure a interesting case.

As already mentioned it is not the first time that the Russians have been implicated in assassination on British soil the question really is if this has been a assassination backed by the Russian government or if its been the act of a rogue individual or group. Back in 2006 when Litvinenko was assassinated following a number of investigations it was determined that the Russian state and Putin himself most likely authorised the assassination. The main suspect Andrey Lugovoy was never extradited despite British attempts and he wound up getting into politics and becoming close to Putin himself. Indeed the Russian state has a well established history of government backed assassinations of those who speak out against the government.

So with this background then for me it seems highly possible that they, the Russian government, have orchestrated this assassination of a former Russian cornel who disclosed the identities of Russian spies to SIS. His entire story reads like something out of a Hollywood script and his death, sadly, seems to fit with that.

Personally at this early stage in the investigation I believe he has been assassinated by the Russian state as opposed to having been killed by another state actor or a rogue individual/group.

The puzzling question is why now?

If we pop on our tin foil hats I think that becomes the most interesting question, particularly when you look at this in the context of the Litvenenko case. Litvenenko was making some very serous accusations about the Putin government before the time of his death witch was also only a few weeks after he had warned Anna Politkovska to get out of Russia because her life was at risk (she was also assassinated). So for me there seems to be a a president for the Russian government conducting assignations to prevent truth getting out or scaring people from talking.

The question then is what did Sergi Skripia know that made the Russians want to kill him.

That for me is what I find most interesting about this case, not who done it but why they done it. It seems pretty clear cut to me that this was the actions of the Russians (I could be wrong, but right now that seems the most likely) but why they done it is not so clear. Its particularly risky during a election and at a time when Russia/UK relations are so low so I would be inclined to believe they must have had good reason for doing this.

Lastly I would also add that I think its quite telling of the times on ATS that a thread like this is not gaining more attraction than it probably should, This is the kind of story that a few years ago on ATS would have been spawning related threads and be on the front page.
edit on 7-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Back to Thatcher, again, are we?

Why do you pop up seemingly in every thread whenever JC is even mildly slated to defend him?

Do you even have a sense of humour?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Who knows? All is just speculation at this stage but there is no harm in that.

The Russian elections are already pretty much rigged in Putin's favour and aa foregone conclusion so I don't see how that might be a factor.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Why do you pop up seemingly in every thread whenever JC is even mildly slated to defend him?

Err No.

Tory Councillor Robert Oulds. If you even bothered to read it.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yes, I am aware of him and the Bruges group and I did read it.

Did Mr Oulds carry out what is this speculated assassination, then? Was it the ghost of Thatcher?

Thank you for confirming that, as I suspected, you have no sense of humour.

Got anything of value to add to what this thread is about?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Lol yes, I was just having a laugh about Corbyn being mates with Putin, it would be a bully/bullied relationship if JC got into power...big Vlad would make him give away his lunch money every day for sure!

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

The medical and chemical evidence, and the effects on the victims, points to a nerve agent. Sources would not discuss which one but the best known are VX and sarin.

link

VX or sarin doesn't scream Russian to me. They're a bit more creative.

Maybe an attempt to put a wedge in between UK and Russian relations.

Earlier articles point out there would be no reason for Russians to do this, he'd already gone to jail and they released him eight years ago. He isn't like past hits.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

And you blame it on Putin?
Who else stands to blame if lose ends aren't cleaned up?

Yes , given past history Putin is the key suspect.

Since this is all relating to the memo and fisa document and alot of corruption prior to the election? I blame the deep state and the clinton foundation or those connected to it.

Not everything that happens in the world is related to your broken political system.
edit on 7-3-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Little Vlad the ImPutin likes to play the spy in-charge, he was in love with the romanticized version of the KGB, but ended up being an unnoticed pencil pusher, and nothing like his idea of a pint sized 007. Then he was picked to be Yeltsin's lacky because he was a loyal puppy. Now any disloyalty to him is punished even if it takes years for ImPutin to get his revenge.
edit on 7-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Earlier articles point out there would be no reason for Russians to do this, he'd already gone to jail and they released him eight years ago. He isn't like past hits.

Putin wanted to send a message, so the MGB found a convenient soft target.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Breaking news at the moment is stating that it was a nerve agent

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The guy was a traitor to his country, I imagine if I was in a similar position I'd be looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life in case the UK wanted me done in.
Putin is prime suspect, he said as much about traitors only days ago. Could easily be a warning to any potentially new spies thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
To add the Police officer that was the first to be in contact with them is also in serious condition and are still in serious condition. Since the investigators know what nerve agent has been used, I hope they all recover but recovery will take a long time.

edit on 07America/Chicagov12pm331 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: DJW001

The guy was a traitor to his country, I imagine if I was in a similar position I'd be looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life in case the UK wanted me done in.
Putin is prime suspect, he said as much about traitors only days ago. Could easily be a warning to any potentially new spies thinking about it.

I'm thinking the message was directed to this side of the pond.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join