It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Easier to get a Gun in School than to get GOD in School"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's Easier to get a Gun in School than to get God in School

Over the last week the nation has been embroiled in a heated debate over "school shootings" and how to solve the problem. The real issue here however is that no one is willing to admit what the real problem is and they are so deeply in denial over it that they refuse to even consider addressing it's root causes.

In fact, because people are so unwilling to admit our real problems, and instead are focused on putting band-aids on the gunshot wounds, that the sad reality is that THIS PROBLEM WILL NOT BE SOLVED and will actually GET WORSE as time progresses forward.

The primary problem here is that we as a nation are completely insane.

We know that the Mainstream Media has ulterior agendas to manipulate the public opinion, but we still watch and follow their leads, allowing them to write and control the narratives of our social order and our very lives. We allow them to determine what possible "solutions" we have available to choose from, such as: more gun control legislation, arming teachers, increasing the so called 'mental health' apparatus and medicating even more kids with poisonous drugs, etc.

Very few if any voices are willing to admit this "mass murder" problem stems from our very culture itself, our mindsets as individuals, and our entire concept of what life is about and our theories of government and what it's ultimate purpose is suppose to be.

Because we as a people are in deep denial and because our concepts are fundamentally flawed we cannot appreciate the situation realistically and when confronted with a sensible realistic solution we will reject it at all costs and invent any justification to do so.

Now, about my thread and it's title and the point I'm going to make:

I am not saying that we need to inject religion into school curriculum, but instead I am making a poignant observation and keen remark of just how far we have fallen as a nation and just how backwards our mentality has become. Because it is actually TRUE that it is easier to get a gun into a school and shoot up your classmates than it is to get God into a school and touch other's Hearts with something meaningful and valuable in the Spiritual sense.

Our nation absolutely rejects the proposition of teaching "Morality" at all to children in public schools, even if that lesson on morality were disconnected from any particular religious bent. We could merge all world religions into a set of shared values and morals, and then teach them in a consistent fair way without giving favor to any religion over any other.

Religion itself originated in mankind's need for moral direction via basic rules of thumb, like don't steal don't kill don't lie. Basic things like this. So don't bother arguing church vs state because it's clear that our Laws themselves reflect these moral ideals still to this day. That is because religion was the original set of laws, whether it be codified in the Torah (which means "Law"), or whether it be related through mythological tales that served to relate an important moral lesson.

Look at our Culture today. Look at how immoral it really is at it's core.

link   
The Selfie Culture

We as a people have become entirely self-centered and Narcissistic in our social theology. We worship famous film stars, musicians, athletes, political hacks, and even ourselves. Everything is ME ME ME ME and ME. All the time, 24/7.

You are rewarded for putting yourself first at the detriment of others, and you are punished for putting others ahead of yourself. People will criticize you vehemently if you put others ahead of yourself, and those you do right to will often abuse your generosity and even take advantage of you negatively.

I'm important, look at me, aren't I awesome? Worship ME ME ME!!
Look at you, you're so popular and famous, your life is so important, you look great, you did so and so, I WORSHIP YOU!
People worship People.

Materialism

The only things that matter are money, status, and looks.
You're beautiful? I worship you.
You have money? I submit to and worship you.
Everyone loves you? I guess you're more important than others!
What you do and what you say is everything. EVERYTHING!!!

All I need in life is money and or looks. Then I can be famous and everyone will worship ME ME ME!!!
That's all I want, that's all you want, that's all WE want.
Self glorification and immediate gratification and intense pleasure all the time.

Spirituality is meaningless gibberish after all isn't it?
The only reality is the physical reality, WE believe.
What I can see and touch is all there is, so of course money sex fame and drugs are everything to US.
God is a mere invention meant to control ME and make ME act a certain way, it never helped anyone did it??

The Culture of Violence

Everywhere in our culture is the theme of violence and how it is GOOD and RIGHT and VALID and always SOLVES OUR PROBLEMS!
I have a problem? Then I'll kill it. I'll shoot it right in it's face.
Everything not ME is probably a bad guy anyways, as I'm clearly the GOOD GUY. ME!

We support our troops and our military - and if anyone threatens our selfish materialistic global hegemony we will invade them and bomb their cities to bits. Problem solved, right??? Kill em. Diplomacy is for unrealistic pacifistic morons after all.

Everywhere in our music, on our tv and in film, and on the streets around us - violence is glorified and exalted as the ultimate solution to all of our problems. Even if there is a fly in your kitchen annoying you - kill it. Trying to let it out the window or door is too time consuming and complicated, what if you let more in? Just kill the stupid fly, right??

We live in the world of YOLO (You Only Live Once) and immediate gratification is the goal, so therefore we FEAR DEATH immensely. It is the end of our self-worship and self-exaltation. It is the end of the pleasure, the attention, the ME.

I'm Better Than You

Alpha vs Beta territorial mentality is at an all time high. I cannot let any man be more alpha than me, otherwise how will any woman or man ever respect me and worship me?? I will lose out on the immediate gratification and self-worship. So therefore I must dominate everyone at any cost, no matter how manipulative or deceptive I must become. If cutting throats = getting money, well than let the heads roll because I need I want and I will get what I want damn it! Gratify me, who cares about you!

This is a Free for All, that's what Freedom is about right??? Everyone for themselves?

Men or women, they are the same in this regard, because it's all about how "I'm better than you" and so I should win this competition even if you didn't know it was a competition. I want the limited resources and gratification, why should I sit back and suffer while all of you get what's rightfully MINE?

edit on 3/3/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   
The Delusion

We live in a world where teaching others to RESPECT each other is frowned upon, we don't respect anyone even ourselves so why bother?
No one believes in Integrity, Dignity, or HONOR - so why bother teaching such foolish concepts right??
Lying isn't lying when I'm completely in denial is it?
Mistreating others is OK if I feel better about how inadequate I feel about myself isn't it?
Let's worship each other for all the wrong reasons! And let's denigrate and attack the weak among us, let's focus on belittling and hurting others. Crying is for the weak, and if they are already down on the ground than kick them. Because who cares? NO ONE!

The Solution

The only solution is to CHANGE OUR CULTURE.
We need to teach children Respect and Discipline them.
We need to teach them what HONOR is all about.
Faithfulness, Integrity, and how to Dignify themselves and those around them.
We need to teach them about Kindness, Generosity, Compassion, Sympathy, and Forgiveness.
More Altruism and less Narcissism.

WE NEED LOVE!!!
For EVERYONE!!!

No more outcasts!
No more cruelty!!
No more selfishness!!!

Actually Screw It, I Got a Better Idea

Since no one is ever going to bother fixing this problem at it's roots, and instead everyone will run around like headless zombies putting band-aids on our mortal wounds - I'm going to be a good capitalist and embrace the American way!

I'll sell bullet proof vests and other protective gear to the fearful parents of these poor children.
I'll get rich and sleep well at night knowing I'm protecting kids from kids and that I'm getting rich doing it!

God Ble$$ the American Way!!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Any specific God or just the one that's related to Jesus?
People tend to get upset with a Koran in school too.

That and I think religion has gotten more people killed than guns ever will.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not sure what gun control and anti-religion got to do with each other, but OK...

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Let’s keep them both out.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: muzzleflash

Any specific God or just the one that's related to Jesus?
People tend to get upset with a Koran in school too.

That and I think religion has gotten more people killed than guns ever will.

I had to create a clever click bait title to get attention so someone would feel like reading the thread.

Otherwise.... no one would read it. And that would defeat the purpose of making a clever point if no one cares to hear it.

Also if I can get people to argue that will help my self-promotion and lift my ego thus giving ME gratification and euphoria.

Flag this thread by the way. And star all my posts!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Read the thread bro.
You gotta pick your poison.

Hahaha, who am I kidding?
Have any kids that need a vest?
I'll get them to you for 10% off!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not sure what gun control and anti-religion got to do with each other, but OK...

This thread is about "Culture" and how backwards we all are.
It's along the lines of the Idiocracy theme but more realistic and current.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hal Lindsey's last program tried to tell them when all of this hell began. Back in the 60's when they removed the Lord God out of school, they removed the hedge of protection. Now we see the results.
Get God or Get Gone this things not done.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Neither belong in schools. Religion, and morality are the domain of parents, and family alone.

Strangers are not welcome to push their opinions and beliefs upon my children.

Religion is not a prerequisite for being moral. Would you purport radical Islam as being moral? Would you support the many evil actions taken by the RCC , as well as other "Christian" groups, throughout their history as being moral?

No, religion is not science, but mysticism, and in some cases cultist.
It does not belong in taxpayer funded public schools.

Find another way to redirect culture.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I actually predicted accurately that people would be like "NOOOO! I hate Morality keep it out of school!".

That's why I'm going into business selling vests.
You see if I can get a bunch of money I can glorify and gratify ME.
Which is all that matters in this lost pathetic world.

Deal with the bullets flying!
It WILL get worse and worse...
Because that "Solution" section is so unbelievably unacceptable isn't it?
Who needs morals and values anyway! Fools....

Good game ATS!
Oh, and flag my thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
Neither belong in schools. Religion, and morality are the domain of parents, and family alone.

Strangers are not welcome to push their opinions and beliefs upon my children.

Religion is not a prerequisite for being moral. Would you purport radical Islam as being moral? Would you support the many evil actions taken by the RCC , as well as other "Christian" groups, throughout their history as being moral?

No, religion is not science, but mysticism, and in some cases cultist.
It does not belong in taxpayer funded public schools.

Find another way to redirect culture.

Bla bla bla
Your platitudes are meaningless.
Denial isn't a river etc etc

Wake the # up!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is anyone listening???

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Morality does belong in a school.

Just make it multi denominational.

Intelligence,discipline,faith.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Something is seriously lacking.

Taking toys away from the adults does nothing to fix the kids.
edit on 3-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The op has suggested that it is easier to get a gun in the school than God, that part of the problem is morality and ultimately that would solve the problem.

After reading what the op has pointed out, and the postings here is what can be stated:

Who will teach this morality to the children? That is a fundamental question that should be asked. And what if the child is of a different faith, or even a denomination than the rest? Mention anything on Islam in the school, and people freak. Mention religion in general and people freak. If what has happened in the past serves as a preview of the future for this, and then the picture becomes very chaotic and a bit muddled. One can not just simply introduce religion into a school, cause it would offend both those who believe, or those who are not of the same belief. If they have say a Baptist minister teaching such, then the school would end up getting sued, by those who are not Christian, or by those who do not believe in the message of the Baptist denomination, viewing them as zealots or money grubbers. If they introduce say an Iman, parents would then be up in arms, crying indoctrination on the part of the school. All the while it affects the child.

Morality and religion does not belong in the school, it starts at home with the parents being parents. It is what the child sees from adults, that they pick up on those kinds of behaviors. If you look at the changes that have been made in the past years, when it comes to children, it is not hard to see. Can’t spank the child, or CPS comes knocking. And what is sadder, is that we the people ultimately are to blame for that, for the laws that were written and passed. Can’t have first place, now all children have to have awards for just showing up. Can’t use red ink, cause it is bad for the child. Child gets a bad grade, and it is not the child’s fault but the teacher. Can’t teach sex education in the schools, someone might get offended, yet shock when there is a girl who ends up pregnant or an outbreak of an std in a large number of teens at school. And all the while the parents coddle and put the blame on everyone else but the one or 2 that matter, the parents.

Step out to a local mall or store around Christmas time, and take a good look at what all is going on, watch the children, and see what the parents are getting their children as gifts. Newer and more expensive, the stuff that they see on TV. Nothing of value, no lessons there, no being grateful for say having gotten a gift, or even remembering what the season really is about. Yet when it comes to say a coffee cup from a national vendor, well they put up a stink every year, yet fail to see that for all of the bluster, it is just empty wind.

Good and bad behaviors start at home.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Morality does belong in a school.

Just make it multi denominational.

Intelligence,discipline,faith.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Something is seriously lacking.

Taking toys away from the adults does nothing to fix the kids.

I see you get it Neo.
Thank you!!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
And what if the child is of a different faith, or even a denomination than the rest? Mention anything on Islam in the school, and people freak. Mention religion in general and people freak.

That's why we can keep it simple and just teach good morals and values.
This is more important than math, science, grammar, etc.

A 'good' child will want to study the other subjects earnestly.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: eNumbra

Read the thread bro.
You gotta pick your poison.

Hahaha, who am I kidding?
Have any kids that need a vest?
I'll get them to you for 10% off!!!

I pick no poison, poisons not good for you, you shouldn’t drink it.
edit on 3/3/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join