It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Easier to get a Gun in School than to get GOD in School"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I’ve always said that a little social engineering in schools is a good thing. Teach kids how to respect and be kind and tolerant towards each other, especially those who are different than you.

Is it working? lol We can bubble boy everyone in school and then we throw them into the real world that eats them alive and they either curl up in a fetal position or go total crazy like the school shooting.

The only bubble I see is the one all the adult's minds are trapped in.

"DONT YOU DARE TEACH MY KID YOUR MORALS!!!"
Then when the kid comes home :
"SHUT UP IM WATCHIN TV! GO PLAY GTA er sumthin!"

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Show me the $$$$$

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am in withdrawals...

I seriously, desperately, absolutely need more

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh GOD please give them ears to hear. pretty please

or at least some Qtips

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The only bubble I see is the one all the adult's minds are trapped in.

"DONT YOU DARE TEACH MY KID YOUR MORALS!!!"
Then when the kid comes home :
"SHUT UP IM WATCHIN TV! GO PLAY GTA er sumthin!"

Once again it all starts in the home. If anyone relies on schools to provide morals they are failing their kids. Multi levels of dysfunctional going on here. We see single parent families, both parents work long hours, or the parents are more self centered and care about themselves more then their kids, it is all dysfunctional, and these are to good ones...

Now for some reason people expect some 30 year old that has been draped in their liberal education security blanket their whole lives never really doing anything outside of school and that person is the one to be picked as the moral compass for our kids? lol give me a break...

edit on 3-3-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Teaching morals, sounds noble, however, the problem is that there has to be a basis for such. And if it sounds religious in nature, then the question will raise up, which one is it, who is authoring said text, what denomination is said author. And of course, there would have to be an opt out for parents who object, and guess what you now have the problem with sex education, where it appears to fail, cause parents don't want their children to hear the truth, from the instructors, only seeking the point of view as they deem such.

Hence why I say it needs to start at home. Turning this over to the school will lead to problems and money that the people does not need to end up covering and spending, cause someone objects to such. And if the parents are having to uphold morals, then the children will pickup on such and do such.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Since Neo linked Paul initially I decided it would be fitting to link this vid.

Your question stems from the fact people are uneducated. Had we a decent education system, there would be no petty debates over us vs them.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Don't blame me, blame a liberal. I was raised with the pledge of allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and the pledge of allegiance to the Christian flag.

The little assholes that are growing up now, are the product of self absorbed parents, that let babysitters and the TV and the internet raise their children. No quality time with the kids, equals warped kid's. it's not that hard to understand.

The liberals have used the legal system to remove God from the classroom. The results are kids with no moral compass, that use weapons to get attention. It's a sad time for civilization.

Just my opinion, but I think I am on to something. I think the teaching of morality is important. What do you think? I really am interested in what you think.
edit on 3-3-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

i skipped so much school it wasn't funny anymore... I still graduated, if any person needs help I wish you would message people here...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Don't blame me, blame a liberal.

Oh for Christ's sake. Please stop this! Blame blame blame. Both Republicans and Democrats raise children, and fund schools. Stop all the blaming! I'm really getting scared with all the blame and hatred I'm seeing on the boards, somebody is going to get hurt.

I beg of you. All. Stop.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Oh for Christ's sake. Please stop this! Blame blame blame. Both Republicans and Democrats raise children, and fund schools. Stop all the blaming! I'm really getting scared with all the blame and hatred I'm seeing on the boards, somebody is going to get hurt.

I beg of you. All. Stop.

Ok, what are you afraid of? I try to work with facts, truth is something you find ina philosophy class.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I beg of you. All. Stop.

Ok, what are you afraid of? I try to work with facts, truth is something you find ina philosophy class.

These facts you speak of they are very one sided, the member is afraid that as both sides only see their sides point of view they will clash, and considering the gun culture when they do clash people will get hurt. It's a reasonable reason to be scared.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I beg of you. All. Stop.

These facts you speak of they are very one sided, the member is afraid that as both sides only see their sides point of view they will clash, and considering the gun culture when they do clash people will get hurt. It's a reasonable reason to be scared.

I'm sorry... considering the gun culture, people are scared?

Like a gun owner will shoot you for what you believe? Violence is typically the path of the left, remember?

There is no gun culture.

What we do have is an ideology that teaches intolerance of any viewpoint but their own. Let me help you.

A liberal teaches their child that there is no god, morality is relative and if it feels good it's fine. Everything is fluid, no genders, no actual test scored in school anymore, no boundaries.

Their child, unable to cope with the absolute barrage of crap that comes from having no real boundaries, no real rules, no real guidelines has no IDEA how to cope with a bully, an awkward growing up social moment. All they do know is that if they just had a little fame, they would mean SOMETHING. Look at how movie stars are treated, after all.

Same child decides to get in the news the only way how he knows.

Liberal parents are shocked, cannot blame themselves, gun control must be the answer.

Sad all the way around.

Edited to add... for my comment about violence and the left, to rebut please link some of the deadly Tea Party riots... perhaps the NRA shootings? Then put on a MAGA hat and walk into any large city in America and take a stroll.
edit on 3-3-2018 by Lumenari because: putting away a strawman

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Don't blame me, blame a liberal. I was raised with the pledge of allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and the pledge of allegiance to the Christian flag.

Nothing like a quaint dissertation emphasising what is probably the biggest problem facing Americans as a society... extreme partisanship from the far left and far right. The mindset that anyone who thinks differently than I do is an abomination

The little assholes that are growing up now, are the product of self absorbed parents, that let babysitters and the TV and the internet raise their children. No quality time with the kids, equals warped kid's. it's not that hard to understand.

Gotta love the hypocrisy erupting from the flurry of self pious homilies aimed at us lowly folks who are trying to tear Hey Zuess out of their lives one child at a time.

The liberals have used the legal system to remove God from the classroom. The results are kids with no moral compass, that use weapons to get attention. It's a sad time for civilization.

The balls on those heathens for standing up for the US constitution and the Bill of Rights. You may have heard of those documents before. They’re the backbone of the very ideals that this country was founded upon. It’s really great that you pledged your allegiance to a flag and all that, but some of us swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and our very way of life, from all enemies, both foreign and domestic. To me, that’s a little more sacrosanct than pontificating about liberal assholes who stole the corpse of Christ and offered him to Satan in exchange for a job working for Hillary. I’m sorry, but reverence for the documents that allow us the opportunity t even engage in discussions of this nature seems a little more important than showing those pinko commie bastards who loves Jesus the mostest

You do know that the version of the Pledge of Allegiance that was used first did not have the “One Nation Under God” line in it, don’t you? It wasn’t added until 1954 when Eisenhower was POTUS as a reaction to the red scare and McCarthy-ism in a megalomaniacal attempt to link patriotism with piety. There is no mutual exclusivity in the two concepts.

Just my opinion, but I think I am on to something. I think the teaching of morality is important. What do you think? I really am interested in what you think.

Teaching morals is certainly a crucial aspect of parenting. However, when taking into account facts such as morality is a pretty arbitrary concept that can vary dramatically from one person to the next and I don’t particularly care t have some elementary school teacher telling my kid that myself as well as what I believe and promote, are devoid of all moral fiber on whatever arbitrary morals they hold. Or perhaps we’re going to legislate which morals are acceptable? That should make it easier for everyone to be on the same page. What a great idea! It’s working out really well in theocracies like Saudi Arabia and Iran after all. Heck, the Saudi’s even have their own religious morality courts.

How glorious it would be!!! The United States of Christian Theocratic America has a nice ring to it don’t you think? The USCTA. I’m sure at this point you probably think I’m just another A-hole but be honest... you would like to live in a country like that wouldn’t you? A country based solely on the teachings of Christ sounds pretty good huh? Except that in your urge to have your own version of morals and your devotion to flags and Jesus, you have completely lost sight of the ball because you are in essence begging for the same nanny state that Conservatives accuse Liverals of trying Tony sheen in. At least you don’t have to worry about a boy in a dress trying to check out your daughter in the locker room because the little perv claims he’s transgendered.

Look, the bottom line is that the only people who need to be addressing my children’s morality or their troubles therein,' are myself and their mother. Not a teacher from public school. If I wanted your denominations version of Jesus and scripture I would bring my kids to your church. If you feel that Christian morality should be a part of your children’s every day education, then by all means, send them to a parochial school.

It’s not up to you or the school or the state to determine which values I choose to instill in my children. Just like it’s not any of my business how you choose to raise our children. Unless of course one of your children were foolish enough to cause harm to one of my kids. Anything prior and up to that point? Not my business.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

a reply to: sdcigarpig

For what it's worth I was just using "God" in the title to be catchy and edgy.
I come up with really good titles usually.

I need controversy and biting sarcasm to get the point across here and drive it home.

You see if everyone starts arguing about God and then maybe my thread will start trending towards the top and then my self-esteem will skyrocket today and I'll be happy. So make sure to flag it.

If I don't get like 60+ flags I'll probably hate myself and regret ever posting here.
Why would anyone want that? I don't want that.

I come up up with good thread titles too but they end up in the trash bin. lol!

I've been 17 yrs here in Hong Kong and there have been no mass shootings in schools.

Ok, all guns are outlawed but there have been shootings with Illegally obtained guns.

But that's not my point.

Kids are taught to respect others. It's a culture of mixed religions and the emphasis is on social culture of respect for elders and ancestors.

School uniforms. Wear whatever when not in school. And if you think everyone is rich and can afford them, lol.

The parents save for them and have to pay for schools! I know little kids with schedules that would kill me.

I have a friend that teaches french to an 18 month old!

My wife tutors, I taught cooking to 5th graders.

I see Dad's taking care of the babies, really involved.

Granny and aunty living with mom and dad, 700 sq ft flats or less.

The kids are fine for the vast majority of them. Some troubled kids? Yes there are some.

Families eat together every day. A common greeting is "have you eaten?"

Lots of kids just have rice or soup noodles. 3 times a day if lucky.

All of this is worked and paid for by the parents. Govt welfare is non existent compared to the USA.

God and worship is a big part of life here. Pick your God.

As a westerner, overcrowding causes a lot of stress. Only 2 ways to deal with it.

Drugs are rare, booze and gambling are a problem for some.

I don't know but what I see. Worship, Family, Respect. (not necessarily in that order)

Everybody wants some, and they make it work from the ground up.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Morality does belong in a school.

Just make it multi denominational.

Intelligence,discipline,faith.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Something is seriously lacking.

Taking toys away from the adults does nothing to fix the kids.
Quoting so it can be read again.

I could not agree more. This is a very sensible and core part of the solution.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'm flagless please help!

Anyone care to help a brother out?

Thx!
Because everybody already knows where this conversation goes. And that’s why we took religion Out of schools.

Religion belongs in your head, if anywhere......

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: neo96
Morality does belong in a school.

Just make it multi denominational.

Intelligence,discipline,faith.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Something is seriously lacking.

Taking toys away from the adults does nothing to fix the kids.
Quoting so it can be read again.

I could not agree more. This is a very sensible and core part of the solution.
It’s easy enough to teach morals and not teach about magic sky guys that don’t exist.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If you believe the Bible in it's word as "literal" then God has killed more people than every mass shooter since the dawn of time. Remember that lil flood thingy, that was ALL HUMANITY laid to waste at the hands of God....scary to think he could get his hands on an AR-15..wow the damage he and his son could do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join