It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Russia’s new nuclear weapons can avoid any missiles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Okay, I thought the poles might f#ck with their instruments. You know more than I.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

It might be nuclear powered itself. That would give it unlimited range.

That’s because it is, in fact, a nuclear powered missile.

Here is a run down of several new weapon systems that they officially announced yesterday, many of which are already deployed with their military forces.

This announcement also follows several other announcements that the Russian MOD made through their media regarding their identification of 20 American military bases located inside of Syria and American involvement with arming and training insurgencies inside of Syria.

This is Russia making it very clear to the world, particularly the USA, that they will not be cornered like animals. The Americans lack any significant defence against conventional Russian strategic capabilities, nevermind these new systems that are designed several steps ahead of what the USA claims to be developing for defence.

The point is deterrence. The American regime wants Americans to buy the idea that the USA is invincible, particularly when it comes to strategic nuclear warfare- which is the common theme that most people associate with discussions of war between superpowers. Russia has made it clear that they have systems that will deal significant damage to the USA.

The best part is that Putin also stated that they are fully prepared to initiate a nuclear response to any such attack upon themselves AND their allies. This will attract non-aligned states into formal defence pacts with Russia.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

They do, with the magnetic compass. But they only use the compass as a backup to the backups. They have enough redundancy to be able to fly through the area with no problems.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Okay, thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have always liked Russia die to them not giving a hoot what anyone else says or does. Putin does what he feels he needs ro do for the better if his country and people without caring what others think...got to resowxt that

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

But that was always theirs and our plans....Us? Over Canada, the North Pole and down into Russia. We dont need to go around anything...neither do they.

And Canada would like you both to get your aim proper, and please miss us......

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
some days i hope for global nuclear war....humans deserve it

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: mysterioustranger

But that was always theirs and our plans....Us? Over Canada, the North Pole and down into Russia. We dont need to go around anything...neither do they.

And Canada would like you both to get your aim proper, and please miss us......

As a Canadian i approve this nessage haha

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

No we don't. A minority deserve the flames of hell, the majority of us don't.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We have toys 150 years ahead of anything they can conceive. Ace in the Hole Tech...no worries.
a reply to: vinifalou

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Given the age of the missile technology you would think the hole left where the cryopreservation facility used to be in Antarctica would mess up the missile guidance system?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Eh?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

Yeah, no we don't. We're nowhere even close to that far ahead of even the civilian world.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

In the X files movie "Fight the Future" Mulder rescued Scully from a long term storage facility where they froze a group of humans. I think it was meant to be an allegory for "deep state compartmentalized knowledge" you know the 50 plus year stuff. After the facility blew up it left a hole. There was information posted about cruise missile guidance systems using landscape recognition systems that wouldn't have a clue trying to cross a large void like that.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

In the X files movie "Fight the Future" Mulder rescued Scully from a long term storage facility where they froze a group of humans. I think it was meant to be an allegory for "deep state compartmentalized knowledge" you know the 50 plus year stuff. After the facility blew up it left a hole. There was information posted about cruise missile guidance systems using landscape recognition systems that wouldn't have a clue trying to cross a large void like that.

Except that isnt how the first Xfiles movie played out and within the realm of the show it wasnt an allegory for anything other than what the screen showed.

He rescued her from a UFO burried under ice .
That UFO didnt blow up but took off and left the planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I stand corrected, thank you!
Makes more sense, the UFO in "Close Encounters of the third kind" took off after their concert the same way.
Now I'm wondering if those two UFO movies were connected?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I agree. He makes a lot of noise for someone who is only half the size of Kim Jong-un at 2'3" tall. Trump should send him a case of Snickers bars and tell him to chill.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2018 by CoramDeo because: Double Post?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Let me start by saying that Putin's claim is sort of dumb. So, they claim to have (or soon will have) a nuclear capable missile that can avoid interception. My question is, "what is the point?" The US only has 44 interceptors operational, and the kill rate on an incoming ballistic missile in the terminal phase is estimated at 25%.

The Russians have 67 nuclear tipped interceptors stationed around Moscow. The kill rate is theoretically higher due to them being nuclear, but in the event of an intercept, they just end up seeding the intended target with radioactive fallout. It's estimated that the US has 1000 missiles pointed in the general direction of Moscow. I'm guessing the the defense math doesn't add up for their defense capabilities, or for the US.

So what is the point of mentioning, much less actually developing a new missile that can avoid missile defense systems? If it comes down to nuclear war, its a guarantee of death for all parties involved, and many who are not.

In all this, I'm pretty sure of one thing, there will be no nuclear war. There is no one in power at this time who wants a nuclear war. Not one. Not even Kim.

How do I know that? Because people in power would have no one to exert power over others if they turn the world into a molten nuclear mess. No one currently in power would be satisfied living out the rest of their days in a concrete bunker. It goes against what is at the very core of each of the leaders in these countries, which is to be able to exert conrtol as an extention of who they are. You can't do that when you're dead and or glowing.

Mutually assured destruction works, and will continue to work, despite all the big talk and brinksmanship we see in the world today. Just bear in mind that they are campaigning in Russia right now. They need a bogey man, just like the politicians in this country. The Russian economy isn't nearly as hot now as it was when oil was $120/bbl. Putin needs to focus attention anywhere else but on him, and the Rusian economy. His latest speech is just an extension of that reality, nothing more.

Some Numbers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join