It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott companies dropping NRA support & support those who support NRA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Five million gun owners can really make a difference.

So can the 250 million adults in this country who don't own guns.

Here's a list of companies boycotting the NRA.

OP I've done your homework for you.

money.cnn.com...

250 million adults in America dont own guns? Did you pull that BS stat directly from your ass?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'll support the companies that have cut their ties with the NRA and boycott the ones that support it. How about that then?

Don't take mah gurns!!! Don't take mah gurns!!!! Get some balls and you won't need lethal weapons to feel like a man.

Non-lethal weapons should be enough for defense. You ain't Bill the Kid and this ain't the wild west anymore. Or is it?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The sweet tears of gunslinging wannabe cowboys..

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I have zero vested interest in the success or failuer of the NRA, so I could not care less what companies support the NRA and what companies don't. Also don't care what companies do or don't support any other political organization or the like. Just as I am free to support whatever I choose, so are they.

Sincerely, a gun owning liberal.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0rbital
Non-lethal weapons should be enough for defense. You ain't Bill the Kid and this ain't the wild west anymore. Or is it?

Is that you Sensei Kreese?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

But but, what about capitalism.

Free market choosing who they want to do business with?

Freedom of association?

After listening to the NRA heads speech I wouldn't want to do business with them either.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Boycotts can and do backfire.

The Georgia Senate vowed to block a lucrative tax break bill on Monday that would benefit Delta Air Lines after the Atlanta-based company severed ties with the National Rifle Association.

www.ajc.com...

Common sense Americans are firmly on the side of the Second Amendment and support companies that understand this. The NRA is an invaluable organization that stands in support of our 2A, and even if you do not have a membership, you should understand this.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The NRA is...

An organization that morphed into a lobbying group and like all lobbying groups they should rot in hell. Lobbying is, in my opinion, the single largest impactor of indivdual freedom in our country. All lobbyists should be teleported to the surface of the sun.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

and will you feel the same way when the dems get into power and openly declare they will block any and all subsidies to any and all companies that don't support planned parenthood or some other left leaning group??
what the georgia senate is doing is an abuse of power and shouldn't be tolerated by either the dems or the conservatives and to be honest, any conservatives who don't speak out against this now won't have anything to gripe about when the dems get into power (and they will sooner or later) and pull the same crap, openly and blatantly...
yous allowed the door to be opened!!

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The NRA is an invaluable organization that stands in support of our 2A, and even if you do not have a membership, you should understand this.

Then by all means, let it stand on it's oh so invaluable two legs and prove it. If it can't survive because people ain't getting s# discounted, then it really isn't worth much of a damn regarding the Second, now is it?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Nope. Is that where you get your information?

My number for gun owners was incorrect. It was five million who owned more than one gun and seventy nine million who owned at least one. But it didn't change the final figure.
There are about 316 million Americans. About 25% own guns.
25% of 326 million is 79 million. Subtract that from 316 million leaves 237 million
Forgive me I used a rounded up figure. These numbers are from 2013so it's probably higher now.
edit on 2272018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Just because someone doesn't own a gun doesn't mean they are against ownership.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 0rbital

Once we arm teachers...and priests, and the maitre d at the theater and the guy at the gas station and all the bouncers at all the club's and the concierge at the front desk it will be.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I didn't say it did.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Nope. It's numbers have been falling since Sandy Hook.

www.motherjones.com...
Though they keep you listed even if you stop paying membership dues and even if you're dead.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

As an ex business owner I can just say...no. Not getting my companies profits. You're describing tithing. The NRA isn't a church.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So political retaliation for a business exercising its right to free association is something you support?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Five million gun owners can really make a difference.

So can the 250 million adults in this country who don't own guns.

Here's a list of companies boycotting the NRA.

OP I've done your homework for you.

money.cnn.com...

That’s 5 million+ NRA members, including me. I can assure you there are vastly more gun owners than NRA members, likely way more than your made up stat of 250 million non-gun owners. But why start using facts now, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join