It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott companies dropping NRA support & support those who support NRA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The fact that so many companies are cutting ties with the NRA and the members no longer get a discount shows how easily swayed these companies are to the political winds and we should make note of this, publish a page, and burn these companies names into our minds. The companies which remain loyal to the NRA we should also do the same and make an effort to make a special "thank you" purchase from them for them standing by this organization.

The fact that this whole situation has been directed at the NRA is totally ridiculous when it should have been directed at Cruz, the FBI and local police/social services. For the companies to not see this and the fall prey to the talking heads lies shows just how weak and pathetic their companies are and that they stand for NOTHING, especially not American values.

The companies that bailed should be boycotted and picketed and the people who frequent them should be treated the same way as how the people on the left treat people they picket against - but that is stooping pretty low and I don't think the people who support the NRA would stoop that low.

I'd like to get a list going and see what crappy companies have jumped ship and what companies have remained loyal. This would be a perfect time for some companies to offer an extra discount to NRA members and their sales would skyrocket!

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Get right on that!

It concerns you so much, you didn't even bother to give one example...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Businesses see only money. If the NRA is losing popularity, then of course they are gonna cut ties. Not sure what the big deal is. Government isn't demanding people stop associating with the organization, its capitalism at its finest.

I don't think a boycott will serve much of a function as these businesses have calculated in the loss of business via staying with or leaving association and decided staying would be more costly (NRAs current popularity is diminishing rapidly)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
there is nothing preventing a business from operating and associating based on PRINCIPLE. You remember that neat little thing that used to be so important in culture? Yeah, not so much anymore. Nowadays just ask any young person if they can identify a life principle and articulate it in a meaningful fashion. They wont cuz they cant.

Personally, i love whats going on. We have needed this for a long long time. Things are going to have to get worse before they get better. The National crises we are facing over several huge complex issues is going to force people to do two things: debate each other and 2)align themselves even more closely with those who share their values.

We are going to see a massive increase in loyalty based behavior among people and companies. Companies that show themselves to be easily swayed by the transience of unprincipled popular opinion should be identified as mercenaries seeking only the bottom line. If anyone thinks this is the very definition of "capitalism" they should consider where the logical conclusion of supporting it will go. Not a good place in my opinion. We need principle and ethics to direct our behavior or else we have nothing but an end justifies the means society. Is that what we want? Not I.

Therefore, let the fun begin. Let us begin identifying those who have no principled values and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Get right on that!

It concerns you so much, you didn't even bother to give one example...

Well because I've heard comflicting stories about some cutting ties on one source when other sources either didn't mention it or said that they still had their ties, so I didn't want to mention a company that supposedly cut ties when they didn't. Maybe the company mentioned they were considering it, not actually doing it, while another station says that they cut ties. It is a little early to definitively confirm which ones have dropped ties with the organization, so when the dust settles and there are company statements, then I think that is the time to be able to affirm which companies are allowing themselves to be manipulated by a politically contrived situation where blame is misplaced on an organization which had nothing to do with the incident which catalyzed the situation.

So far Delta and United Airlines have have supposedly reported ending NRA Discounts. Enterprise rent-a-car, Avis (which own Budget, Avis and Hertz end discounts. Metlife insurance, First National Bank of Omaha stopped issuing NRA branded Visa Card.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The problem with this whole situation is like if a bus driver decided to plow through a group of pedestrians and the news media & survivors (on the bus & in the group) are targeting the UAW *United Autoworkers Union" as the culprit of the act. They are villainizing the wrong group and no one in the left with Mainstream Activist Media is saying anything about this and they are the ones who should be able to see it clearest. This is ABSOLUTE proof that the Mainstream Activist Media (formerly MSM) has a political agenda and is nothing more than a propaganda arm for the fascist political leftists.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
To me it shows the hypocrisy of the whole gun argument.

If a company really thought the NRA and it members were responsible for mass shootings. Why oh why, would you agitate people that you think are crazy? Wouldn't that lead to your place of business being shot up

so either, people really don't think the NRA is dangerous, or they don't understand darwinism 101

I think the higher ups know the NRA has nothing to do with any of this, but they also know, that people will give them money and votes if they paint the NRA as dangerous.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

This should be on topic here.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
People can boycott or not, and should, but I'm willing to wager that NRA enrollment is shooting sky-high in the wake of all the abject stupidity that the Left is demonstrating. Good times...

Any takers?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

...shows how easily swayed these companies are to the political winds and we should make note of this, publish a page, and burn these companies names into our minds.

The NRA spends millions on Congressmen and women each year to go with their 'political winds.'

Business is political and politics is all business.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I joined the NRA today and will absolutely never use these companies ever again!

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: yanks528
I joined the NRA today and will absolutely never use these companies ever again!

I suggest some companies to start offering some kind of profit share with the NRA where they donate some % of their profits to the NRA (or even similar organization) either year round or during a fund raising drive - like all sales this month, 10% of net profits are donated to supporting "group X".

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I thought y'all didn't want this retarded politics crap mixed in with your businesses and entertainment?

Not a very consistent bunch of complainers, since you're using politics against stuff to get your way.
edit on 2/26/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Buisness's that know what they are doing know how to make money,I'm betting stockholders of these company's may have another idea,and why do you liberals say NRA is losing members,when in fact it's it has double another fact that you liberals can't accept,but by making crap up I guess it made you happy to state a hapless opinion

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Five million gun owners can really make a difference.

So can the 250 million adults in this country who don't own guns.

Here's a list of companies boycotting the NRA.

OP I've done your homework for you.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: yanks528

How many cars do you rent in a year? Do you live in Nebraska? Probably don't have money in the bank of Omaha. Have a stock portfolio through MetLife? Planning on putting in an alarm system on your ten speed?
I'm sure they will be devastated to lose your business.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

The companies that bailed should be boycotted and picketed and the people who frequent them should be treated the same way as how the people on the left treat people they picket against - but that is stooping pretty low and I don't think the people who support the NRA would stoop that low.

wtf are you talking about here???

companies can chose to support, or not support whatever organization they like...
a company I worked for, I was told, used to hand out nice big bonuses every year, but then one year the boss got mad at the employees for not meeting his production expectations and since then, he chose to divert all that money into the toys for tots program.. so no big bonuses by the time I got there. I really think that those employees would have a larger gripe about just who the business they worked for supported and how, don't you??

people can choose to take their business where ever they wish to. they can chose to stop purchasing products from companies for any reason they desire, including political or religious reason. just ask proctor and gamble, they've had christians calling for boycotts on and off for decades now because of their "satanic" symbols.

what you can't do is prevent others from enjoying their freedom to make those same choices for themselves... to take their business to whatever company they chose to take it to.. buy whatever products they chose to buy...
and that does seem to be what you are suggesting here, while you suggest that such an action would be too low for the NRA members but not too low for the left.

so, just wtf are you talking about here? give me some examples, please. because I can give you some examples of action taking by right leaning activists to block them from visiting organizations that they don't like that is
really quite low.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Well it all comes down to the math & we have the numbers.

How are any of those other so called conservative cause boycotts working out?
Haven't made a dent, awww.

I guess NRA members can just pay more in dues or they can have Putin makes up the shortfall.

NRA, Russia and Trump: How 'dark money' is poisoning American democracy

The FBI is investigating the National Rifle Association to determine whether Russians illegally funneled money through the organization to help the Trump campaign.

www.cnbc.com...

K~

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: SaturnFX

Buisness's that know what they are doing know how to make money,I'm betting stockholders of these company's may have another idea,and why do you liberals say NRA is losing members,when in fact it's it has double another fact that you liberals can't accept,but by making crap up I guess it made you happy to state a hapless opinion

hurr durr dem librals!!!
When did I say they were losing members? I said popularity.

Please tell me more about making stuff up.

They're coming for your guns!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join