It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers For The DNC Argue That 'Primary Rigging' Is Protected By The First Amendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I hope bernie reads this and smiles.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Join me in third party land, I feel a lot better about my vote trying to break the corruption cycle rather than continuing to support it.

As for the DNC, they are offering product y if you donate, then giving product x and saying well tough this is what we have and we are keeping your money.

Maybe times have changed but when I was a kid that was considered a con, and considered illegal in most place. Strange some people think that this is ok because of ... (I'm going to guess they will blame trump at some point)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's some truth right there.

What happened with ron paul still bothers me.

We should have had ron paul for 8 years instead of obama and we should have sanders today.

Where is the mandala effect when you need it?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

My hope is that the people will finally wise up and leave the rnc and dnc en masse in 2020.

Fingers crossed??

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

a few more will, but to many are sheep that will vote for that familiar name again because well they have voted for it for years, and it takes time to dig into what the candidate actually represents.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

you would think in a place like ats that people would see the game being played on them by the political parties.

but being brainwashed from birth is hard to shake.
makes me glad i never had a real childhood sometimes, i missed out on all the religious and political propaganda.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
You vote Democrat, but you do not pay dues to the democrat party so you are not a democrat?

Yes. There's a difference between voters and those who have party membership and are involved with the party.

I am not on the party rolls, I don't go to the convention, I don't nominate or vote on the initial candidate slate. I do vote Democrat and send money occasionally.

It's the difference between owning a football team and being a fan.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: ausername

Both parties CAN rig the primary any way they wish...

The legal protections don’t kick in until the actual election.

What do you call primary elections? Voters are given the impression their vote matters. I see no difference from the general. This should absolutely be illegal or we are not living in a democracy.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: Byrd

That's priceless! The democrats are not the same as the democrats party. Therefore all voters are safe by degrees of separation from their party. Especially when there's fraud, rigged primaries, conspiracies, corruption and wrongdoing.

Does this mean that anyone who votes democrat are free from guilt or shame when things go wrong and get exposed?

It means that I'm not a member of the party. The party is an organization. One can vote for any particular group and even support candidates but not be a member of the party.

The parties are not composed of free-ranged voters who show up and decide policy. That's all decided by the governing committee.

Seriously - how did you think they come up with candidates for either party? They form committees from Official Party Members and they poll the Party Members. Everyone else has no say-so.

And every other political party operates this way. If you want them to pay attention to your issues, you need to influence the big party committees.

If you are interested in learning more, read up on YOUR political party (whether the Greens or whomever else) and find out how they get candidates and form policy.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

a reply to: ausername

Both parties CAN rig the primary any way they wish...

The legal protections don’t kick in until the actual election.

What do you call primary elections? Voters are given the impression their vote matters. I see no difference from the general. This should absolutely be illegal or we are not living in a democracy.

Votes are more important in the primaries, but most folks don't vote in them. There's a number of differences. I'm not sure what's meant here by "rig the election" but I think that the poster may not actually have gotten involved with any candidates and seen how the process works.

I've been more involved with politics since Trump was elected, and I've learned that some things I thought were true simply weren't. I suggest that others get involved with their own parties as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Xcathdra

I hope bernie reads this and smiles.

Bernie knew the deal, he knew he was never allowed to win. He accepted the terms to be able to spread his message.

They just badly underestimated how dislikable Hillary really is.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I think the point is most people don't realize the Republican and Democrat parties are private organizations. A lot of people don't understand that the party can legally choose the candidate. They don't understand super delegates.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

My hope is that the people will finally wise up and leave the rnc and dnc en masse in 2020.

Fingers crossed??
It's too bad the dnc dismissed Bern for the wrong reasons.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's hilarious that you make the distinction that parties are private entities and then argue that we should ban them.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

No because each political party is completely independent from the government.

It would be like me cheating a blind vote for “employee of the month” at my job..

It should be illegal.. if the gop and Dems are gonna make a monopoly out of the political system. Then there should be laws protecting against corruption..

For example.. if the gop decided to nominate someone else at their convention. Even though trump won fair and square. It would be perfectly legal.

All the federal protections don’t kick in until the actual election.

Each party is perfectly free to lie cheat and steal outside of the actual elections themselves.

THAT IS WHY ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING IT IS CRIMINAL ARE EITHER IGNORANT OR PPUSHING PROPAGANDA..

It really is sad how uninformed the gop base is...

Those propaganda whores will have them convinced some totally ridiculous stuff..

Last time I heard, the MAFIA or MS-13 wasn't part of the govt either, officially.

Didn't stop the RICO's on them.

Yeah, they tried to push that BS when Trump won. Remember the talk about taking it away from him?

Talk about violence!

But the sheep on the left just said, Hey OK! No Prob! Bernie is gone!

Everyone, we go this way now! Hail hillary!

See, we aren't the flacid sheepskins the left are.

What's it like being a condom?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: ausername

That's priceless! The democrats are not the same as the democrats party. Therefore all voters are safe by degrees of separation from their party. Especially when there's fraud, rigged primaries, conspiracies, corruption and wrongdoing.

Does this mean that anyone who votes democrat are free from guilt or shame when things go wrong and get exposed?

It means that I'm not a member of the party. The party is an organization. One can vote for any particular group and even support candidates but not be a member of the party.

The parties are not composed of free-ranged voters who show up and decide policy. That's all decided by the governing committee.

Seriously - how did you think they come up with candidates for either party? They form committees from Official Party Members and they poll the Party Members. Everyone else has no say-so.

And every other political party operates this way. If you want them to pay attention to your issues, you need to influence the big party committees.

If you are interested in learning more, read up on YOUR political party (whether the Greens or whomever else) and find out how they get candidates and form policy.

Oh like the NRA!

Oh wait, they aren't a political party as much as Planned Parenthood, who takes half a billion bucks a year from every taxpayer on all sides and still kills millions of people with full disclosure.

#sickofthisbs.

If it wasn't for the nanny state and anything goes progressives, we would only have to worry about "out of control capitalism" where everyone has a good time and makes money.

People can die on the job again, like John Henry, instead of on a waiting list or in a "home." Live in peace and have something to pass on, besides debt for someone else's illegal kids.

Princess DI is in trouble, eh? DNC pulled her funding.

The dem voters won't take much more.

Pelosi's head will end up in in a dump, in Juarez.

Water finds its own level.

edit on 2 26 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
It would have been nice. I believe they were both the real deal since they lost. The two most sane candidates, and the only ones who actually cared about the people, both get screwed over. Can't have people happy and united, can we?

a reply to: proximo
Personally I don't think there was underestimation, I think it was deliberate. Trump is banning bump stocks and even implying video games should be censored... If Clinton had tried to enforce gun control or censor art of any kind, she'd be crucified. But Trump is getting away with it, and the people don't care.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Did you even read my post?!?!

I specifically said it I should be illegal...

But it is not. So everyone pretending like people are going to jail are laughable..

You should read the post before typing..

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

They are committing a crime....

You can’t rico something with no base crime.....

Rico is when other people profit off a crime they didn’t sctually don’t do...

Jesus you are easily manipulated... a toddler knows there has to be a base crime..

edit on 26-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Fraud is illegal. It's not free speech. By violating the policies they publicly espoused, they defrauded the members of their party. Is it just free speech when I tell the guy on the internet to send me 10k and I'll send him 20k, then keep his 10k and disappear?
edit on 26-2-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join