It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea for Transgender Equality!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

a reply to: kaylaluv

Yep yep...I got it backward. I was reading a similar-but-different story at the same time and misconstrued them...but in my defense, the obvious inflammatory OP should have included a link to an actual story so that something like this wouldn't happen.

I will wear the asshat ashamedly for that mix-up, though.

Now that this is out of the way, the same sort of logic applies, and I'll use it: Yes, if Beggs wants to claim to be a male, then Beggs should be wrestling guys, especially if Beggs has undergone hormone therapy, which would be a massive disadvantage for the girls wrestling.

But here's the reality of life: There are rules that govern this, and I understand that Beggs is advocating for a change in the rules, but until that change happens, this is what it is. Right now, Beggs is basically a girl on testosterone injections, so I would wonder how that doesn't bar Beggs from wrestling at all, unless since it's shown to be prescribed by a doctor that doesn't make it a performance-enhancing drug/treatment.

So, until the official rules are changes, Beggs wrestles in the female side because, well, technically speaking...

eNumbra, thanks for point that out to me in a constructive way.

Kaylaluv...well, it's about the tone of a response that I generally expect. At least I can admit when I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Hey, you called yourself that - all I did was add the part about you not knowing what was going on.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Fair enough

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: DP

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Now that this is out of the way, the same sort of logic applies, and I'll use it: Yes, if Beggs wants to claim to be a male, then Beggs should be wrestling guys, especially if Beggs has undergone hormone therapy, which would be a massive disadvantage for the girls wrestling.

But here's the reality of life: There are rules that govern this, and I understand that Beggs is advocating for a change in the rules, but until that change happens, this is what it is. Right now, Beggs is basically a girl on testosterone injections, so I would wonder how that doesn't bar Beggs from wrestling at all, unless since it's shown to be prescribed by a doctor that doesn't make it a performance-enhancing drug/treatment.

So, until the official rules are changes, Beggs wrestles in the female side because, well, technically speaking...

eNumbra, thanks for point that out to me in a constructive way.

I believe you’re dead on in your assessment and that’s the crux of the problem. The state recognizes the doctors authoity in prescribing the testosterone as a medical necessity but ignored the other half of that issue - the reason and resulting effect of that testosterone. He shouldn’t be wrestling girls because he either: is a boy, or is a girl who’s doping.

The easiest thing to do would likely be to just keep the girls division, and change the boys division into anything goes. Texas doesn’t have to officially recognize “trans”, but allows those who clearly don’t belong in the one division to participate in the other. Realistically he should be recognized as a boy, but baby steps.

I’m betting there are those in Texas and country wide who would rather drag their heels on issues like this hoping it will simply go away, thinking enough national exposure will embarrass the kid into quitting his attack on the traditional American value of high school wrestling; while he thinks the constant exposure will embarrass the legislators who are causing the problem through inaction.

edit on 2/26/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Or have three divisions: Female, Male, and mixed. I doubt that there would be very many in the mixed division, though, so there would probably be a lot of wins by default.

That said, no girls in K-12 should have to compete against either males or openly doping females, as both are a disadvantage on average, physiologically speaking.

I think that this will be an issue that eventually goes away, though, but since it's a reality of our society, it should still be addressed.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Or have three divisions: Female, Male, and mixed. I doubt that there would be very many in the mixed division, though, so there would probably be a lot of wins by default.

Which would also present the same issue here since a trans male, trans female match up would also be unfair.

I disagree that this issue will go away though, I think it will just be a very rare issue due to the rate of trans students and the fact that they’re only in HS for four years.

It’ll pop up, here and there from time to time; and a state will either act, or ride it out.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Trans females (born a male transitioning to female) who blocked testosterone before puberty and started taking estrogen right away will have the same muscle and bone mass as a girl.

I agree about 80%.. nothing is 100%...but what if they start their transition at left say 16?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Trans females (born a male transitioning to female) who blocked testosterone before puberty and started taking estrogen right away will have the same muscle and bone mass as a girl.

I agree about 80%.. nothing is 100%...but what if they start their transition at left say 16?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

You are trying to compare someone with a medical condition that would be repaired with something like testosterone, to someone who just wants to be more buff. That is an unfair comparison.
Does this girl have chromosomal abnormalities?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Depends on the individual. You would have to take it case by case, in my opinion. That wouldn't be too hard with so few trans people trying to compete.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You are trying to compare someone with a medical condition that would be repaired with something like testosterone, to someone who just wants to be more buff. That is an unfair comparison.

Yes, his chromosomes don't match his brain. That's an abnormality.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

The person shouldn't be competing against makes or females because biology and science says the person isn't male and enablers says the person isn't female. Screw this noise, not everyone can be placated and some bizarre outliers are going to go away unappeased... such is life.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That is not a chromosomal abnormality. There is an old man who live down my road who thinks he’s John F. Kennedy. Do I have to treat him like he’s John F Kennedy?
edit on 26-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That is not a chromosomal abnormality.

Gender dysphoria is a real and true medical condition.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ahh, I see you have edited your post to include your ignorant prejudice.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That is not a chromosomal abnormality.

Gender dysphoria is a real and true medical condition.
It is listed as a psychological disorder. ( same as my buddy JFK’s condition). There is no physical basis for determining it to be a medical condition. It is described as a strong feeling. Which is not a medical condition.

The main psychiatric approaches to treatment for persons diagnosed with gender dysphoria are psychotherapy or supporting the individual's preferred gender through hormone therapy, gender expression and role, or surgery.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Young transgender men are on borrow time with transitioning - once they've fully developed through female puberty, they have breast tissue to remove, major changes/differences in their reproductive systems, etc. There are valid arguments for and against allowing transgender youth to beat the puberty clock.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The only thing that is psychological is the anxiety/depression that goes along with having the dysphoria. The brain developed in one direction, the body developed in another direction. Gender dysphoria is not considered a mental illness by any of the major medical and mental healthcare associations.
edit on 26-2-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2018 by kaylaluv because: oops

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join