It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GITMO " Contingency Mass Migration Complex"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

RQ Construction LLC, Carlsbad, California, is being awarded a $23,164,000 firm-fixed-price contract for the construction of the Contingency Mass Migration Complex at Naval Station Guantanamo Bay. The project will include site shaping for tents, concrete pads for camp headquarters, galleys and dumpsters, perimeter and service roads, and a mass notification system. Supporting facilities include utility systems (electrical, water, and sanitary sewer), exterior lighting, information systems to include fiber optic cable service, utility infrastructure expansion, vehicle parking area, storm drainage, and removal of two family housing trailer units. The contract also contains 10 unexercised options, which if exercised would increase cumulative contract value to $27,117,000. Work will be performed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and is expected to be completed by December 2019. Fiscal 2014 and 2017 military construction (Army) contract funds in the amount of $23,164,000 are obligated on this award and will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured via the Federal Business Opportunities website, with five proposals received. The Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Southeast, Jacksonville, Florida, is the contracting activity (N69450-18-C-1308).

Sounds to me like the FEMA relocation camp rumor has finally come through.

I pulled this off the DoD contracts mailing list. It will be fun to see what the cover story is, or if this gets reported at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Well, think MS13 could be housed there and possibly, umm maybe traitors? Mattis, Sessions and Rosenstein were certainly interested. If that isn't what it is for someone needs to give a good reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The purpose is described in more detail here

“There are no detention facilities involved in this project,” Southcom spokesman Army Maj. Vance Trenkel said by email on Thursday. “This project is to assist with mass migration operations ... caused by things such as a natural disaster.”

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So they are expanding the war on terror?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

The purpose is described in more detail here

“There are no detention facilities involved in this project,” Southcom spokesman Army Maj. Vance Trenkel said by email on Thursday. “This project is to assist with mass migration operations ... caused by things such as a natural disaster.”

Oh well now I feel a lot safer. ;-)

A bit more of the cover story:

The visit comes as the U.S. Southern Command, not so long ago run by Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, is proposing an up to $100 million construction project to house 13,000 temporary migrants and 5,000 support staff on the base near the airstrip. The Navy, in announcing the proposal, called it a “contingency mass migration complex.”

The war court and Detention Center Zone staffed by 1,500 troops and civilians are on the opposite side of the base, requiring a ferry ride across Guantánamo Bay.

No such mass exodus is foreseen. First, the Obama administration canceled a decades-old “wet foot, dry foot” policy that let Cubans who reach U.S. shores gain legal entry. Now the Trump administration is pursuing deportations of undocumented immigrants, a program championed by Sessions.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

No detention facilities, yet. Theres that extra budget allotment in the OP thoughh. Besides, what good are 'concrete pads' and 'utilities' without structures on them?

As far as mass migration, that could mean roundups, too., not just 'migration from natural disaster'.

Further wars on terror , middle east, ongoing.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So, if we go shoot up your country, you can stay at Gitmo for a while. I don't know, sounds like a cover story. How easy would it be to convert to detention? Doesn't explain the official interest.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A new Ellis Island??

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Mattis went to Gitmo in December to ensure that everything is ready for a large stream of new arrivals.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"GITMO " Contingency Mass Migration Complex" "

Fake news!!

They already have one, it's called California.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It sounds like the whole place is a detention facility, no need to put a jail inside of a jail .

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

So, if we go shoot up your country, you can stay at Gitmo for a while. I don't know, sounds like a cover story. How easy would it be to convert to detention? Doesn't explain the official interest.

I think only one or two GITMO er um guests has ever been on US soil let alone fire a weapon on US soil. The vast majority of GITMO residents were picked up on the "battlefield."

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Fake news!!

No, its called the Industrial Prison Complex. Prisons for Profit.

Over two million incarcerated americans, still going strong.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Fake news!!

No, its called the Industrial Prison Complex. Prisons for Profit.

Over two million incarcerated americans, still going strong.

It is actually a little worse when you consider the number of people that can't make bail.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

A lot of people who should be in jail, or dead, are not. Chicago gang leaders come to mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Camp details

You will probably have to approve the "unsecure" website if you don't have DoD certs installed.

I've looked at some of the plans. Call me crazy, but barbed wire fences are not very friendly.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And locking them up in...tents?

Can you name another facility that locks up terror suspects in tents?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You do realise that it's not even being built in the prison, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ummm...think...Yellowstone caldera...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

You do realise that it's not even being built in the prison, right?

As I mentioned, I have the plans. However surrounded by barbed wire sounds like a prison to me. Not to mention it is hard to call an Uber at GITMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join