It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We A Broken Society In The USA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
We need outraged women putting the hammer down
on what is acceptable behavior towards others..

My mother said that if you get in a fight, get the biggest stick you can find. Another suggestion was that if somebody wronged you, you should throw a brick through their window.

She was funny.

We seem to be hardwired for destructive tendencies we only need to look at what movies sell, video games are played the most, and what we celebrate sports wise. We have a win/loss mentality, and pick a team mentality, if one team wins wonderful, and for the loser, well they are exactly what they are.

This type of dualistic mindset is what the people in charge prey off of, and until people's consciousness shift imo we are doomed to repeat our current MO.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

It's not funny.

the USA is becoming annexed to Russia.. it's becoming a total toilet here.

I tried various times to leave.. but i'm too old and too poor.. I don't have
the 2 million dollars cash in hand and am not multi-lingual.

Oh, I own my home outright.. and have a nice retirement account..
but it doesn't add up to 2 million plus to get a foreign residence
permit in one of the "good" countries.

Now... if I keep my head in the sand, and disregard the welfare of
others.. as I can do little for them.. I'm happy enough..

I always wanted to make a difference when I was little.. I saw
"this current time" in my mind before I was 8.. and wanted to
help avoid it..

but nope. Failed.

It was ironic, enough that you changed your mood. Lets see where we stand in 7 years. I'm all about helping my family first, then my fellow Americans, Irish, and Germans. Alone, you'll make no difference. It would take a whole country and we're too close to imploding because of politics and the division that has grown since the 90's. Note, that's not when it began, but that's when it started to grow out of control.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here's my view . . . the average everyday American citizen isn't all that different from other citizens of other countries around the world.

They're just trying to get by being happy, enjoying family, friends, eek out a decent living and leave the kids with a bit more than they ever had.

The thing I see wrong with your country isn't the people or the country, it's the government officials running it.

Instead of being responsible to the people of the US, they're nothing but stinking fish whores to whichever big business, lobby group or interest that will line their pockets for the next run at four years at the public trough.

Until you folks collectively stop their desire and ability to fellate whoever it is that will serve their own good, it'll never change . . . under the guise of free elections, democracy and representing the people, your elected officials will just run you further into servitude.

Just sayin'

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I changed my mood, because I'm an honest person.
If something is pointed out... and it's correct, I
won't deny it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

won't deny it.

Some would call this a shift in consciousness, and using our intuitions, let's hope it takes hold of the masses.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

won't deny it.

Some would call this a shift in consciousness, and using our intuitions, let's hope it takes hold of the masses.

Well I was born autistic and pretty much incapable of lying.
So no high tech consciousness change here!

As I said.. I'm happy.. the happiest I've ever been in my life..
but I don't want to "be happy" when things are so crappy
in the USA.

That's why I put "Not Applicable".

Only 1 in a million (or less) ever understands me.. no matter
how carefully I attempt communication..

It would be ill-advised to use me as an example for anything..
I'm close to being as rare as a Unicorn..

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Europe killed the pagans? Really? Did you major in history or are you from Europe?

Pagans were primarily converted - the Indians, relatively recently in historical terms, were ethnically cleansed, slaughtered and marginalised.

Anyhow, as I said, the USA is not yet broken but breaking. Hopefully you can fix it before is becomes unfixable. There are great things about America that are worth struggling for.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Pagans Executed who refused to convert

As for America.. there are a few really great states.. and a lot of crappy ones.

I wish America luck too.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Pagans were primarily converted - the Indians, relatively recently in historical terms, were ethnically cleansed, slaughtered and marginalised.

I think if you consider the Jews as "pagans," it's just a different side of the same coin. And there's a reason why there are no more Templars (as far as we know).

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thank you, that image of a man's head sticking out of a flooded ditch was... fitting.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great analogy, OP.

Your country is completely broken. The infrastructure is crumbling, the CIA et al. is waging psychological warfare against your own people, the Russians (or perhaps just the CIA) are destroying your culture from within, and the rest of the world watches as you slip further and further into being a third world country. Of course, everyone just takes their pills and watches their reality TV and scrolls through their newsfeeds and continues believing 'MURRICA is the greatest country in the world. Whenever I visit the USA the first thing I notice is how dirty and dilapidated your roads and bridges and buildings are. That isn't what makes you a third world country though, it is merely a symptom of the abuse and rape of your society by the elite few.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Something is changing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but things aren't as bad as they were a month ago. I don't feel the hostility/animosity in the air the way I did then, or even two weeks ago.

Maybe we are tired of being "deplorables' and "libtards", and tired of talking to each other like that; tired of hating.

It's a tiny breath, and in a heartbeat, but it's there. Things are going to get better. Maybe somebody wanted us to truly hate each other, and tried to pit us so harshly against one another. We tried it, and we don't like it.

We'll be back. We're not there quite yet, but we're on our way.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

In recent times I have read America is doomed and will slide into the bign back hole of tyarrany. It has pased the point of no return in terms of the skills required to restore its economic positon as the worlds biggest society.

More and more I seem to read of lunacy after lunacy in terms of what goes on in the US. It appears to me the US is simply coming apart at the seems. socially, democratically, culturely and economically.

Cant pint point why other than things happen in the world and in countries because someone wants it to happen. Such people making these decisions belong to the government above govenment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join