It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi ! My return to ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi. I was a poster on ATS for a few years pre-2003 but lost my login details years ago. I live in Great Britain and I am an Anti-psychiatry/Mental Health Rights campaigner (I won't talk about my research here, vis forum guidelines). I am a patriot after having had numerous attempts at taking away my freedom. I have been inspired by the developments that happened in the USA 2016 election as well as Brexit here in Britain. I have been looking for a forum to find friends and discuss topics that I find are buried by extremely oppressive Political Correctness and the lack of desire (and spirit of adventure !) to consider possibilities deemed to be "impossible". Having read through the introductory forum material I'm impressed, so far, that the owners/moderators appear to be putting in a lot of effort to actually run a winning forum. These days anyone can hit that Softaculous button in cPanel to install a forum and/or setup a cheap server on Amazon AWS, but its a different game altogether to actually socially manage the thing.

I am also a musician and DJ fighting to get back to his trade after being divided from it (long story). I was into the free party scene here in the UK in a major way in the 1990's and want to get into VJ'ing (Am I allowed to mention an example ? Search for "shadertoy"). I think we live in very interesting times and we need the visuals and music to go along with the "show" so to speak.

So. I'm looking forward to, hopefully, some interesting exchanges on ATS !

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hello, you!

You aren't using your real name are you?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
We here at ATS salute you MichaelZFreeman.

Welcome back.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Shadertoy looks pretty interesting...

wonder how long it would take to learn, and how much money can be made from VJ'ing.

anyway... good luck.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MichaelZFreeman

Welcome back - I share some of your interests and thoughts on various subjects you have mentioned. Thanks for returning to ATS, looking forward to seeing you on the forums

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Join us in the mud pit for the interesting exchanges. Fresh cookies baked daily!
edit on 21-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Welcome back dude! ATS changed a lot over the years.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Nice one. Welcome back. Cheers!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
good afternoon

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Welcome back!

A favorite quote of mine:

The diagnosis of mental illness is always a weapon. ~ Dr. Jeffrey Schaler

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Welcome back👍😊

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DD2029
We here at ATS salute you MichaelZFreeman.

Welcome back.

That is really some awesome imagery.

Damn...

Welcome back Mr Freeman.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Join us in the mud pit for the interesting exchanges. Fresh cookies baked daily!

They're not cookies...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Welcome back....
Lots of changes since the pre-2003 days

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi there ! Thanks for the great welcomes !

originally posted by: DD2029
Shadertoy looks pretty interesting...

wonder how long it would take to learn, and how much money can be made from VJ'ing.

anyway... good luck.

A lot of the Shadertoy examples can be customised and are there to learn from. They are written by a lot of enthusiasts who I dare say would do requests if they know that their work is going to be used at parties and so forth. Plus some "Shadertoys" have licenses that allow them to be used commercially. As to money to be made from VJ'ing. I think one would have to be doing national or international tours of all the festivals to making a living out of it. Otherwise it's for the fun of doing it and part of adding to the entire business of being a musician/DJ. What's amazing these days is, with a hefty enough graphics card, the vision mixing can be done on the PC rather than having to have an expensive vision mixing desk. There's software like GLMixer and I've experimented with Blender Game Engine - youtu.be...

originally posted by: FamCore

Welcome back - I share some of your interests and thoughts on various subjects you have mentioned. Thanks for returning to ATS, looking forward to seeing you on the forums

Sounds interesting. I just need to get my post count. Can I only post in this forum so far ?

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Welcome back!

A favorite quote of mine:

The diagnosis of mental illness is always a weapon. ~ Dr. Jeffrey Schaler

Yes, it's weaponised ! The "MH" word has two meanings. Psychology tends to actually treat trauma in legitimate ways. Psychiatry just exploits it.

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Welcome back....
Lots of changes since the pre-2003 days

Hi. Never thought I'd make it back to be honest. So quite a win for me really.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

His first day back? Really? Shame on you!

OP, sadly, we won't be friends. : (

lol. But welcome back anyway. You're British, and our Brit members are great at keeping it civil. Well, they used to be until.....you know, IT happened.

cya

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Hello, you!

You aren't using your real name are you?

Actually, yes I am. Is that a problem here ? I would never publish personal details beyond that. No phone number. No addresses. I long ago made the decision that I'm actually safer using my real name. Strength creates peace and leads to LESS of a potential threat against self. Anyway. It's not like I'm being hunted by the mafia !

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: olaru12

His first day back? Really? Shame on you!

OP, sadly, we won't be friends. : (

lol. But welcome back anyway. You're British, and our Brit members are great at keeping it civil. Well, they used to be until.....you know, IT happened.

cya

"It" ? Crashing British skaters at the Olympics ? The last tax increase on alcohol and tobacco ? Not this ? ... Oh, wait ... oh ... you mean THE UNMENTIONABLE THING !?
edit on 23-2-2018 by MichaelZFreeman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join