It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does "gun control" mean at this point?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I do understand.

It is not easily solved (and never will be fully solved), but complete inaction is not a solution.

Again, you asked what they want and what they mean, so ask them to clarify, instead of people on ATS.

I agree, inaction won't do anymore. But what am I supposed to do, who do I ask? It's a movement, not a person. I don't know who is taking the lead, but someone will have to pretty soon, or it's just going to end up the same as before.

I just want to know what they want. Hell, I might agree. But I don't know who to ask and hope some who share their cause might know.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

At least someone here has, but my comment wasn't directed to you.

That said, yes they have the right to march, to speak their opinion, to demand change, and to feel safer in school, so what right are you being forced to give up?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good idea is mind our own business.

The issues are not my tools, or yours. The issue is how do we prevent future carnage. There are almost always warning signs, we need some way of recognizing them when they appear.

Simple in concept, less simple to carry out. I have no answers, if I did, I'd be marching on Washington.

I do know that curtailing my, and others, rights isn't the path, or the right one, anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

who do I ask?

The kids who saw their friends and peers murdered in school.

I just want to know what they want. Hell, I might agree.

Listen to them. They aren't silent about it.

But I don't know who to ask and hope some who share their cause might know.

Ask them.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

As yet, none, though they are being chipped away at, which you very well know.

If some had their way? You know very well which right would be taken away.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

What does gun control mean to the kids who are going to march on Washington?

Maybe ask them. Or rather, listen to them, since they are saying exactly what it means.

Bottom line is they are tired of seeing their friends and peers slaughtered...in school.

Gun control here means meeting the attack at the door with firepower.......let alone think about how the guy got in and pulled the alarm to begin with. I am supposed to have my rights challenged in this because a school system cant deal with what need to be done? So these kids are taking to the street to what, and after who?
edit on 19-2-2018 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Going after high hanging fruit seems rather imprudent from a domestic policy standpoint.

To me gun control means decreasing loss of life through rights restriction. AR 15 or any other rifle isnt used often enough to warrant its discussion yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

And so do what? Accuse all gun owners? Republicans? ect. How stupid to think thats a solution.

They have a right to their opinion. They are the ones seeing their friends and peers slaughtered.

Have you?
They should be marching on the jail that's holding the kid....
lynch mob style.....

where was the police in the school at?
The school my kids go to has a officer walking the hall, every school around me has armed police in the hall in uniform.
two or three in deferent wings of the building
I cant get in the school after the bell rings without talking on a speaker and have a good reason.
there plea-bargaining to keep the shooter from getting the death penalty....Why?

They want Justice eye for a eye...

link   

Your rights aren't challenged.

link   
Go ahead and "ban" guns, it won't stop criminals from shooting you, nor stop shooting sprees. Criminals don't follow laws, remember?? And it'll leave A LOT of people defenseless against them.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

As yet, none, though they are being chipped away at, which you very well know.

If some had their way? You know very well which right would be taken away.

At this point we should regulate the press if the logic holds. News without commentary would have first rank. LOL

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

So, you haven't lost a right. Since you haven't, where's the problem or concern?

It's about regulation of who can purchase what.
edit on 19-2-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

No. Because I am capable of differentiating between news, and commentary--though I do have to admit, it isn't as easy as it once was...mostly because it's nearly all commentary sometimes.

Freedom of the press, and of free expression should never be curtailed. Least of all because we don't like its content. I don't have to read it, or listen, if I don't like it.

The same goes with the 2nd amendment. There are a sufficiency of rules, regulations, and laws to cover every situation...I certainly haven't found one that isn't covered somewhere.

There are also, if enforced, a sufficiency of reporting methods to have a situation investigated, and stopped, before it happens. The one in Florida is the example of that. Every single warning sign was ignored. Had even one agency actually done their jobs properly, it might not have happened.

I know we disagree on this, which is fine, well, if not fine, certainly survivable. There is a middle ground here, that once found, will leave us all equally unhappy, yet might help to prevent future events.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Are you seriously going to sit there and try to tell me that you, or at least some people from your side of the issue, wouldn't do away with my rights totally, were they to have their way??

If so, pardon me while I laugh at you.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well they would be if this type madness were going to be used against the right. Are you telling me you haven't seen it heading in that direction for 30 years? 50 years?
edit on 19-2-2018 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What is it that everyone wants? This discussion usually ends before it starts, as with anything gun related.

I am genuinely interested in what people are thinking here.

It means kitchen knives and trucks and cars to mow down people are next.

We starve and we start walking.. and violence will still happen. Can't control things used as weapons and can't control people.

Next we'll have pen control so we can't poke someones eyes our in school...

The real issue is VIOLENCE.. Not the means...
edit on 19-2-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

That's alright. We can give up our guns.

The Russians will protect us, if Trump starts to display any more Hitler tendencies.

Remember, the Russians were on the same side as the Americans, against Hitler, during the war.

So, they're good to go.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Yes, some people would like to ban all guns. Most don't.

Tell me again what 2nd Amendment right(s) you have lost over the past 10, 15, 20+ years.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Maybe ask them. Or rather, listen to them, since they are saying exactly what it means.

Bottom line is they are tired of seeing their friends and peers slaughtered...in school.

Gun control here means meeting the attack at the door with firepower.......let alone think about how the guy got in and pulled the alarm to begin with. I am supposed to have my rights challenged in this because a school system cant deal with what need to be done? So these kids are taking to the street to what, and after who?

Do you answer your door with a loaded gun in your hand?

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well they would be if this type madness were going to be used against the right. Are you telling me you haven't seen it heading in that direction for 30 years? 50 years?

"They would be." But they aren't, and haven't been.

How many 2nd Amendment rights have you actually lost?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join