It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland's Hate Speech laws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
count dankla is actually a nice guy but i think hes suffering now from ptsd. he reminds me on the enviorment here in germany also.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I bet he isn't even a count!

THE HORROR!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It wasn't hate speech.

It was comedy.

Assholes over-react.

PUNISH HIM!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: airowineSailorcat

it's a real shame that someones right to express themselves and done so in order to point out a fallacy or a flaw in our judicial system has come this far in a trial which basically makes a mockery of our judicial system has forced him to suffer needlessly had common sense been applied in the first place this would never have happened.

Of course we need to protect citizens from harm , but words cannot cause physical harm to someone directly
directed abuse to a person can cause mental distress but the words do not cause physical harm as pain receptors do not fire in the brain when people are offended , its their ego that is offended not the human being , the consciousness behind the ego
cant be physically harmed ti doesnt experience pain it is simply consciousness.

If he is suffering PTSD and has been medically diagnosed , then the person who reported his "hate speech" should be made to pay for his treatment from their own pocket !
as physical and mental distress has been created on the Count Dankula

funny that this law is designed to prevent harm , yet the only harm that has come is to the person who made the joke.
I guess in essence yes , you should be careful what you say , and yes ,there are better ways to tackle flaws in our society by the correct channels. But if we cant express ourselves freely without suffering then what is the point in self expression in the first place. Self expression should be liberating not debilitating .

If he goes to jail for this , then even more harm has been caused, as he will suffer and possibly could end up institutionalised. Why "aye ma dugs a #in nazi"

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i mean hes traumatized from this court problem with that. and was has happend to him. in a way its with the community around you like that. some are so stupified when they look at you. in my case .. i wanted to know about aliens and the occult because.... somehow i had experienece and what a stupid thing mehh. when people call you then a racist and conspiracy theorist for having the intrest in ufos and the occult.. i mean some people are dumb as a fk . you cant change this

another thing i ask myself
when comes the point when this is becoming its own victimhood ?

edit on 16-2-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: airowineSailorcat

I know you cant even question history or cant say certain things for fear of offending people and being taken to court over a perceived "offense"

minister of doggoganda

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I guarantee the Jocks wont be using this legislation against any of the freaks who tweet #killallwhitemen and such similar rubbish.

Stupid, unjust law of the kind I would expect Nazis to be in favour of.

edit on 35pFri, 16 Feb 2018 07:58:35 -060020182018-02-16T07:58:35-06:00kAmerica/Chicago28000000k by SprocketUK because: sometimes, less is more.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

is that actually a hashtag , that is crazy people post # like that !

wow #killallwhitemen #UK - bahar mustafa

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yeah, been threads on it here in the past, usually about the bull people like to pass about it being impossible to be racist against whites.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

pretty eye opening after putting that into the search field in twitter

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Quick question re comedy.

Comedy can be considered art, right?

Freedom of artistic expression?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Hatred knows neither race nor gender.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

yes comedy is considered as such , an art form in literature or in music or performance art.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What I cant understand is that , I thought laws were based on logic and reason and therefore they are concrete resolute and absolute .

However this law appears to be based on logical fallacy , and "emotions"

how has this piece of legislation even been passed by law makers ?

it seems extremely rushed and pushed through the bill process to deal with the rise in hate speech claims between various ethnic groups in the UK

Are there any solicitors or lawyers on ATS who can weigh in on this legislation ?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Utterly ridiculous. Worse than that, Count Cankula’s words were expressed as a joke, not hatred. Prosecuting innocent people is the logical conclusion of these sorts of hate speech laws. Besides, they have been proven by history to only exacerbate hatred.

It’s a damn shame.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
his opinion was. when people mark him as a raycist than they do those a favor who actually really donig it because its. creating distraction

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What you must understand every, and I mean every large company, corporation, council or government have these "grey" laws. It allows them to bend or even break their own rules for their benefit. This is not new and has been around a long time.
The problem is not the rules or laws or regulations (even if they are stupid or superfluous) it comes down to the most important bit. Just who decides the "crime". The devil is in the detail.
In answer to that is the nasty vile insidious bit. The ones who decide are the ones that wrote the rules etc.
It ain't the ordinary man in the street, you know him, it might be me or you. But we will be the ones to pay the price. Cos they'll ALWAYS interpret the law their way.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Some things aren't defendable as 'just joking'.

Saying 'gas the jews' and having your dog give a Hitler salute are two such things.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. Hate speech is hate speech.

If he was too stupid to understand why you can't say 'gas the jews' and get away with it, then now he knows. I have no sympathy.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Some things aren't defendable as 'just joking'.

Saying 'gas the jews' and having your dog give a Hitler salute are two such things.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. Hate speech is hate speech.

If he was too stupid to understand why you can't say 'gas the jews' and get away with it, then now he knows. I have no sympathy.

Of course you have no sympathy. Censors never do.

Freedom of speech does mean freedom of consequences.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It wasn't hate speech.
It was comedy.

Scottish hate speech = "Augh, this whiskey tastes like arse!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join