It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tide pod challenge was a media caused trend..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yupa reply to: Justso

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: DBCowboy

I thought he worked for you?

He did.

This is what happens when you put ice in my bourbon.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

These Youtube "video bloggers" and viral videos are wreaking havoc... Poison Control has had over 12,000 calls because of the Tide Pods... link

You can thank that idiot Logan Paul for encouraging the Tide Pod challenge on his twitter. The same idiot who filmed a dead body in the Japanese "suicide forest", and who tazed a dead rat sparking outrage with animal rights activists.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What a load of #.
The media is not the cause of this stupid trend.
This is just the 2000's equivalent of "dude, hold my beer"

Thin the herd.

I find most of these so called trends, are just bored idiots looking for likes on social media.
We all did stupid things when we were younger and still do now on occasion.
Eating loundry detergent tablets and burning your arm on a hot coil, wasn't something that we even thought of doing when we were young.

Sad times we live in.
edit on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 09:25:42 -0600091822018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
We all did stupid things when we were younger...

I'm positive I did stupider things when I was younger that would certainly land me on a government watch list now like manufacture homemade explosives of all types and then randomly blow shizz up.

And I probably would have been dumb enough to record it if I had a cell phone back then.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Not sure why the FDA isn't banning this too...they are looking to ban imodium because people are using it to get high

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wondered if anyone actually had done that or if it was just some crappost meme that gained traction and inevitably some idiots out there tried it for some clout. Or for an ER bill I don't know.

This is one of those things I can't find the strength to be understanding or kind about. If you see something like this and you do it, you deserve what happens to you. That my friends is natural selection.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

What? Getting high on Imodium? That's a new one on me - how does that work?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Social Media has sped up the rate of Darwin's Natural Selection.

I guess social media is good for something.

Surprised no one's done the Draino challenge yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I heard planking is making a comeback next.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I missed the Tidepod challenge craze when it apparently was a "trend" so i looked it up on YT and all i found were people making fun of it and tell the viewers to not do it because it could be lethal to even try it. YT seems to have erased a ton of videos regarding this stupid challenge as well. I highly doubt it was ever real to begin with. Taking selfies at dangerous places is still far more dangerous then any dreamed up challenge on YT.

I couldn't find a single video of this stupid challenge anywhere. Not even on Liveleaks.
edit on 14-2-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Nah. Really dumb challenges and dares have been around forever. These things just didn't get national attention nor did they become widely known or adopted because from beginning of time through 2000 there wasn't an avenue to film yourself doing said challenge and instantly make it available to the entire world to see.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Of course the media encouraged this nonsense by labeling it a "trend." It's not like all kinds of stupid people around the country decided independently to do it on their own. That would require some kind of super ESP or something. Or that "Hundredth Monkey" thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Sure, it's not like free-basing tide pods, but it shows how easily people are swayed to follow the trends/herd.

I see you're trying to start a tide pod free-basing trend. Everyone knows you need to main-line them if you want serious fake internet points.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: rhynouk
We all did stupid things when we were younger...

I'm positive I did stupider things when I was younger that would certainly land me on a government watch list now like manufacture homemade explosives of all types and then randomly blow shizz up.

And I probably would have been dumb enough to record it if I had a cell phone back then.

Heh, true.

We took M-80 firecrackers and blew up bottles, cans, toys and just about anything else that would look cool flying apart. Of course, those firecrackers were outlawed in our area eventually. Too dangerous and caused fires in tinder-dry conditions in July.

Remember lawn darts? We'd toss them up into the air and run like hell to keep from getting hit.

Still... I never once considered ingesting poison deliberately. Kids do dumb stuff, but chugging poison transcends stupidity by a hefty margin.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We used a handycam on occasion..good, dumb fun times they were..long ago.
Somehow eating laundry detergent just doesn't have the same appeal.
edit on 14-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Still... I never once considered ingesting poison deliberately.

Nope. I never drank underage.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is why it was very dangerous for Dr Trump to say what he said about disinfectants!!!

Deny Ignorance

top topics

<< 1   >>

join